Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

Damn you, memberships to stuff, damn you to hell!

I'm in college, isnt my NES membership enough already? Ya'll gonna drive me to the poorhouse. And I've already rented a room there! [laugh]

Seriously though, looking for some good deals. Specifically on 1911's and .22 pistols.

As a man that has been and is now well beyond your current position, I wish I had joined GOAL while I was in college - get a life time membership to NRA & GOAL ASAP - compared to one semester's worth of books, it's a smarter investment

I have a GOAL renewal coming up.. Any benefit to renewing at the show vs. just mailing in my check? Aside from the "gun show experience"? Also, can I pre-zip tie my own firearm that way I can try to futz with it a little to make sure it is tight and the nub at the end of the zip tie is basically inside the magwell? I am in the market for an M-Tac holster and want as little interference as possible when trying one out.

Also, anyone know if Greg Derr will be present and able to take home my poor M&P to give is a little trigger job?

Lastly, is Qmmo usually boucing around there? I have some casings to drop off with him. I could call and ask but since I was rambling off questions I figured i would should for the old 5 birds (questions) with 1 stone (post)!

I have a GOAL renewal coming up.. Any benefit to renewing at the show vs. just mailing in my check? Aside from the "gun show experience"? Also, can I pre-zip tie my own firearm that way I can try to futz with it a little to make sure it is tight and the nub at the end of the zip tie is basically inside the magwell? I am in the market for an M-Tac holster and want as little interference as possible when trying one out.

Also, anyone know if Greg Derr will be present and able to take home my poor M&P to give is a little trigger job?

Lastly, is Qmmo usually boucing around there? I have some casings to drop off with him. I could call and ask but since I was rambling off questions I figured i would should for the old 5 birds (questions) with 1 stone (post)!

Same price for GOAL renew online vs. at the show.

Yes, you can pre-zip and it's a good idea . . . just do it very safely regardless of where (assuming you are unloading the gun).

Greg Derr I've never seen at a gun show (doesn't mean that he never attends) . . . I know that he doesn't rent a table at shows. Mike Larocca does rent a table at all the shows.

Don't recall ever seeing Q at a show either.

I will probably go to the show but definitely NOT as a dealer. Why haul all that weight up there and then pay someone else for the privilige to use a table in order to sell something that does little more than break even after taxes and expenses, AND, also knowing that the vast majority of people buying the stuff will steal the brass anyways (I'll never see it again....like the guy that bought 750 rds. of .308 Match in real LakeCity Match cases a year and a half ago and never returned it). After that thievery I lost $$ and these days I can no longer afford to subsidize someone elses hobby. So, I don't do gun shows. Period.

MisterHappy's idea about printing out your Avatar and attaching it to you clothing is a great idea. I will print mine on a 2"x4" shipping label and slap it on my forehead....or maybe stick it on my chest somewhere.

Last edited:
MisterHappy's idea about printing out your Avatar and attaching it to you clothing is a great idea. I will print mine on a 2"x4" shipping label and slap it on my forehead....or maybe stick it on my chest somewhere.

Whew....that's a relief....I'm glad that your avatar isn't a picture of you! I have no wish to be assimilated!
[smile]

As for when to come, last year there was a line until 10:30 on Saturday, about 10 on sunday.

I am in the market for an M-Tac holster and want as little interference as possible when trying one out.

I haven't been to a show, but I doubt you'll find an MTAC. I've never seen a Comp-Tac holster at a gun shop. It seems even less likely a dealer would haul a big variety of holsters to a show. Why not just order one direct from comp-tac? They have a no questions asked 30 day return policy. You just pay shipping.

There is one holster dealer with good stock and good product at the shows. Don't recall the brand he sells, but it is one of the "majors".

ike the guy that bought 750 rds. of .308 Match in real LakeCity Match cases a year and a half ago and never returned it
Are you saying you didn't include the brass in the deal and didn't collect a deposit sufficient to cover the value of the brass to assure it's return?

At the last fitchburg show there was a dealer that had some stock of Comp-Tac products, it was not very well displayed but he had about 50 or so holsters there , I picked up a Comp-Tac flashlight holster for a Surefire G2Z from him

I am in the market for an M-Tac holster and want as little interference as possible when trying one out.

I am a hands on kinda guy. I have seen, touched, and tried an M-Tac that a fellow NES'r has, but I would rather hold the item in my hand when buying. Its a preference, but I am not 100% opposed to buying direct over the internet. I just like to handle the product before I buy if the opportunity arises.

Remsport will be at the show. We will have Remsport 1911 slides, frames and barrels and Glock stainless steel match barrels, our own manufactured AR stripped lower receivers, stripped uppers as well as an assortment of complete uppers, AR complete bolt carrier assemblies, our own stainless steel AR barrels, an assortment of AR stocks, handguards, other AR building parts and lower parts kits. We alwaysl have enough parts to build a complete rifle on hand.
All of our items will be special show priced just like the other shows we have sold at.
We do not sell guns at shows as a rule, however if there is something you are looking for let us know and we will try to have it for you.
We take cash all major credit cards and checks so payment should not be a problem.
John
413 579 1994

Can anyone provide more clarification on the zip tie. I want to try out some holsters. Do I zip tie from where the mag goes in the where the shell goes out or do I zip tie through the barrel? Or is it both? Also, can I fit a gun in a holster with a zip tie in it? Can I remove the zip tie and then re zip tie it if necessary?
Thanks.

Can anyone provide more clarification on the zip tie. I want to try out some holsters. Do I zip tie from where the mag goes in the where the shell goes out or do I zip tie through the barrel? Or is it both? Also, can I fit a gun in a holster with a zip tie in it? Can I remove the zip tie and then re zip tie it if necessary?
Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, I would say it is looped up the magwell out of the extactor port and back down the outside face of the grip. I had a similar question for a similar reason. I intend on zip-tieing it myself such that the tie nub is located inside the magwell if possible.

At the last fitchburg show there was a dealer that had some stock of Comp-Tac products, it was not very well displayed but he had about 50 or so holsters there , I picked up a Comp-Tac flashlight holster for a Surefire G2Z from him

I bought my Comp Tac for my 1911 at a Marlborough show last year. The dealer was a NH guy as I remember.

Thanks.

They zip tie it at the door as you go in (or at least that is the way I've seen it done most times), most dealers have zip ties and can rezip tie it for you after you try your holster (if you need to take it off).

I allways carry a gun show bag with me when I go to one, It's just a canvas bag with pockets so I can put my mag into one of the pockets, I also carry some zip ties and snips and other things like that. I bring it also so I can put my buys into it and carry it easyer than those plastic hand cutters that you get from the dealers [smile]. l also carry a small foldable cooler with me in the bag, that way I don't have to pay $ 3 for a diet coke.

like the guy that bought 750 rds. of .308 Match in real LakeCity Match cases a year and a half ago and never returned it

Are you saying you didn't include the brass in the deal and didn't collect a deposit sufficient to cover the value of the brass to assure it's return?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was a little confused by this post.

Yes, Q happens to be one of those rare people who operates on "trust"! He asks his customers to return all (or all that they can find) the brass back to him and he doesn't charge a deposit for the brass.

Yes, Q happens to be one of those rare people who operates on "trust"! He asks his customers to return all (or all that they can find) the brass back to him and he doesn't charge a deposit for the brass.

AH OK, I wasn't sure there either. It's hard now adays, you almost have to charge a deposit on everything [smile].

I'm thinking of making a guest appearance on Sunday.

You BEST stop by and say hi! Wear your "gun shirt" shirt.

And god bless him!!

C-pher, Are you there on Sunday? I hope so, just like old times. It will be good to see you at a table again. BTW if you could have the guys bring a CZ in .22 its mine. I was going to buy one from them at the Holbrook show but totally spaced and walked out the door.

Thanks Len. I clearly state on my website that I don't charge for brass and I don't buy brass. I also don't generate any income from the ammo biz. I have my reasons for operating it that way. There are a few that have taken advantage of my "honor system".

Back on topic - while I will probably attend the gun show I will not be able to conduct any kind of business at that venue. I have been getting some requests to bring ammo to the show but I'm not a dealer there, will not have any ammo with me when I go, so, please, don't ask.

Last edited:
C-pher, Are you there on Sunday? I hope so, just like old times. It will be good to see you at a table again. BTW if you could have the guys bring a CZ in .22 its mine. I was going to buy one from them at the Holbrook show but totally spaced and walked out the door.

Yes, I will be there both Sat and Sun...so stop on by and say Hi. I'll tell Greg to bring a CZ if he's got one...but he usually brings one or two to every show.

Does anybody know if the guy that does the fitted ear plugs will be there and approx cost for a set.
Thanks
Dave

Last I remember I want to say it was around 60-80 bucks. But that's been awile.

im looking forward to attending my first gun show. im looking for some magazines. i need some 5 or 10 round mags for my norinco jw-14 .22. also im looking for pre-ban 12 round mags for my sig p226 .40 cal.
i am confused on carry to show then in show rules. id like to carry to marlboro but what do i do with my mag and rounds? i assume i just put them in my pocket. thanks for any and all information bill

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom