N/D Of The Week

So he got crushed in Mario Kart, then offed his roomie. Classic.

I think it's more likely this is murder masquerading as an accident.

So he got crushed in Mario Kart, then offed his roomie. Classic.

I think it's more likely this is murder masquerading as an accident.
This is America though..... a statistically significant # of people here are that f***ing stupid, so it could be a toss up...

Tilton moron

Girl, 6, injured by debris from bullet after father's gun accidentally discharges in Tilton

TILTON, N.H. —
A 6-year-old girl in Tilton is in stable condition after police said she was injured when her father's firearm accidentally discharged.

Just before 5 p.m. on Saturday, Tilton Police and Fire Departments responded to a call on West Main Street, regarding a child potentially injured following an accidental gun discharged in a home, according to Tilton police chief Abraham Gilman.

Gilman said the girl's father was in the process of bringing his gun out to clean, when the firearm accidentally discharged. The bullet went through a chair, and the debris from the piece of furniture then hit the girl, injuring her lower leg.

She was not hit by the bullet.

She was taken to Concord Hospital in Franklin, where police said she is recovering. The girl's mother, and the couple's other children, were also home at the time of the incident, according to police.

“Empty guns don’t go off in homes, you need to make sure your weapons are safe at all times," Capt. Timothy Ames at the Tilton Fire Department said.

At this time, an investigation into this incident is ongoing, according to Gilman.

Tilton moron

Girl, 6, injured by debris from bullet after father's gun accidentally discharges in Tilton

TILTON, N.H. —
A 6-year-old girl in Tilton is in stable condition after police said she was injured when her father's firearm accidentally discharged.

Just before 5 p.m. on Saturday, Tilton Police and Fire Departments responded to a call on West Main Street, regarding a child potentially injured following an accidental gun discharged in a home, according to Tilton police chief Abraham Gilman.

Gilman said the girl's father was in the process of bringing his gun out to clean, when the firearm accidentally discharged. The bullet went through a chair, and the debris from the piece of furniture then hit the girl, injuring her lower leg.

She was taken to Concord Hospital in Franklin, where police said she is recovering. The girl's mother, and the couple's other children, were also home at the time of the incident, according to police.

“Empty guns don’t go off in homes, you need to make sure your weapons are safe at all times," Capt. Timothy Ames at the Tilton Fire Department said.

At this time, an investigation into this incident is ongoing, according to Gilman.
Well now, an empty gun is no good when you need it, is it ?

Tilton moron

TILTON, N.H. —

“Accident”

sorry folks - that’s negligence.

i just cleaned four pistols. Unloaded two of them first, (the other two were already empty); verified that each one was empty before I broke it down to clean.

you’ve got to pay attention- all the time.

I don't think I'm going to figure this out anytime soon. Never came close to discharging a firearm while "bringing it out" of anything for anything. Have to unload fairly frequently in the home, whenever taking down a carry gun or readying a home defense gun to take it to the range. The semi-auto takedown sequencing error I kind of get, but it's pretty damned simple to get into the habit of racking the slide 3 times instead of just once when unloading. Hard to ignore tossing three rounds in succession when you were expecting to eject only one.

I don't think I'm going to figure this out anytime soon. Never came close to discharging a firearm while "bringing it out" of anything for anything. Have to unload fairly frequently in the home, whenever taking down a carry gun or readying a home defense gun to take it to the range. The semi-auto takedown sequencing error I kind of get, but it's pretty damned simple to get into the habit of racking the slide 3 times instead of just once when unloading. Hard to ignore tossing three rounds in succession when you were expecting to eject only one.

$10 says this incident had nothing to do with cleaning a gun or even unloading it.... but was just some guy f***ing around with a gun.

Several people have told me their real life ND stories in person. ZERO of them involved cleaning a gun. All of them involved f***ing around with the gun like a moron. Probably not a coincidence lol.

$10 says this incident had nothing to do with cleaning a gun or even unloading it.... but was just some guy f***ing around with a gun.

Several people have told me their real life ND stories in person. ZERO of them involved cleaning a gun. All of them involved f***ing around with the gun like a moron. Probably not a coincidence lol.
THIS is exactly my thoughts on this whole issue. "Cleaning" is just the fall guy ... I can see that if you shoot and hunt enough, one day you will forget to clear your firearm (I did it once back in the 80's) but the thing is, they don't go off by themselves, so as long as you still follow the rules, there won't be a negligent discharge ... you might feel like a first class idiot when you safety check it before breaking it down for cleaning and a live round comes flying out ... but it won't hurt anything but your pride.

CC

The story from Tilton, NH reminded me of an incident. Back in 1976, a co-worker bought a replica flintlock dueling pistol. A few weeks later he confided to me that he had a friend over and loaded the pistol in his bedroom, intending to take it outside and shoot it. His friend was holding it and "it went off" putting a .44 cal hole in a chair leg. No other injuries thankfully.

"The men are the eighth and ninth people shot on the Near North Side this year. By comparison, there were 29 shooting victims on the Near North Side at this point last year....."

That there is some impressive analytical journalism.

"The men are the eighth and ninth people shot on the Near North Side this year. By comparison, there were 29 shooting victims on the Near North Side at this point last year....."

That there is some impressive analytical journalism.
Let me just correct that article.
"
CHICAGO — An off-duty Michigan police officer shot himself in the hand and injured also shot another person while handling finger-fing his firearm in a River North hotel room on Saturday afternoon. Chicago police initially said the out-of-town officer was in custody with charges pending. But the department later said he is not in custody and the case is considered accidental Since he is a member of the protected class.

The 23-year-old was handling finger-fing his weapon inside a 12th-floor room at the Hotel Chicago, 333 North Dearborn when it he fired a round at 3:10 p.m., a police report said. The bullet struck his left hand and traveled into the stomach of a 25-year-old man unlucky SOB who was also in the room, according to CPD."

Let me just correct that article.
"
CHICAGO — An off-duty Michigan police officer shot himself in the hand and injured also shot another person while handling finger-fing his firearm in a River North hotel room on Saturday afternoon. Chicago police initially said the out-of-town officer was in custody with charges pending. But the department later said he is not in custody and the case is considered accidental Since he is a member of the protected class.

The 23-year-old was handling finger-fing his weapon inside a 12th-floor room at the Hotel Chicago, 333 North Dearborn when it he fired a round at 3:10 p.m., a police report said. The bullet struck his left hand and traveled into the stomach of a 25-year-old man unlucky SOB who was also in the room, according to CPD."
Exactly how it happened and how it should have been printed.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Nashua Police Department arrested 42-year-old Ketan Chitroda of Nashua who turned himself in on a felony arrest warrant for Reckless Conduct with a Deadly Weapon.
On June 9, 2023, officers responded to 11 Bartemus Trail for the report of a gunshot. Officers discovered a resident of one of the apartments had a bullet penetrate their wall and ceiling and landed in their kitchen. The bullet was presumed to have been fired from a neighboring apartment. During the initial contact, Chitroda denied discharging any weapons.
Detectives furthered the investigation and while on scene Chitroda informed detectives that he did discharge a firearm within his residence. After discharging the firearm, Chitroda did not contact authorities, nor did he check on his neighbors, and was later charged with Reckless Conduct with a Deadly Weapon.
Chitroda was released on personal recognizance and will be arraigned at the Hillsborough County Superior Court – South on July 27, 2023, at 1:00 PM.
The Nashua Police Department requests anyone with more information about this incident to contact the Crime Line at (603)-589-1665.
You can also follow the Nashua Police Department on Twitter @NashuaPolice

Even though 99.9% of gun owners are responsible, I always like to see that nobody else is at the range when I arrive. I generally won't go on weekends.
No, 99.9% of gun owners aren't responsible.

The next time you are at an indoor range, look up at the baffles. No matter which gun range you are at, you will see bullet impacts on the baffles.

How many of us have been muzzled by someone at a gun range? I have. There are a lot of folks who own guns but have little training. Even some who have training just aren't disciplined.

Years ago I knew a fellow who was the firearms instructor in a smaller MetroWest department. Whenever they hired a new police officer, he would take them on a tour of their police station, showing them the three locations where officers had had a negligent discharge.

Years ago I knew a fellow who was the firearms instructor in a smaller MetroWest department. Whenever they hired a new police officer, he would take them on a tour of their police station, showing them the three locations where officers had had a negligent discharge.

Back in the mid 80's, Brookline had an officer that worked the desk on the overnights. One night he was bored and started playing with his gun and he shot the phone!

Back
Top Bottom