Liberty Safe Confirms They Gave Feds Access Code to Gun Safe During Raid on January 6 Protester

when i had a locksmith in from boston lock and safe, he was in my safe in minutes. new york minutes, lightning fast minutes. a drill, spy cam and a long metal toothpick. noise...hardly none. he was a wizard.

What Liberty Safe did was a violation.

In hind sight it would not have mattered. The feds would have just broke it open.

That is what I am seeing at the end of the day.
So better they worked for it then! Let them eat cake!!

Highly determined and skilled?
If we are talking 99% of the gun 'safes' out there - Liberty included - any jamoke with an angle grinder can open them up lickety split.
Depends on the thickness of the steel - some take longer than others (but all are vulnerable).

Highly determined and skilled?
If we are talking 99% of the gun 'safes' out there - Liberty included - any jamoke with an angle grinder can open them up lickety split.
Was referring to a $16k TL rated safe
My point is a $1k-$2k homeowner safe and insurance is a better deal in the long run

Thinking about this earlier today. Had a thought. What if a person removes the serial number from the safe. I think it's usually a sticker or small plate. Manufacturer would have no way of knowing anything about accessing it unless it was purchased direct.
if you register the safe then they can just search by name, address or email

What Liberty Safe did was a violation.

In hind sight it would not have mattered. The feds would have just broke it open.

That is what I am seeing at the end of the day.

Apparently though there is a master code that can be used to enter any liberty safe and they give it out to the feds. That's not exactly confidence inspiring when buying a product with the literal name of "safe".

I would say give lock picking lawyer a few weeks and he'll probably find out what it is and we'll all be shocked to our cores.

Putting aside the 'access to feds' issue is the idea that criminals will eventually find out the secret trick to opening a liberty safe and they will clean it out when robbing a home. That's the bigger danger to society created by a company that created a backdoor probably at the behest of law enforcement to begin with.

A personally made a sign with the additional details makes your specific intent much clearer.

Perhaps the most important details is that the safe and contents are exclusively yours and no other person, even if they hold power of attorney, is authorized to give consent. You may be able to look a police officer in the eye and politely say "no", but if your spouse does not share that trait, plays the "ok, he has nothing to hide" line, or otherwise consents it could be considered a consent search.

Last edited:
Where can you get this?

Kay (MiB): We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Poke the bear at your own peril. I can just imagine what would happen when an FBI bully-with-a-badge sees one of these magnets, because you are proclaiming that you have committed two crimes. Not only are booby traps illegal, but so is unlicensed possession of explosive materials. So if even if there wasn't a warrant for your arrest, you've just given them probable cause to arrest you. The charges won't stick, but you probably won't enjoy the process, and good luck getting the arrest record expunged.

That's not the real concern, though. Said bully may decide to call in the bomb squad to deal with your safe. Bomb squads correctly value their own safety over damage to your property, so whatever they decide they have to destroy in order to render your safe safe, you're going to end up paying the bill.

Apparently though there is a master code that can be used to enter any liberty safe and they give it out to the feds. That's not exactly confidence inspiring when buying a product with the literal name of "safe".

I would say give lock picking lawyer a few weeks and he'll probably find out what it is and we'll all be shocked to our cores.

Putting aside the 'access to feds' issue is the idea that criminals will eventually find out the secret trick to opening a liberty safe and they will clean it out when robbing a home. That's the bigger danger to society created by a company that created a backdoor probably at the behest of law enforcement to begin with.
If it's a generalized code that opens any liberty safe it will be all over the web soon.
We know the feds leak like a screen door.
It would amuse them greatly to f*ck with gun owners.

Kay (MiB): We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Poke the bear at your own peril. I can just imagine what would happen when an FBI bully-with-a-badge sees one of these magnets, because you are proclaiming that you have committed two crimes. Not only are booby traps illegal, but so is unlicensed possession of explosive materials. So if even if there wasn't a warrant for your arrest, you've just given them probable cause to arrest you. The charges won't stick, but you probably won't enjoy the process, and good luck getting the arrest record expunged.

That's not the real concern, though. Said bully may decide to call in the bomb squad to deal with your safe. Bomb squads correctly value their own safety over damage to your property, so whatever they decide they have to destroy in order to render your safe safe, you're going to end up paying the bill.
I think you’re being over dramatic Parker.

This will make folks go back to dial combinations.

S&G

If you dial starts to get out of tune, pay $200 for a safe guy to reset it.

I bet that only happens every 20 years on a S&G dial.

If you are gentle dialing it may never happen.

No worries about batteries either.

For the Liberty electronics- I bet each electronic master combo is different. They just keep track by safe serial numbers.

More guns = more problems.

Just own one or two.

Keep the rest buried. You’ll sleep good knowing they are safe under the earth.

If you simplify your life and don’t collect expensive things - nobody will want to rob you.

The master code, if present, is specific to the lock - not a single code across various models. In some cases, it can be changed - but only if you know it - and the manufacturer withholds that info "for your protection" to they can "service you". It's not specifically a back door, but, if not provided to the buyer, can be used as one.

Exactly. So no pre-Healey Noveske lowers.
I live in a shitty 3rd floor apartment. One bedroom. Good luck getting up the steps in a hurry.

I keep certain other things at work in a safe. The building has restricted access and security.

I sleep well knowing I’m not a target.

When I’m away from home I don’t worry either.

I own nothing and I’m happy!

Back
Top Bottom