Marlboro - Sept 22nd and 23rd.

This by far is one of my favorite shows. And as before, I'll be working this one.

So, if you're going, don't forget to stop by and say HI!

Is this the Mass show ??? If so I really want to go, I've heard real good things about this show.

We should all wear are badges that we got at the S&W Tour so we will know who we are [smile] [smile] [smile].

yeap it's easy because I live in Northborough.
and I will make sure the BEEF JERKY guy gets
my donation [smile] he has GOOD STUFF for sale.

It sounds like a meeting of the Board. Lunch time drinks and stories of triumph. I'll see if I can get Jim C out of the house on Saturday.
He always counts his toys and ammo on Saturday mornings.

I'd love to stay and teach you guys how to drink.
Unfortunately I usually head up to these shows with my Dad because he has guns on consignment sale through one of the reg dealers and we're there early and gone before 11am.
I am however not above a few shots before then.[smile] Being a mix of mostly Apache Indian and Irish I'd leave half of you puking and wandering if I stayed all day.

im new to NES, never been to a gun show. i might check this one out. do you have to join or is it open to the public?

james

You're picking a good one to be your first. Its not much to get in, $8 I think and all you need to do is show up. Its not an NES member's event or anything, just a Massachusetts gun show.

I'm hoping to go on Sunday, but it all depends on what time we're taking a friend out to dinner for his birthday. If that's too early, I won't be able to go.

BTW, I got a postcard fro $1.00 off admission in the mail today.

Gary

im new to NES, never been to a gun show. i might check this one out. do you have to join or is it open to the public?

james

Sorry, but your question has me puzzled.

Gun shows are open to the public. All you need is the cost of attending to get in (plus parking fee at the Big E for those that occur in W. Springfield).

Be aware that MGLs do not permit ANYONE who isn't a resident of MA to purchase mags/ammo/guns in MA. However, I've never been asked for any ID of any sort when buying mags or ammo at any gun show in MA. The deal on buying guns however is such that you won't be able to purchase in MA.

And . . . welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy it here.

Are there typically good deals at these shows? Never been to one, looking to buy a rifle of some sort, maybe a .22 or something just to shoot for fun, little strapped for cash, got about $175. I'll be there on saturday I'm looking forward to it!

Still undecided with Saturday or Sunday due to work obligations well see which one I can squeeze in.

Are there typically good deals at these shows? Never been to one, looking to buy a rifle of some sort, maybe a .22 or something just to shoot for fun, little strapped for cash, got about $175. I'll be there on saturday I'm looking forward to it!

It all depends on what you are looking for. Some dealers jack up there prices so that they can offer "specials" at shows. Others actually have some pretty good bargains. You should have a good idea what you are looking for and what the market for it is before you buy.

One place that I have had good luck with, as have others, is Tombstone Trading. They are at just about every show and have a good selection. They also will negotiate on price, which some dealers won't do.

My suggestion would be don't buy anything expensive the first time you go. Get a feel for what goes on and then the next time you'll be in a better position.

Gary

Come by and see me. I'm at the Powder Keg Table. We usually have some good deals on .22s. And if we don't have one at the show....we can talk to Greg, the owner and if you wanted to come back on Sunday, we'll bring one that he might have at the shop.

But, I usually find a lot of good deals on .22s at the show. MS4M, who's the guy that usually has a table full of .22s all under 100 bucks?

Anyway, just be in the mood to haggle. As was said, some people mark up the guns just to drop the price in haggling, but hoping to make the extra up for people that don't.

So what are the rules about bringing in a gun for trade? I have never brought a piece to trade so I don't know what im supposed to do

To bring a gun into the show for any reason:

- They will ask you to unload it and they will keep the ammo/mags (if loaded) until you leave the show.

- They will ty-rap the gun so that it's obvious that it is unloaded.

If you try to trade a gun at a dealer's table, don't expect any more than 50% of actual value. That is the "standard" in this business when a dealer buys a gun. You do much better selling privately or putting it on consignment in a shop like Four Seasons (I think their fee is 18% IIRC). Then take you money and buy what you'd like.

My Lt. brought a rare Win 1894 to one of the Marlboro shows to get an idea of value. One dealer offered him an "even swap for a single shot shotgun" for his Son and made it sound like a favor. Another offered him $800 for it and he finally got a dealer to tell him that it was worth probably ~$3500 if he sold it privately. He didn't sell it!

Come by and see me. I'm at the Powder Keg Table. We usually have some good deals on .22s. And if we don't have one at the show....we can talk to Greg, the owner and if you wanted to come back on Sunday, we'll bring one that he might have at the shop.

But, I usually find a lot of good deals on .22s at the show. MS4M, who's the guy that usually has a table full of .22s all under 100 bucks?

Anyway, just be in the mood to haggle. As was said, some people mark up the guns just to drop the price in haggling, but hoping to make the extra up for people that don't.

Will do, I'll be in on saturday at least. Don't know if I could do sunday as well, but who knows...

Bringing a gun to a gun show is like bringing sand to the the beach [smile]

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom