Marlborough Gun show this month

I waited in line when the place first opened and when we left at 11:30, there was still a line. Ammo prices OK. At least they are not insane. Some of the guns were priced decently as well. Got some ammo, some S&W j-frame grips and a carbine magazine. Not a bad way to kill a few hours.

prices were high on most stuff! best deal was 1000rd tulammo 223 or 762x39 for $260. same vendor had 5000rd 22lr for $600![shocked] there are deals to be had. but way too many people. had alot of trouble getting up close to see good on alot of stuff! very very crowded! got some targets, cleaner, shirts, and signs! was kinda cool though, nostalgia and all.

Most stuff overpriced. Kicking myself for not buying a beautiful M48 Mauser in mint condition for $285. I hesitated and someone else grabbed it. [crying] I was looking for a shield but not at those prices.

Some stag arms for 600 (didn't see a model number so those might have been ok). Used (crusty) ones the lowest price was 550.

Line was a bit long this AM, but it moved fairly quickly. I got to chat with Mark Fisher (Mass Gov. Candidate) for a short bit while standing in line, seems like good people. I also ran into 30Mauser and his wife s well as DrGrant. I bought a hat, a spare mag, and some jerky. I overpaid slightly for the mag, but he had them in stock. Hat was fairly priced and the jerky was worth every penny.

There were some deals to be had. I saw a couple rifles that I could put to use, as well as some harder to find guns for not quite so FU price. Most ammo was silly priced. I would have bought at least one rifle and pistol along with some t-shirts if I wasn't in the process of buying an action shooting gun. The Glock armorer guy was fun to talk too, I hung around for the entertainment before making my purchase.

Last edited:
I was asked to show my ID to buy snap caps for my .22LR. When they saw the puzzled look on my face 3 of them said they were told they needed to check ID when selling even fake bullets. I forgot the name of the table but they were the second to last row on the left, first table.

Other than that I enjoyed some nice sausage and jerky.

I was asked to show my ID to buy snap caps for my .22LR. When they saw the puzzled look on my face 3 of them said they were told they needed to check ID when selling even fake bullets. I forgot the name of the table but they were the second to last row on the left, first table.

NES Rule 11: Never ask a gun dealer about gun law.
Corollary: most of them don't KNOW the law. Even thought they should.

Still. **** that. What are they doing, giving away guns?

The line actually moved pretty quickly. I lined up at 915 and was in by 930

Went looking for some lpks but they were 20-30 bucks above retail. Picked up a few items and a g19 preban for 20. Guy at the next table listed his at 50. Also picked up a set ofjp reduced weight springs for 11 bucks. Wish I had bought another. Can feel the difference.

Last edited:
I went an hour late, got there at 10 and the parking was retarded. Ended up in the 3rd lot up the street. The show was more packed than any show I've been too in a while. Everyone must have had cabin fever. Prices and assortment were average I thought, and of course you had the usual people standing in the middle of the aisle trying to decide if they can afford something or calculating the price per round if they buy ammo by the case.

I talked to a bunch of people, bought jerky, and scored some decent ammo deals at Raynham Walmart on the way home.

There were two Colt Pythons, one was incredible clean and seemed to be priced reasonably at 2100. (compared with gun broker and here) The summer sausage and jerky were really good, I bought a little of each, I tried to act cool when it rang up for $37! I bought a couple of really nice target stands, some Uzi mags for my Tavor, a model 12 barrel in 16 gauge for $20 and a 508 holster. Its about 100 degrees in there once you get in, dress appropriately.

Last edited:
First time at Marlboro. Lots of great C&R items. Picked up an excellent arisaka bayonet and a couple of small trinkets. People were actually willing to talk on price. Good day...

Back
Top Bottom