• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliance Question

Makes complete sense, thanks a lot for the reply brother
There are four types of non-compliant:
  1. Not on one of the EOPS handgun rosters (crime for dealer to sell)
  2. Not on the AG's non-list (act of consumer fraud for the dealer to sell)
  3. Not compliant with the MA AW and not pre-ban
  4. Not compliant with the AG's edict (claimed to be a crime by the AG, not tested in court)
#1 and #2 and #4 are nothing burgers to a BUYER........and confuse a lot of buyers and newbies by the term non-compliant. #4 is especially gay because there is no written law to cover it and the theory is if it does go to court it would be tossed because you can't charge someone with breaking verbal mouth garbage, that has not gone thru the correct constitutional process of becoming a law.

That said, its had its intended effect, as threats from government to people who generally are law abiding try and comply. Id say a good 95 percent of dealers comply with it. And as the term pre-healy came from it……a lot of pantsshitting was and still is being done over it.

#3 is the only thing rational to even care about, the AWB, and post ban standard capacity mags and has written law to back it up making possession of them by the BUYER (if not an LEO) a felony. Though its very rarely if ever been used in a straight gun purchase/transfer that I know of. But technically could be backttracked thru either the Federal database if so desired. It could also be backtracked thru FA-10 if dealer uses that system at point of sale.

We all know how much of a shit show that FA-10 database is though, and if the legitimacy of transactions and what people own are challenged on it (guns never disposed of properly, we still own every gun we bought that we have traded to a dealer outside of the state) ......it would be laughed out of court.

Last edited:
Hey guys, lol sorry bit of a newbie question here, but would i be breaking any law if i had a non mass compliant gun ordered online from out of state and shipped to an ffl here for the transfer?
Ordering is legal but what is illegal is for the FFL to transfer it to you if they are unable to make it compliant.
What is most likely to happen is that the seller won't ship the gun in the first place.

Ordering is legal but what is illegal is for the FFL to transfer it to you if they are unable to make it compliant.
What is most likely to happen is that the seller won't ship the gun in the first place.
Dont count on that. Plenty of sellers will ship to MA then charge you restocking fees later. Its in their disclaimer when you buy the gun to make sure its legal in your state.

Check with your dealer first before buying always if you dont know what the dealer accepts.

Compliancy issue is a dealer thing, for the most part, there is no “unable to make it compliant bs”. They either accept it and transfer it or dont.

As stated before buyer just needs to be aware of AWB and magazine restrictions as there are regulations in place that could legally affect them.

Last edited:
There are four types of non-compliant:
  1. Not on one of the EOPS handgun rosters (crime for dealer to sell)
  2. Not on the AG's non-list (act of consumer fraud for the dealer to sell)
  3. Not compliant with the MA AW and not pre-ban
  4. Not compliant with the AG's edict (claimed to be a crime by the AG, not tested in court)
understood, which one is illegal for our new pal? in the scenario described.

understood, which one is illegal for our new pal? in the scenario described.
#3 and maybe #4 which has not been tested in the courts. #1 and #2 are offenses that can only be committed by a MA licensed dealer.

I doubt even our AG would attempt to prosecute someone for committing an unfair and deceptive trade practice against one's self.

The FFL I use says to send the info to them first and they will either yay or nay it. You don't want to be stuck with a charge for a gun that an ffl won't accept it. ...
(Belatedly opining...)

The last I read on NES,
the costly risk isn't getting charged
to ship an unbuyable gun back to the out-of-state source.

The costly risk is pissing off your FFL with all the hassle of sending it back.

If you're a real dolt, the FFL will drop the banhammer,
and you can't use him again -
not even for Over The Counter sales and service.

Hey guys, lol sorry bit of a newbie question here, but would i be breaking any law if i had a non mass compliant gun ordered online from out of state and shipped to an ffl here for the transfer?
You continue to be not too sharp. You have been around a few weeks now, so you should know what you don’t know.

Wake up and smell the coffee hotshot.

Thanks

You continue to be not too sharp. You have been around a few weeks now, so you should know what you don’t know.

Wake up and smell the coffee hotshot.

Thanks
Why dont you give me ur personal info and see if you will still say that statement to my face if ur a real man and not a coward hiding behind ur screen talkin all that shit ;)

Why dont you give me ur personal info and see if you will still say that statement to my face if ur a real man and not a coward hiding behind ur screen talkin all that shit ;)
How's he supposed to give you his personal information if you're banned for multiple posting and spam? Making passing statements at somebody who is telling you that you aren't catching on isn't something worthy of checking your man card for.
To my last post. Call shops, maybe somebody will help you. Otherwise you are going to have to do some digging. Nobody is going to outright say. Otherwise you can enjoy living in Armslist and the classifieds.

How's he supposed to give you his personal information if you're banned for multiple posting and spam? Making passing statements at somebody who is telling you that you aren't catching on isn't something worthy of checking your man card for.
To my last post. Call shops, maybe somebody will help you. Otherwise you are going to have to do some digging. Nobody is going to outright say. Otherwise you can enjoy living in Armslist and the classifieds.
If he cant give me his personal info, can you? ;)

And how does ur man card look like, this?

Attachments

• D273C686-0FB1-4610-A309-9D419BAF1116.jpeg
    D273C686-0FB1-4610-A309-9D419BAF1116.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 12
You are trolling huh. You picked a couple of the wrong people. (Not me)
🤣 There is no way all this crap is real. From a “sniper” thread, to challenging people in an incoherent thread about compliance, to trying to buy firearms from a thread from over a year ago, there’s no way this is anything other than a troll

I seriously doubt that you intended to say "I will sacrifice my LTC and become a prohibited person by taking violent action against you if you say that to my face", but that is how it could come across. This kind of "implied threat" both makes gun owners look bad and can be used against you in the future if you ever tangle with the legal system intent on doing you harm.

I seriously doubt that you intended to say "I will sacrifice my LTC and become a prohibited person by taking violent action against you if you say that to my face", but that is how it could come across. This kind of "implied threat" both makes gun owners look bad and can be used against you in the future if you ever tangle with the legal system intent on doing you harm.
Yeah, I tried warning him. He isn't catching the hint still. Which basically means troll or retard. Neither is a good look.
And how does ur man card look like, this?
My man card is too evolved for you. When you're on my plane we can have meaningful conversation. Note: I'm still giving you the benefit of the doubt of not being a troll.
Indestructible_Balloon_Meme_Maker.jpeg
Its still posted, i think ur in doubt ;)
No, you definitely posted it, deleted it, and then reposted it. I'm just making sure everybody else knows that you did.

Back
Top Bottom