• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliance Question

Hey guys, lol sorry bit of a newbie question here, but would i be breaking any law if i had a non mass compliant gun ordered online from out of state and shipped to an ffl here for the transfer?

Hey guys, lol sorry bit of a newbie question here, but would i be breaking any law if i had a non mass compliant gun ordered online from out of state and shipped to an ffl here for the transfer?
No. The "compliance" list applies to dealers.

As others have/will say, make sure the FFL will do the transfer first. Many won't transfer off-list guns.

There's edge cases like AR pistols and so on; the above applies to run-of-the-mill pistols and whatnot.

In MA it is always best practice to check with the local FFL you intend to use when purchasing a gun from an out of state vendor. Different FFLs will interpret the convoluted MA laws in different ways. You always want to make sure that your FFL is willing to transfer the specific gun to you.

The only MA law that effects what gun you as an individual can own is the AWB, everything else is directed at FFLs.

In MA it is always best practice to check with the local FFL you intend to use when purchasing a gun from an out of state vendor. Different FFLs will interpret the convoluted MA laws in different ways. You always want to make sure that your FFL is willing to transfer the specific gun to you.

The only MA law that effects what gun you as an individual can own is the AWB, everything else is directed at FFLs.
Makes complete sense, thanks a lot for the reply brother

Depends on what type of “compliant” you are talking about. Some, yes, some very very “NO”

You have more money than us (you like to think)and consider yourself smarter anyway so I wish you luck. LOL. Brother, etc.

If your looking for a Glock I hear Tombstone Tactical sells them fully assembled. (No need to get one online....they get them from the local police dept - gen 5's) They do charge $130 for the transfer but that covers all the paper work and registration. If you get in trouble with the PoPo no worries they,ll be happy to hold it and sell it back to you again!!

Last edited:
Which law is being broken by ordering a non compliant firearm?
Given the type of posts, and my perception of the OP I am assuming there is not likely a high degree of understanding between “compliance” as in the approved roster and awb compliance. At no point was it stated that this was specifically regarding handguns and the roster, which is why I answered the way I did

Chances are, you broke at least three laws yesterday. Just come out say what you want to buy.

Vague questions are stupid, and waste everybody's time.

Which law is being broken by ordering a non compliant firearm?
There are four types of non-compliant:
  1. Not on one of the EOPS handgun rosters (crime for dealer to sell)
  2. Not on the AG's non-list (act of consumer fraud for the dealer to sell)
  3. Not compliant with the MA AW and not pre-ban
  4. Not compliant with the AG's edict (claimed to be a crime by the AG, not tested in court)

Back
Top Bottom