Marlboro, Best Western Royal Plaza - 9/20-21

Last year I went loaded (the gun that is) and you just had to check the mag at the door and get tie wrapped. Very easy. Does anyone know if this will be the same process this year?

Thank you kindly for the info.

Ill be checking out Sunday, now i only have to convince her to go. [hmmm]

Depending on her interests she may even find something to buy. There are vendors who go and sell all kinds of non gun stuff. Its kind of like a flea market just with 85% guns.

well... i might bring SMALL amount of cash.... but till i do something about my 6 k credit card damage.. im out of the purchasing market....

well... i might bring SMALL amount of cash.... but till i do something about my 6 k credit card damage.. im out of the purchasing market....

My brother in law keeps telling me that the amount of fun you have in life is directly linked to the amount of dept you leave behind when you pass to the next life.

Then again, he's rich and I'm fairly certain my sister is a sucessful gold digger. [laugh]

Well, Greg isn't going to have any tables, so I'm not going to be working this show...

SO, it' looks like I might just go up and walk around.

Who's going?? And do we want to meet up before hand?

I won't be able to stay late for beers after, as I will be heading out to the GOAL banquet.

I'm going to get out there early, because I can't stay too long. I'll keep and eye out for you, as Sandy Duncan might say.

Marlboro Show Report - 9/20/08

Just got back from the show - as per usual, got there early enough to be at the front of the line (actually, #2).

Usual Marlboro show, but a bit smaller. The tip off is the wider aisles between tables. Parking still free, but admission is now kicked up to $10.

Saw lots of pistols and shotguns, a good assortment of antiques and milsurps, along with the usual parts and accessories. The jerky guy was there.

The one big plus for me was that the NY Ammo boys were not the only game in town. Lots of other tables had ammo, and that probably pushed their prices down.

Said "Hello" to Milsurps 4 Me, Ronbok, Nichole, Len and a few others. Saw Flotter, but was afraid he might explode if I mentioned the NES lowers...

The usual show - good entertainment if nothing else.

Enjoy!

I got there just about as the show opened. The guy behind me said hello someone walking by and mentioned NES. Turns out it was Snapshot saying hello to Milsurps4Me who was headed to the end of the line. I saw Ray later and also met Edin508. Missed LenS, Deena must have let him get away from the GOAL table for a bit. Saw at least one guy wearing a NES sweatshirt.

Edin508 had a good idea about putting together a NES table. With this group we probably have enough collected stuff to justify doing it. Just a thought.

Milsurps seemed high, handgun prices were OK, but there was nothing that I was interested in. Ammo prices were up for some stuff, but the NY guys had a decent deal for 700 rounds of 7.62 x 39 at $140.00. Their Swiss 7.5 was way up as was their .303. I don't need either right now, so I'll wait.

I was looking for cleaning supplies such as bore snakes, bore jags, brushes, and so on, but pickings were slim.

Lot's of books, lot's of militaria, not too much extraneous stuff.

Note that there is a Fitchburg show scheduled for Mar 28 & 29 at the Wachusett Expo Center.

I just got back from the show and it was ok. As indicated it was short a number of tables and some usual vendors. I went there looking for a few certain items and came out with one small item. I was seriously considering the Tapco SKS replacement stock one guy had, but I passed.

Saw Milsurp4Me, Dench, Lens, WChandler and Flotter who I did discuss the AR Pissed Off thread with him for a few minutes. [smile] I think I crossed paths with Big Red as well.

Overall I was fine with the show, but I was hoping for more of what I was looking for. Maybe at the Big E.

. I guess I should bathe and brush my teeth when I get home.

why bother? 80% of the people there today stunk. . . I was behind a guy that i think shit his pants, I had to leave the table, and when i returned someone was purchasing what I was looking at.

So, young lady (if you're in here) I hope you enjoy the beretta cx4 storm. It was a good buy

I think I crossed paths with Big Red as well.

Yes you did (nearly ran me over) but didn't even stop to say hi. I felt no love [smile]

I too saw Flotter but he looked pissed [wink] so I just kept on walking.

I picked up a couple of bags of cleaning patches and some targets. There were a few guns I liked but had no idea whether they were prices right. That's still my biggest problem when it comes to gun shows. I simply don't know what is a good deal.

it was much better then the concord NH show. i saw rockrivr, gave him his mamba, walked around for about 20 mins and left. i cant think of anything i want to buy right now, and im trying to get my hands on a subcompact glock, so i need to watch the money.

Thanks to an insider who was at the head of the line this morning, I got a lead on a flat-topped, Wilson barreled, CMT uppper, post-ban, for $425. Sweet!

It will go well with my Stag lower.

attended as well...said hello to Milsurps4me (always fun to listen about old military rifles), LenS (joined goal...long overdue), Edin508 (great ammo Karma)and thanks Fred(50bmg) for the great deal on the Fobus for my Glock 23. Gonna try a little action shooting next week at HSC. Picked up a few minor items also...large can of breakfree and BC super blue to touch up a few scratches...good to walk around for a few hours...listening and learning...dave

I had never been to a New England gun show before and I found the Marlboro show to be about 1/4 the size of the ones I used to go to in Washington State. And, of course, there was much less variety in the types of handguns and long guns.

I found the prices at Marlboro to be somewhat inflated over what I can find on gunbroker.com (I tend to use a handful of "sentinel" guns as points of reference), but you have to take into account the shipping and FFL transfer fees if you're buying from out-of-state sellers on gunbroker. But, in fact, I drove from Marlboro to Four Seasons to pick up a VEPR K in 7.62 that I had bought from a guy in Georgia a few weeks ago.

I was there. Bought a Defender Liotech with high/low/strobe + charging stand and holster from John. Great Guy. Mrs. Wong was very impressed with the light, and she doesn't usually get impressed. Plus a couple of GOAL items and a neck knife. One section of the room smelled like a bad fart, but it could've been me. I dunno. Saw Len and Deena, met MikeL and Jim from the Board. Overall, good experience.

Marlboro was below average this time. I didn't see a single Glock sub compact. Plenty of S&W compacts though. And .223/5.56 ammo pricing was ridiculous, unless you're willing to use Wolf, which I'm not.

I did pick up some reloads from M&M though - 9mm copper round nose 200/$41. Those guys always make good stuff, and reasonably priced (relatively speaking).

Last edited:
I got there just about as the show opened. The guy behind me said hello someone walking by and mentioned NES. Turns out it was Snapshot saying hello to Milsurps4Me who was headed to the end of the line.

Yup... that was cool to have somebody to chat with while waiting in line. I also saw a few other members but didn't remember their names.

This wasn't the best show I've been to but it wasn't bad. A couple of guys had Viht powder which was nice to know because it's damn near impossible to get in this state. Their prices were high but they had it.

The guy in the back who carries AK parts had a slimmer selection then last time. No flats or other major parts this time. Say... whatever happened to that AK build party we were going to have?

Milsurps seemed high, handgun prices were OK, but there was nothing that I was interested in. Ammo prices were up for some stuff, but the NY guys had a decent deal for 700 rounds of 7.62 x 39 at $140.00. Their Swiss 7.5 was way up as was their .303. I don't need either right now, so I'll wait.

Nah, I was just feeling the effects of Fall allergies. [rofl]
But yeah surplus stuff was high priced. I saw more Enfields today than any show so far. Sorry it took me a while to remember the cabinet buy Garys, but after thinking Enfields and seeing you, it all registered.

Fred to me looked like he just stole candy from the jar. Someone asked him what he bought and he started giggling like a little kid saying "Mine all mine!" [laugh]

I was glad to see NY Steve back at the ammo table. Yeah the NY guys can be arrogant but he definitely is the better seller out of his family. I felt good about buying a 700 round tin of 7.62x39 for $140. Thats actually less than what I pay for it by mail order and it was right there to bring home. They also had Radway Green 303 British for $25 a bandolier with stripper clips. Its actually a great price and thinking about it now, I should have bought one. Brit ammo for Brit guns is the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom