Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

I didn't see any HK mags there, not that I was looking for them. However, I went to K&R on my way to the show and they had a bargain of magazines in there for $5ea. They had some HK USP mags still in bags and I think I saw a USP .40 mag. I bought a couple of USP .45 mags. It was a sweet deal.

thanks for the info, i'll check them out

I was there at 9 and the line was long but moved quickly. I saw several NES members and looked for C-pher but did not see him. I talked with John from Remsport and picked up an upper from him and talked with John from Liotec who had some new lights that I was interested in and spent about 3 hours going up and down the aisles. I also talked with Michael at hear safe and had him make a set of plugs. Overall an enjoyable time.

Last edited:
I did watch the Liotec table a couple of times while John went to the potty. LOL!

ALso....bummer moment of the show. I went to the hotsauce table and was infomed that Pit Bull Hotsauce was no longer... I did get three other bottles...but will sorely miss Pit Bull Hotsauce.

We were there around 11:00. Way to crowded to browse . I went to New England Tactical and picked up what I ordered . Browsed a couple of aisles Saw a Trijicon TA 31F acog for a really nice price . Waited 10 minutes for the guy to help me , never came over . We bailed after that . Total zoo !

Ummm, Maybe they just don't like you. [laugh2][rofl][wink]

Its because hes slimmed down so much that he turned sideways and nobody saw him.

And here I thought this would be the guy to lead us into a BBQ team. I don't know... its like trusting a gun shop owner that doesn't shoot.[laugh]

I got there around 8:45 and luckily made it inside before I froze to death. Bought a bunch of t-shirts, some mags, and some rail guards. Really love the dont tread on me shirts!

Its because hes slimmed down so much that he turned sideways and nobody saw him.

And here I thought this would be the guy to lead us into a BBQ team. I don't know... its like trusting a gun shop owner that doesn't shoot.[laugh]
I'd just finished my sandwich when i saw C-pher and wished I'd saved it for him. Two years ago he was BIGGER than I and now he looks great and I'm still talking about getting into shape.

Got there about 12:45 found some AK Parts I needed, a dont tread on me shirt and a ar15/m16 A1 stock and buffer so I can complete a build ive been working on. I have never seen Marlboro so crowded. For me it was a great show for other folks YMMV

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Long time/first time (in a looooong while - so long my post count got reset. LOL)

Good show. WOW it was cold at 8:45. Glad the line moved quick. And glad I wore my milsurp longjohns. Kept me quite toasty. Got there at 7:30 and scored terrific parking. Worth it to not have to trudge down that hill in 4 degree cold.

The show was PACKED. Almost as bad as that disaster of a show in Danvers a couple of years ago. Chuck Would and I tend to start far-left and move right thru the morning. Far left area (usually books and surplus stuff) was PACKED at 9:15.

What WAS nice is there wasn't room for one more dealer table. I love that. I've seen Marlboro 1/3 empty. That was a sad time. Some of the deals were nice, too. I didn't bite at all but pleased to see some good specials. Saw a TON of Ruger LCR's. Every one I looked at was cheaper than the last. That was neat. The GSG's were all over as well. Mostly overpriced but a few in good prices. Ditto for S&W AR .22's. Most were waaay too high versus a dedicated upper. I saw one guy with a good price. Saw TWO Saiga 12's. Both decent prices. And a good-condition P38 with 2 mags and a holster for under $500.

Fun as always. Hankster is a trip to follow around. Not only could he talk his way into Heaven, he'd have St. Peter giving him $20 for the privilege. Stopped in to see the motley crew at Powderkeg. Thankfully avoided Stoney Pete the entire day. He doesn't know I implanted him with a GPS tracking chip a few years ago. I was never closer than 50 feet or 3 rows to him. LOL

Ammo prices are actually coming DOWN. Saw XM193 for $160/400. For a SHOW price, that seemed cheap. That stuff was $500/K+ last year. Still not as good as $160/K (ah, those were the days) but getting better. But ammo cans are thru the roof. $11 for a 5.56??? C'mon! How about $8 for a 50-cal??? That seems more reasonable.

What happened to the crazy vest guy??? You know, the guy that looks a bit "off" that sells all the fringe stuff. Off-market batteries that look like Duracells, barely-leather concealment vests, steel monkey-fists, the 8' folding knife. That stuff. I saw a couple of fringe-stuff sellers but no CVG. :( It's always funny to stand nearby and listen to him talking to someone else about his wares.

Oh, best line I heard. Near the far-right. Some seller was talking to another guy about something his buddy was in. "His unit is so exclusive, it doesn't even have a name." [rofl]

Good to see those I saw. Now I wanna go shooting and it's 4 degrees out! [crying]

there was a guy in front of the booth with a rolling rack of soft body armor for $50-$60 a piece, he sold out in a couple hours, I decided not to pick one up but that seemed to be the "deal of the day" that I noticed

Those seemed pretty flimsy and lightweight compared to my vest. I was curious what they were rated for but not enough to disassemble one to check.

Who was at the GOAL table with MrsMagnum, another NESer?

If it was helping her setup the table, that was me and another guy that helped out in the AM. After helping Kim setup, we cruised the show until ~1230 when we relieved her and the other guy.

As for the show itself... I never thought I'd see a line out into the parking lot 2 hours after start time, but today I did. Trying to get a look at some tables was a pain in the ass. I didn't even get to look at any handguns because most tables were packed with people standing and staring.
The one thing I can never understand is why people feel the need to stop in the middle of an aisle and talk. [rolleyes] Its great to see people that you only bump into at shows and shoots and bullshit for a while, but I always make it a point to be out of the way if I'm going to do so.

Most guns I saw were way overpriced with a few good deals on bolt action surplus guns here and there. 10/22s were priced ok as were new WASR10s, but even the M1 Carbines have gone way up compared to what they were a year ago. I looked at ammo and kept walking. Just about the only stuff I saw worth the price was accessories like mags, parts, targets, etc.

how much $$$ the BW made off admission today.

I've worked the gun shows for many years as a GOAL volunteer and this was the most crowded one I've ever seen. Traffic in the aisles didn't let up until almost 4PM! I consider it a good thing however. I heard a rumor that they are considering doing a 3-day show (like most of Free America, Fri-Sun). We signed up more GOAL members today than GOAL usually does in a 2-day show . . . I hope tomorrow is as productive.

I attend to help out GOAL and to look for accessories. Scored some Win Small Pistol Primers for $35/K and I'm happy. My Wife got a belt and a book written by a Vietnam Vet.

Ray, I hope we weren't blocking anyone when we were chatting today . . . I agree with you on this.

One vendor had 10/22s (they looked new) for $199, cheapest price I've seen at shows or dealers in a year or two.

Early afternoon I was told that 2300 people had paid admission to the show by then. That's a LOT more than any gun show in this neck of the woods.

I will be heading there tomorrow before hitting the range at WPR. did anyone see any H&K .40 10 round mags anywhere in there. I only need one.

Collectors in Stoneham had H&K 10 rd mags for a very good price last I was in there. Worth calling them if you don't find them closer to where you are located.

-----------------------------

It was great seeing tons of NES'rs today. A good day but a long one . . . we got there by 8:50 and left ~5:15PM.

Paul, somehow or another I must've missed you. I ran into Greg, LenS, Fooped, and Rockrivr1. What a jamshot that place was.... never seen it that full.

Handgun defense ammo selection sucked, but there were tons of guns to gawk at. Hard to do though, because of so many people. . It is good to see sales still intense despite the crappy economy.

-Mike

I was there myself looking for USPc 9mm mags and didn't find any USP mags at all (in any caliber - compact or full size)...and I asked most of the dealers with large magazine displays.

I will be heading there tomorrow before hitting the range at WPR. did anyone see any H&K .40 10 round mags anywhere in there. I only need one.

Paul, somehow or another I must've missed you. I ran into Greg, LenS, Fooped, and Rockrivr1. What a jamshot that place was.... never seen it that full.

Handgun defense ammo selection sucked, but there were tons of guns to gawk at. Hard to do though, because of so many people. . It is good to see sales still intense despite the crappy economy.

-Mike

I was looking for a few small items (and was denied) so that kept me from paying attention. Going to the Frosty shoot?

C-Pher, the guy at RemSport was the owner I think. He was snarky and made iy clear that he only dealt with the pistols even when the line for john with the ar parts got long. It was strange. I did pick up a glock barrel and a friend got an ar heavy barrel from them. John was very nice and helpful. The other guy just seemed like he was not a people person. I was able to get him to exchange my glock barrel as it was a 9mm and was supposed to be a .40.

Picked up some small glock parts from the guy all the way against the wall. That was it for the day.

Gun show prices were in full effect on most guns. People selling the new m+p15-22 at $500. Four seasons has it for $436. Saw other guns all significantly over priced. Ammo was ovber priced as well. $15-20 for a box of el cheapo wolf 9mm.

There's going to be more to come on this one.... We'll see.

I'll be hitting the show around noon tomorrow looking for AR components. Hopefully it won't be a waste of time. I'll be the hungover one with the goal hat.

Stop by and say hi.

C-Pher, the guy at RemSport was the owner I think. He was snarky and made iy clear that he only dealt with the pistols even when the line for john with the ar parts got long. It was strange. I did pick up a glock barrel and a friend got an ar heavy barrel from them. John was very nice and helpful. The other guy just seemed like he was not a people person. I was able to get him to exchange my glock barrel as it was a 9mm and was supposed to be a .40.

That's enough...I've had some PMs as well. I don't plan to shop somewhere where the owner treats the customers like they are beneath him... It's shame that they treat people like that...that won't keep you in business very long.

Picked up some small glock parts from the guy all the way against the wall. That was it for the day.

Gun show prices were in full effect on most guns. People selling the new m+p15-22 at $500. Four seasons has it for $436. Saw other guns all significantly over priced. Ammo was ovber priced as well. $15-20 for a box of el cheapo wolf 9mm.

I saw 3 guys at the Remsport table - I didn't talk to any of them, I only did a quick look thru at what they had. The owner is the bald headed guy - whose name escapes me at the moment. He was talking with a couple of guys about AR barrels when I came thru. There was one guy who was just sort of sitting on a chair over near the Glock stuff - he seemed to me like he was a little overwhelmed by the crowd.

I went to go to the show at about 10:30 yesterday,drove past the front and saw the 600ft line out the door....yeah...so I went to Motorsports Int. to get some 4wheeler oil instead...got lunch came back and was able to walk right in....Been to this show a few times now, this was by far the most insane ive seen...packed to the brim like a unventilated trailer truck coming over the border..haha...nonetheless, great show overall, good to see everyone is getting out and buying...I brought my father in law,...almost got him to bring home a SIG, but hes more patient then I am..so hes waiting..haha...I picked up a shoulder holster, just a $20 cheapie for out on the atv, and a box of range FMJ's and a nice bag for a range bag/ cleaning kit bag...I might try to get back there today...!!

Back
Top Bottom