• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moms demand at Framingham staples March 5, 1030

Another thought - Does Staple support any kind of charities that we can round up a collection and donate to? In the name of "We like staples just the way it is" or something.

ETA: If they just go to the corporate office on Staples Drive in Framingham, that would just be boring. I wouldn't stop them from making asses of themselves there. But considering they've been trying to strong arm store managers individually into going "gun free", I thought they were targeting the store first. A store manager would cave before the corporate office would.

The quote that I posted came from their main FB page. They also have it on the Ma page. Haven't seen anything about going to the store itself....but who knows with them.

The odd thing is that on their main page, someone must be asleep at the wheel...there's actually some 'semi'-pro gun stuff in the comments that haven't been deleted (yet). On the Ma. page, there is zero comments...wonder how many have been deleted on that one though. [thinking]

Last edited:
Show up with some extremist signs and totally mind F' em. "Blacks must be disarmed" "hitler was right about some things" "Execute all gun owners" Fun stuff like that. Shifts their mission to trying to figure out whats going on and anyone driving by leaves with the impression they are totally insane.

This would be epic

No. It's the Framingham retail store. When I worked there 15 years ago, it was their flagship store since the corporate HQ is down the road by a couple miles. All store layouts were designed there, most commercials shot there, the CEO was in there a lot, and foreign investors would come through as well.

ETA: If they just go to the corporate office on Staples Drive in Framingham, that would just be boring. I wouldn't stop them from making asses of themselves there. But considering they've been trying to strong arm store managers individually into going "gun free", I thought they were targeting the store first. A store manager would cave before the corporate office would.

I worked for Staples in the corporate office. Yeah, that would not attract very much attention, so let them do it. The corporate office id a large building right next to the mass pike in framingham, it's very isolated and it's a security building that you can't just walk into. When I was there you could walk into the front reception area but there are only a few reception people there and it's very quiet. The offices are all well away from that area.

The Framingham store as you've said has a terrible parking lot. It's at the end of the lot past Trader Joes and it's a PITA to get in and out of when it's busy (or trader joes is busy). It is also off Rt 9 a decent amount and any protest would not get seen by passers by. Also at the time they want to do this, there won't be many people at either location, those are quiet times.

Let them waste their time, they do crap like this then go on twitter and facebook to pat themselves on the back as if they accomplished a thing. Follow some of them on twitter and you'll see how insane they are. They are not even a speck of dust on the planet yet they think they are very powerful. Clowns.

I heard a rumor that prince charles is sniffing around Staples in Framingham...

This would be epic
Again, this would only be epic in terms of its effectiveness in making gun owners look bad.

MDA doesn't need much help making themselves look bad. If you want to help them look bad, you need to be smart enough to push up to the line but not cross it. Unfortunately, more have the passion to make the trip than possess the finesse and understanding to know when to quit.

All a couple of folks have to do complain to the store manager about their egress has been impeded, And they will be told to leave as they are causing a problem. This doesn't matter if it is true or not, Just use the same tactics they do.
This would be much, much more effective.

I swung by at lunch. It's easy to do. The walkway is skinny... like 2 shopping carts wide. They'll probably end up left of the door, blocking the handicap ramp.

IMG_20140302_121949_781_zpsfe272ba9.jpg
[/Q
WIde enough for one!

UOTE]

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20140304/NEWS/140309062

By Danielle Ameden
Daily News Staff

Posted Mar. 4, 2014 @ 12:01 am

FRAMINGHAM - After a North Carolina woman accidentally shot herself in the hand while shopping at Staples with her 2-year-old son last summer, moms across the country are now demanding that the Framingham-based office supplies chain ban guns from its stores.​
The advocacy group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is set to deliver a petition to the company's headquarters this morning with more than 12,000 signatures.​
Ann Krantz, communications lead for the group's Massachusetts chapter, said women from all over the country signed on after the North Carolina shooting.

.... [more in the link]​

You know, I Just heard they started this petition last year. For such a large group, it took them quite a long time to get those signatures. I'd go there today, as it was my plan, just to take pictures, but my nephew Judy flew in from the west coast, and is leaving for Afghanistan in 2 weeks, so I've more important things to do than speak with morons

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Did anybody else notice GraniteGrok had a posting+demotivator about this up early this morning, which has since vanished?

I also like the Moms subtly racist print ads (posters). These Moms have got the dog whistle down to a science.

Worcester.com said:
The group plans to present the signatures to the Staples Corporate Headquarters in Framingham at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday.

He's right, It's at the corporate hq in Framingham
Well that's silly, the only people who will be inconvenienced are the Staples employees.

After a stop by the store, I went over to the Staples corporate HQ. I drove by and noticed a small group no where near the HQ building. I drove up to the corporate building and saw no one there. When I came back near the entrance, I saw that the small group was actually the moms demanding action. There were 8 women 1 small child and one man who was definitely the leader and directing everything. I parked across the street from them and ten they proceeded to cross the street to stand by a sign that said Staples Corporate HQ. The guy took a few pictures of the moms near the sign. Since they were standing right by me in my truck, the guy came up to ask me a few questions. He asked if I was security - no. Then if I was with the press - no. He then asked if I was just someone taking pictures of his group - yes. The guy then went to the back of my truck and entered something into his phone (my license plate number maybe). He then took a picture of the group with his phone and made sure to get me and my truck in the picture. I made sure to smile. When it looked like they were leaving, I pulled across the street. I was parked behind the guys car and he again came up to me. He asked if I was with GOAL - no. They asked, "you're just a private citizen taking pictures of our group?" I said, yes. The group was dispersing, so I left. They did not get with in a half mile of the corporate HQ building. There was some media there, but no one from the 4 major networks. One van had something like "Nocevision" on it. They were there for maybe 2 minutes.

IMG_2055[1].jpg IMG_2057[1].jpg

A There were 8 women 1 small child and one man who was definitely the leader and directing everything.
the guy came up to ask me a few questions. He asked if I was security - no. Then if I was with the press - no. He then asked if I was just someone taking pictures of his group - yes.

Great report, thank you! That guy looks somewhat like one of the clergy-type-people organizing a Linsky talk in Sherborn who confronted me about recording the proceedings.

8 "moms" led by a Man, no doubt one of Bloomberg's cronies. It doesn't get much more precious than that.

Back
Top Bottom