Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

Picked up a NIB Sig 2340 in .357sig from M&M reloaders and renewed my GOAL membership for another year even though I won't be a Mass. resident for very long. Said Hi to Derek and bought a few NES stickers. Nice show.

the show was way crowded and did get a little annoying but all in all not bad. picked up some lead for a little cheaper then Collectors but more importantly met Derek, thanks for the sticker which is already on the truck, but was also able to join Goal. Which is one of the things i went down there for..

O yeah picked up some killer hot sauces too..so all in all it was ok..then got to shoot Scullys SKS at the range after which was cool..

I was there today from around 1:30 until almost 4pm. It was really crowded when I got there, but it seemed the crowds thinned out by the time I left.

Picked up a SIG Mosquito from Stoney Acre Sports, I have always been wanting one, and when I held it in my hand - I had to take it home. I have read mixed reviews on it, so will see for myself when I get to the range.

Thinking of going again tommorow, I didn't get to sign up at the GOAL table and I wanted to!! Grrrrrrrr......

The crowd had thinned out by the time I got there at 1:30pm and was very light by the time I left at 3:30pm. I went there to see what kind of Black Powder stuff was there and saw some interesting stuff. Expensive to, which is why I'm very happy to be participating in the BP group buy. Like Pilgrim, I'm waiting on a Brown Bess.

I had a great time. I ran into Lens and spent a good amount of time talking with the guys running the Hopkinton Sportsman's Club table as I shoot with most of them. I did see C-Pher off in the distance, but he was pretty deep in conversation at the time.

I was a little torn walking through the show. Early on I ran into a guy selling a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 mag for $295. I have no need for this gun, but for some reason the price seemed right and I spent the whole show wanting it. In the end I didn't buy it and now I'm thinking that was a big mistake. Oh well.

To top it off, I just got home from shopping for a new TV with the wife. Seeing those prices, I'm glad I didn't spend the money.

After two-plus years of NES membership, I finally met Derek. Did not have much chance to talk but was happy to say hello. Did a transaction with another famous NESer, Fred! What a great guy! Funny and sincere. Also saw 1776, chatted with C-pher about a certain member event going on, and met Ripach. I also met EddieCoyle's uncle again (sold him a firearm last year) and L'dMAO while waiting in line with him to get inside. Wish I knew who else was there so that we could meet in person. Maybe I'll make it someday to one of the famous NES shoots...
As for the show, eh, I bought a couple of the nice ammo boxes (would have bought more but could not carry them the fifteen miles back to the truck where I had to park) and a couple of hats for my sons. No real bargains to be seen. Was hoping for some reloading equipment (still need new case cleaner) and some AR build parts for a build (or three) I have planned in the near future. I did join GOAL which, in addition to meeting with a few NES guys and my deal with Fred, made it worth the hour drive for me to the show.

I'm planning on going early in the morning. Hope to get there for 9 a.m. Anyone going to be there. Hope you all didn't clean out the place. Might be looking to buy an AK. Looking for an all black WASR-10 and maybe a holster for my M&P 340.

There seemed to be a lot of wasr's/ak's there...

I'm planning on going early in the morning. Hope to get there for 9 a.m. Anyone going to be there. Hope you all didn't clean out the place. Might be looking to buy an AK. Looking for an all black WASR-10 and maybe a holster for my M&P 340.

When you first get in the show if you keep walking straight all the way to the end there is a guy against the wall selling lots of parts inlcuding black synthetic stock sets for AK types.
There were a bunch of WASRs there and some Mak 90 rifles that were overpriced.

When you first get in the show if you keep walking straight all the way to the end there is a guy against the wall selling lots of parts inlcuding black synthetic stock sets for AK types.

Just to clarify. He is on the west side of the building. If you're facing the front of the building go left when you get in. He has a ton of parts!

What's overpriced when it comes to an AK?

I thought the show was so crowded you could barely look at stuff. By the time someone moved out of the way so you could get closer to a table, someone else would weasel their way in front of you. I'm not sure whos bright idea it was to put tables alongside the big columns but it made trying to get by a pain in the ass.
Lots of high prices, even some accessories I thought about getting were more expensive than if I ordered them online and paid shipping.[thinking] I didn't see one single gun that was priced good enough to make me want it.
All in all not so good of a gun show IMO. Only thing I bought was an AR book so I can figure out how to put my NES stripped receiver together when it gets here and I picked up a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 from the NY guys at $175 which was pretty good. I also renewed my GOAL membership (thanks Angela & Derek).
I saw a few NESrs a talked for a while but because of the crowds couldn't find others I knew were there like Fred and Cpher.

+1 about the high prices and I saw a few non compliant AR 15s and the some of the dealers were none to friendly. On the plus side I ran into a couple of NES members.

IMO anything over 300 for a used ak is rediculous. Only decent deal I saw was a 10/22 for $130 used. Everthing else as far as firearms go was about $200 overpriced. Got a good deal on a surefire light and a ka-bar knife. Where does somebody get off selling a pre ban bushy for 1500?? That is ludicrious. I bought one a month ago for 1000 and it was in much better shape than anything i saw there. Such is life i guess. Good time otherwise. Nice to be around gun nuts for a whole day!

AK????

3 to 4 is fine for a new AK even 5 depending on the make. I would never buy used unless it is a collectors item or something. Remember people will rip you off with their used junk IMO

3 to 4 is fine for a new AK even 5 depending on the make. I would never buy used unless it is a collectors item or something. Remember people will rip you off with their used junk IMO

Not to drift off topic but were talking about AK types. Buying one is like buying a used Toyota, it'll still run for a long time no matter how many miles are on it.[laugh]

As a NYS resident can I buy anything in Mass?
No handguns for sure (although you could have it shipped to your FFL, I guess), no ammo or ammo components of any kind. I don't know about rifles.
IMO anything over 300 for a used ak is rediculous. Only decent deal I saw was a 10/22 for $130 used.
You don't happen to remember the vendor, do you?

No handguns for sure (although you could have it shipped to your FFL, I guess), no ammo or ammo components of any kind. I don't know about rifles.

You don't happen to remember the vendor, do you?

If it were a C&R handgun and he had a C&R license could he get it? If he doesn't have a MA non-ressie is he covered by FOPA to bring it home?

I bought the SAR-1 from for $325 from they guy against the wall to the right. Hes from Taugwank Spur Corp then there is another dealer with him from Auto-Sport Distributors out of Agawam Ma.

The thing still had cosmoline inside the receiver. He wanted $350 for it but told him all I had was $325.

They guy from Auto-Sport told me the SAR basically just sat in a safe, because I was wondering why there was no wear on the bolt or underside.

Did anyone see this big "sign" that said don't bring in CCW or what? I would still like to know what the process is if I can carry. I want to bring my M&P340 in my pocket unloaded w/ a speed loader in the other pocket, can this be done or do I have to jump through hoops. If I have to walk as far as everyone says back to my car with an AK that I have no ammo for I'd like to know that I have a little something in my pocket just in case. I plan on leaving in about a half hour to go the show.

Did anyone see this big "sign" that said don't bring in CCW or what? I would still like to know what the process is if I can carry. I want to bring my M&P340 in my pocket unloaded w/ a speed loader in the other pocket, can this be done or do I have to jump through hoops. If I have to walk as far as everyone says back to my car with an AK that I have no ammo for I'd like to know that I have a little something in my pocket just in case. I plan on leaving in about a half hour to go the show.

You check it at the door and there's a cop standing there. They give it back when you leave.

Back
Top Bottom