Massachusetts Micro-Stamping Bill: Providing For Encoding of Ammunition!

Woo wooo i can have NON serial # ammo for my FN..5.7x28...ooops..... SSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone!

Stuff like this is entirely conceived to discourage gun owners and gun dealers. The current gun laws we have are full of gray areas and potentially confusing language. There are many instances where these gun laws don't make sense. Many gun dealers and owners alike figure it's not worth getting in trouble over. Mission Accomplished!

They sit up there and are so proud of themselves for coming up with this stuff but it is so full of stupidity. I mean shot gun shells and .22 ammo!?! Don't they have someone in the know that could at least proof read these bills. While I think some of the confusion was intentional, I think most of it was simply having little to no idea of what they are talking about.

A seller of ammunition for regulated firearms in the state shall provide the secretary for inclusion in the database: the date of each ammunition purchase; the name and date of birth of each purchaser of ammunition; the driver’s license number of the purchaser or other number issued to the purchaser by the state or federal government; the serial numbers of all ammunition for regulated firearms bought by the purchaser; and any other information that the secretary considers necessary.
Pretty scary right there.

I keep saying they should just pass a law requiring criminals to obey the law. The problem is that criminals don't obey the law, so pass a law requiring it. People say that's stupid, but it has just as much chance of reducing crime as any gun control law.
+1!!!
The funny thing is we are all very concerned about stuff like this. I think it's safe to say the criminals are not.

harrassment

Thsi is only harrassment to make it more difficult for any and all in
the DUMB state to own a firearm. There are fewer of us due to the
98 regs.

The 2nd dumbass in charge made the statement they want to further
reduce the quantity of legally owned guns in this state.

The idiots that are in office want this state to be totally firearm
free...

People are LEAVING for these and other good reasons....
I think we were the only state last year that had a net loss
of population. I intend to be one of those in the next several
years.

I am not trying to insult anyone who wants to stay here for
their own good reason, or those who want to stay and
fight for their rights, but to me its not worth it.

JimB

1) Remember, the looney anti-gun weasels ( not to make real weasels look bad! [smile] ) will always start off with something as outrageous as this first. This get us all worked up and contacting our reps. Then another weasel will come up with something not as bad as the first weasels idea and it is pushed as a compromise bill. The compromise bill will be someting along the lines of that any ammo sold in the state must have a stamping on it and will be registered to the buyer. The ammo already here will be grandfathered but we can't buy any from out of state per threat of death... you get the picture.

2) People, when you have a rep that has the gumption to come up with something like this, you have problems that run deeper than just guns. This is a person that has never had to deal with the reality that the rest of us deal with on a daily basis. This is a person that doesn't understand human nature at its basic level and that makes them dangerous. His idea is coming from that he doesn't want any guns in the People's progressive republic and sees the law-abiding gunowners as a speedbump to the true vision of what the state should be. This is a sad state of affairs and one that I don't want to remain in...

Joe R.

'disposing' of personal property under threat of gov't penalties is confiscation. I think the Feds might have something to say about the Constitutionality of that.

Unless of course Hitlery gets elected as President and sees MA as a test case...............

No sir, that 7.62x51 ammo is not for My FALs.
It's for My Winchester mod 70, my sporterized Mauser and my M1919a4. LOL

Also there are several 12 gauge shotguns on that list, are they proposing that every 12 gauge shell be numbered? Good luck with that.

An owner of ammunition for use in a regulated firearm that is not encoded by the manufacturer as provided above shall dispose of the ammunition.

dis·pose /dɪˈspoʊz/ [di-spohz] -posed, -pos·ing
–verb (used with object)
3. to put in a particular or suitable place

I would just like to say for the record that the person or persons allowing this kind of law to pass might just define the "suitable place".

If criminals can steal lawfully registered guns, what makes these fools think that they can't steal lawfully registered ammunition? It'll make it just as untracable as a stolen gun is.

And how come this law is worded with the law abiding gun owner in mind? If they'd only change is to include the gangbanger selling Lorcins and Jennings out of his trunk in Dorchester, we could put a halt to all of this crime.

I propose the "Non-Law Abiding Citizen's Illegal/Stolen Firearm Registration Act of 2007."

Last edited:
It's about making gun ownership and use cost prohibitive.
Bingo! Gun control via simple economics.

The real sad thing is I can foresee a day when the citizens of this country may have to take up arms to defend themselves from the government. I used to say "that will never happen in America" but I'm not sure I beleive that anymore. More and more we see political "leaders[rolleyes]" with total disregard for the constitution.

I propose the "Non-Law Abiding Citizen's Illegal/Stolen Firearm Registration Act of 2007."

I've got a better one "Personal Criminal Activity Log Book Act of 2007" Why limit it to firearms? Require people to log in a book all the details of their criminal activity. When a LEO arrests someone for a crime they could review his/her book to see what else to charge him/her with. I'm sure all the thugs in Boston will keep the book up to date and accurate... [rolleyes]

Civil Disobediance....

Tar.
Feathers.

Anyone know where this guy lives? I think he needs to be paid a visit. [laugh2][smile] Honestly they should not enact legislation or propose jack without consent of "the people."

Cleansing morons like this from the gene pool that only have their own next election in mind seems to be in order. Shit needs to change and quick.

I really do think that laws like this push us that much closer to actual revolt in this country. People usually do not just go off one day and decide to have a revolution - the opression builds over time until it gets to the point where a person cannot live their life without breaking the law. So living your life in the manner you have become accustomed to makes you a criminal in eyes of the government - and once you accept the fact that you will be a criminal no matter what you do to avoid - the logic of avoiding criminal actions goes out the window - and a whole new world of possibilities opens up.

This is why laws like this are so utterly stupid - the politicians are actually working for the day when they are thrown out of their jobs - one way or another.

I can sum this proposed law up with the following:
bsmeter.gif

I would just like to say for the record that the person or persons allowing this kind of law to pass might just define the "suitable place".

You knew somebody was bound to say it. I’m just surprised it hasn’t come in the form of
$100.00 to the person who….
beatin.gif

I wonder if these guys realize just what they are doing. I’m sure we all know a fellow gun owner who is legal only because he hasn’t been made a felon by a new law that attempts to relieve him of something he already owns. If they pass a law that makes these types or people felons then they basically untie the gun owners hands. The thinking is: What the hell…you’re already a felon…may as well make sure there’s no doubt about it.
gun.gif

I have been fingerprinted , taxed , registered , attended mandatory classes , checked by the FBI & State Police. My guns are registered , required to be locked , and chosen from an arbitrary "list" of guns approved by a politician who does not represent me.

I am blamed for the crimes committed by the members of society who are the goddamn exact opposite of me.

All I want from my government is to be left alone as I leave everyone else alone.

If this keeps up I will eventually be legislated into becoming a Felon in Massachusetts.

And you know what ? I , and those like me , will be very pissed off.

At some point in time, one has to decide to just say

f*** YOU! to tyrants...... and that time is oh so very near.

I have been fingerprinted , taxed , registered , attended mandatory classes , checked by the FBI & State Police. My guns are registered , required to be locked , and chosen from an arbitrary "list" of guns approved by a politician who does not represent me.

I am blamed for the crimes committed by the members of society who are the goddamn exact opposite of me.

All I want from my government is to be left alone as I leave everyone else alone.

If this keeps up I will eventually be legislated into becoming a Felon in Massachusetts.

+1,000,000 [angry]

Nearly all of the politicians in this People's Republik are simply a bunch of empty suits. Take David Linsky who has filed the following gems:

-An Act to Prevent Bulk Purchasing and Illegal Trafficking of Firearms
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/185/ht01pdf/ht01570.pdf

-An Act to Restrict the Issuance of Licenses to Carry Firearms
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/185/ht02pdf/ht02341.pdf

-An Act Protecting Children and Adults from Unsafe Handguns
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/185/ht02pdf/ht02342.pdf

-An Act to Close a Loophole in the Assault Weapons Ban and Further Reduce Gun Violence in the Commonwealth
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/185/ht02pdf/ht02343.pdf

Nope...none of this steaming pile will reduce crime! [angry]

I guess the point boils down to the fact that, if California does finally pass the microstamp bill, ALL and I mean ALL gun manufacturers need to stand up and flip off that state and thus force a constitutional showdown. This is BS and this crap has to stop somewhere. [angry]

Very well put.

So will they have coded AND non-coded ammo. I have several guns that fall into that list, that also share calibers with sporting rifles!

Have I ever mentioned that I HATE this state!
Liquefaction Boston's waiting for you!

I was thinking the same thing.[thinking] I also HATE this state!![angry]

I don't think there is a more perfect place for this quote:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

-H. L. Mencken
In fact...

If this passes, my house .7 miles over the NH border will be put up for auction on NES to the highest shooter who wants to live in NH but still be south of most of the MA border....Good luck driving anywhere without passing into nazi territory, though....

And if i was a criminal, wouldnt I be using stolen or illegally acquired ammo anyways? This seems like the new best way to frame someone for murder....just steal their gun and ammo, kill someone, and drop the gun on the ground.

"the crime was committed with YOUR serialized and tracked gun using YOUR registered and serialized ammunition...go directly to jail and do not pass go"

Last edited:
If this ever passes, Walmart will most likely stop selling ammo in MA. As it is right now, they have to jump through hoops to get licensed (the store in Sturbridge hasn't been selling ammo since February). Why would they put up with any more bull shit?

Would cause a glut of "Mass Surplus Ammo" in neighboring states where they could still legally buy it.

All we have to do is drive across the line and buy it by the railroad car.

Yeah, except that they will probably pass a law making it a felony to transport ammunition across the state line into Mas-suck-my-dick-chusetts. What then?

Back
Top Bottom