Marlboro, Best Western Royal Plaza - 9/20-21

If anyone is going on Sat. and happens to notice could you pass along the case price for 7.62x39. You know just the cheap stuff Golden tiger or whatever. I want to make sure it would be worth the trip on Sunday.

Dying to go, but looks like I'll be missing it. Parent's weekend at my daughter's college.

Anyone planning on going to the Springfield show?

If anyone is going on Sat. and happens to notice could you pass along the case price for 7.62x39. You know just the cheap stuff Golden tiger or whatever. I want to make sure it would be worth the trip on Sunday.

Be aware that it has been previously reported that the major ammo vendor has been known to increase his prices over the 2 day shows as his competitors supplies sell out or dwindle. If this is true (I have not tried to confirm it), there may be a significant difference between Saturday's price and what he's asking on Sunday.

Be aware that it has been previously reported that the major ammo vendor has been known to increase his prices over the 2 day shows as his competitors supplies sell out or dwindle. If this is true (I have not tried to confirm it), there may be a significant difference between Saturday's price and what he's asking on Sunday.

Your true on this, that is why if anything, I'll go around the last 30 minutes and barter with time remaining. I have walked out with good deals in the past. [wink]

And I might as well tell that certain vendor that the 300 rounds of tracers I bought at last years show, not one worked... POS! I looked at them closer as my supply was nearing zero, pulled one and I almost laughed to myself.. they were repainted tip steel core! Bastard! Grrr!

Last edited:
My recollection is there is usually only one ammo vendor at these shows

The NY guys are always there but sometimes there are a few smaller scale vendors throughout the show with cases. usually what they'll do is make a run through the show and find out what the other guys are selling ammo for and adjust their prices accordingly.
Its only Wilmington that I've seen 2 major ammo vendors at the same show and they're both from NY. What is the deal with arrogant NY ammo vendors? Aren't there any New England ammo dealers?[thinking]

At the last Springfield I had a guy refuse to sell me a couple of M1 carbine mags unless I showed my Class A. I should have walked[frown] but I needed the mags

Wow, I'm impressed . . . someone who actually knew the law and abided by it. Rare breed at the shows, that's for sure.

The NY guys are always there but sometimes there are a few smaller scale vendors throughout the show with cases. usually what they'll do is make a run through the show and find out what the other guys are selling ammo for and adjust their prices accordingly.
Its only Wilmington that I've seen 2 major ammo vendors at the same show and they're both from NY. What is the deal with arrogant NY ammo vendors? Aren't there any New England ammo dealers?[thinking]

Not to mention some other problems with NY ammo vendors...

At the last Springfield I had a guy refuse to sell me a couple of M1 carbine mags unless I showed my Class A. I should have walked[frown] but I needed the mags

Wow, I'm impressed . . . someone who actually knew the law and abided by it. Rare breed at the shows, that's for sure.

Well, considering you only need a Class B, he apparently doesn't know the law.

Unless he thinks you're buying them for an Iver Johnson Enforcer.

The one thing you will be forced to do is pay mass sales tax.

Any of you that go to MA gun shows, pay attention- it's almost comical. You can practically hear the vendor announce at maximum volume that you ware paying sales tax. [laugh] This type of behavior seems to be more prolific if
one of the thugs from MDOR has visited the show...

Example: "So.... that'll be $5.00.... AND TWENTY FIVE CENTS SALES TAX!"

-Mike

The one thing you will be forced to do is pay mass sales tax.

Any of you that go to MA gun shows, pay attention- it's almost comical. You can practically hear the vendor announce at maximum volume that you ware paying sales tax. [laugh] This type of behavior seems to be more prolific if
one of the thugs from MDOR has visited the show...

Example: "So.... that'll be $5.00.... AND TWENTY FIVE CENTS SALES TAX!"

-Mike

And DOR does "attend"!! I've been queried by them twice while manning hte GOAL table at gun shows!

I am out for this show. I have a hunter-ed course sat morning and I am helping out with my towns PD open house in the afternoon. Trap on Sunday.

Last edited:
I would not say "always" but if you look around you do find deals. All depends on what you are looking to buy.

Do they check ID at the door? I would like to go on Sunday, and might try to get my girl to come with me (No FID/LTC).

I would be looking for glock 22 hi-caps, Ar hi-caps, Rail light for a 4566, ammo, and maybe a decent 870 for deer season.

No ID check at the door, if you have a firearm with you, you will need to have them band it. Do not bring the firearm in loaded. I have done this in the past to size up new holsters. As for bringing her with out the ID, This will answer it. I have taken my kids to shows before.[grin]

No ID check at the door, if you have a firearm with you, you will need to have them band it. Do not bring the firearm in loaded. I have done this in the past to size up new holsters. As for bringing her with out the ID, This will answer it. I have taken my kids to shows before.[grin]

Thank you kindly for the info.

Ill be checking out Sunday, now i only have to convince her to go. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom