• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moms demand at Framingham staples March 5, 1030

Since this is the most recent 'mom' thread....I'll just drop this here....

1979728_592318704196509_251627384_n.jpg

Anyone there not female and/or in an MDA shirt will garner immediate attention from MDA members there to document the event as well as the media, which will be looking to further MDA's cause. They will be looking for a way to portray you as aggressive and terroristic, and they will achieve that goal even if you don't say a word. Unless a protest could by staged exclusively by female gun owners, it will serve only to make all of us look bad.

I don't work until 3, I'm in I deal with mothers who are out of touch with reality EVERY day at work. I am a former teacher and debate is my strong point, patience, calm and FACTS in a debate/discussion with these type of people drives them nuts.

Definitely go with presentable and non threatening. Not open carry and camo...

Definitely go with presentable and non threatening. Not open carry and camo...
Einstein's definition of insanity was "to do the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result".
you've done the presentable and non threatening thing time and time again. MAYBE it'd be time to try something new.

The point of showing up is not to convince the other protesters. It's to show the people that are watching on TV, or passing by, that the MDA folks are not the only people that have an opinion and are willing to state it publically.

You can't change the mind of a true Anti - they don't have any interest in facts, just feelings. It's the Nons in the audience that you're speaking to.

If you're going to go, go as a "supporter," with a few really over the top flags or posters, and make sure they can't peg you as a gun owner. Make sure you get some media attention, and then make sure your face is never attached to a pro-gun, online indexable thing.

Give them all the "support" they want.

If you're going to go, go as a "supporter," with a few really over the top flags or posters, and make sure they can't peg you as a gun owner. Make sure you get some media attention, and then make sure your face is never attached to a pro-gun, online indexable thing.

Give them all the "support" they want.

This. Signs like
"Repeal the 2nd Amendment"
"Confiscation through Legislation"
"Gun Rights are a Mental Illness"
"1 child is worth all the Rights of all Free Americans"
"I'll take Security over Liberty"
"Armed Citizens are Difficult to Oppress"
"Criminal need to be Background Checked"
"Gov't should take Lawfully Acquired Guns, not my husbands Capial Gains"

I'm sure you guys can come up with some funny ones.

Not sure what they are barking about. Other than concealed carry its not like you cam legally walk around open carry or with rifle/shotgun. These girls are a waste of good oxygen

Sent from the blind

trying to get the wife to go with a "it's better to be a rape victim then a killer" sign but she doesn't think she can hold out on punching one of them in the face for more then 5 minutes.

trying to get the wife to go with a "it's better to be a rape victim then a killer" sign but she doesn't think she can hold out on punching one of them in the face for more then 5 minutes.

Good one, or: Guns aren't necessary for Home Defense: 7 out of 8 victims survive

The point of showing up is not to convince the other protesters. It's to show the people that are watching on TV, or passing by, that the MDA folks are not the only people that have an opinion and are willing to state it publically.

You can't change the mind of a true Anti - they don't have any interest in facts, just feelings. It's the Nons in the audience that you're speaking to.
This.
Anyone there not female and/or in an MDA shirt will garner immediate attention from MDA members there to document the event as well as the media, which will be looking to further MDA's cause. They will be looking for a way to portray you as aggressive and terroristic, and they will achieve that goal even if you don't say a word. Unless a protest could by staged exclusively by female gun owners, it will serve only to make all of us look bad.
Frenchman advocates a "different tactic." Like the one that got the "sternly worded letter" from Starbucks in response to the OC events? Convincing of the public is what needs to happen here, and the reality of this particular situation is that the only effective people to do that are patient, well-spoken and dressed, and female.

Discrediting can be done by anyone, but needs to be done very subtly.
"the KKK suports MDA, Disarm the Blacks!!"

would be ane excellent sign to infiltrate with
Subtle, dude...real subtle. It'll work great if you want to royally f*ck up the whole point of "infiltration."

My guess is the grammar error in your suggestion that completely changes the meaning of what you would be intending to say would out her as someone there in protest of MDA's message. That also happens to be exactly the kind of thing for which the documenter(s) for MDA and the media would be looking to use to ridicule gun owners. _Then_ and _than_ have different meanings.

This. Signs like
"Repeal the 2nd Amendment"
"Confiscation through Legislation"
"Gun Rights are a Mental Illness"
"1 child is worth all the Rights of all Free Americans"
"I'll take Security over Liberty"
"Gov't should take Lawfully Acquired Guns, not my husbands Capial Gains"

I'm sure you guys can come up with some funny ones.
Although I do not support this tactic at all, the following would get you flagged immediately:
"Gov't should take Lawfully Acquired Guns, not my husbands Capi[t]al Gains"

Gun prohibitionists believe the legal private ownership of firearms is synonymous with / equivalent to child murder. They also believe in the effectiveness of prohibitions as they relate to their cause, a huge disconnect on the left since it is generally acknowledged that prohibitions of alcohol and certain Schedule I drugs did not work. So those would be two themes to keep in mind.

From what I just read, it looks like they plan on 'walking' some petition into the corporate HQ on the 4th. Looks like they have almost 12,000 of the 15,000 signatures that they want. [thinking]

Gun prohibitionists believe the legal private ownership of firearms is synonymous with / equivalent to child murder. They also believe in the effectiveness of prohibitions as they relate to their cause, a huge disconnect on the left since it is generally acknowledged that prohibitions of alcohol and certain Schedule I drugs did not work. So those would be two themes to keep in mind.

Though most of these leftists support pro choice on abortion. Now I don't care either way, people can do what they want. But correct me if I'm wrong, is that not child murder? Just because they weren't entirely tangible at the time of abortion does it not make them a child?
There has to be more abortions done than children getting murdered by guns

All a couple of folks have to do complain to the store manager about their egress has been impeded, And they will be told to leave as they are causing a problem. This doesn't matter if it is true or not, Just use the same tactics they do.

I swung by at lunch. It's easy to do. The walkway is skinny... like 2 shopping carts wide. They'll probably end up left of the door, blocking the handicap ramp.

IMG_20140302_121949_781_zpsfe272ba9.jpg

I swung by at lunch. It's easy to do. The walkway is skinny... like 2 shopping carts wide. They'll probably end up left of the door, blocking the handicap ramp.

IMG_20140302_121949_781_zpsfe272ba9.jpg

Is that their HQ?

GUNS AND CRAYONS DON’T MIX: In the wake of a negligent shooting involving a two-year-old inside a North Carolina Staples store, our moms visited Staples and asked the management to prohibit firearms inside their stores. "As moms, we believe retailers have the responsibility to put customer safety first," said Moms Demand Action spokesperson Sarah Sydney: http : //ow.ly/u3TzK

On March 4th, our moms will be walking this petition in to the Staples corporate office. Please SIGN and SHARE our petition asking Staples to go gun-free:http : //bit.ly/1lXsiGn

Last edited:
Is that their HQ?

No. It's the Framingham retail store. When I worked there 15 years ago, it was their flagship store since the corporate HQ is down the road by a couple miles. All store layouts were designed there, most commercials shot there, the CEO was in there a lot, and foreign investors would come through as well.

ETA: If they just go to the corporate office on Staples Drive in Framingham, that would just be boring. I wouldn't stop them from making asses of themselves there. But considering they've been trying to strong arm store managers individually into going "gun free", I thought they were targeting the store first. A store manager would cave before the corporate office would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom