Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

Milsurp ammo... Yeah I've seen some there. Not tons but get there early and use the speedwalk method.

This'll be the first time in 6 or 7 years that I won't be attending the January Marlboro gunshow. I'm attending a birthday party mid-day tomorrow and I've never bothered going on Sunday. I'll go in September most likely.

It's almost time...I'm getting excited.

Don't forget to stop by the Powder Keg table and introduce yourself... I'll be the younger of the three...unless Pete is going with us...then we'll be the younger of the four...and I'll be the skinner one of the younger ones... LOL! Love ya Pete!

And if you love milsurps...Greg's always got a bunch of beauties.

I was there tonite setting up. The dealer near the right side of the building had primers at non-gouge prices - not huge quantities, but Winchester primers of several types including small rifle for $35/K. My guess is that his primer inventory will last less than an hour.

...unless Pete is going with us...then we'll be the younger of the four...and I'll be the skinner one of the younger ones... LOL! Love ya Pete!

And if you love milsurps...Greg's always got a bunch of beauties.
I'll be there, but not with the Powder Keg. 1776 and I are headed up together. PM sent with details of what happened.

I will be there. Not that anyone knows who I am haha. Not looking to spend a ton though. Some small glock parts possibly. Slide release, mag well plug those sorts of things.
Tip about bringing the C+R is great. Never thought of that. Still don't have a milsurp in the collection.

I suppose open carry is OK after they zip tie the gun correct?

Oh crap, so they open at 9:30 AM.

If I got in the parking lot at 7:30 AM is that even too late or should it be early enough to ensure I'm one of the first 20% in the door?

Don't sweat it the deals aren't that good. All the good stuff (eg really good deals) are gone by the time it's open to the public.

ETA: That said I might still be going, Saturday, at least for an hour or so... I'm a glutton for punishment. [laugh]

-Mike

I might take a ride just to get some beef jerky. I can't remember the last time i saw or heard about a "deal" at a gun show other than the score I made in wilmington last year.

Heading up on Sunday with a buddy. I've always enjoyed the show and have often found milsurp additions to my collection. Maintaining contact with dealer friends and finding the unexpected item make the trip worthwhile to me. If not rifles, then books, ammo and jerky :)

I'll be heading up with my roommate Saturday morning. Was disappointed by the lack of jerky at the Manchester show earlier in the month, so I plan to buy some of that at the very least. I'd say look for the bearded guy in the barn coat and say hi, but that would probably describe a significant portion of the attendees.

im also not sure on show carry. i want to carry there and the rest of my day. what happens when we get there thanks bill

I was there tonite setting up. The dealer near the right side of the building had primers at non-gouge prices - not huge quantities, but Winchester primers of several types including small rifle for $35/K. My guess is that his primer inventory will last less than an hour.

I just sold some Winchester small pistol primers for $30 per 1000 tax included and felt a little guilty about maybe over-charging for them. I guess I was more than fair.

I will go to the show mid day on Sat. just to see what people are charging for things.....

Does anyone know if they are having an anti-carry policy there?

im also not sure on show carry. i want to carry there and the rest of my day. what happens when we get there thanks bill

There will be a cop there asking if you are carrying. He will then direct you to a table where you will unload your gun and a zip tie will be placed around/through your gun to make it inoperable. You will then be able to take the gun with you.

Got there at 8:30 and was pretty close to the front of the line, we got to wait inside just before the show opened which was nice. Zipped through the show pretty quick since I wasn't really looking for anything.

My. G-d. Lines out to the parking lot. People milling around so you can't even get close to where you want to go... and that was in the PARKING LOT.

I decided to go home and clean my guns. I can learn to make my own jerky.

At the door, they will ask if you are carrying. It is best to have unloaded (SAFELY) before getting to the door. Present your unloaded firearm and the nice gal/gent will place a plastic zip tie through the action and return it to you. Yes, just place your mag/ammo in your pockets or the backpack you plan on filling with goodies. [smile]

Stop by the USPSA practical shooting course booth and say hi.

Michael Chludenski. NRA, GOAL, USPSA, Hopkinton Sportsmen.

concealed means concealed......

Just got back. I got there around 9:15 and there was a HUGE line but it moved quickly. I was able to get my ears molded for custom ear plugs where I met a couple of other NES'ers (I already forgot their names). I also was able to see John from Remsport and pay for a barrel that he is going to send me.I had a chance to Catch Up with LenS.... All in all it was the same show that it always is, but a nice way to get out of the house

Couldn't make it today due to car issues.

I might go tomorrow but did anyone see:

1) Saiga 12? Might buy one of those.
2) 5.56mm SS109/M855? - want to try that to compare the XM193

Thanx for any info

I was in line at 8:45, wicked cold outside. Walked around for a few hours, then It became very crowded. I picked up a couple of AK magazines for $15 each, and a pound of jerky. If I had excess cash I could have spent it all.

I just sold some Winchester small pistol primers for $30 per 1000 tax included and felt a little guilty about maybe over-charging for them. I guess I was more than fair.

I will go to the show mid day on Sat. just to see what people are charging for things.....

I just paid $35 for large pistol primers 1k Winchester at the show. You are being pretty fair with your price.

Got there around 12:45PM or so. No real lines but the floor was packed. Checked on prices for ammo and components....sort of a reality check for me. I was stunned at some of the ammo prices and what components were selling for. I know what components cost at wholesale and what I saw stuff priced at for the show was outrageous. Met Mr. Happy and bumped into a few other NESrs. Spent $10 on a ticket for the TVI raffle at the GOAL table. Thats it. No new guns for me..... :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom