• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for April 2008

Let me know how it goes. I've put 4 different brands of .22lr through mine and it didn't like any of them.

Zombi,

A buddy of mine has one of these and he has no problems with the .22lr ammo he uses. I'll get the manufacturer to you via a PM.

Blew out the firing pin last week...got a new one (and an extra..just in case) and while I was at it I ordered a compact, railed front handguard. Couple that with the 30 round pre-ban mag from a NES member and it suddenly looks "a little more evil" [devil]

DSCF0969.jpg

DSCF0968.jpg

My new Yugo sks that i picked up from Collectors Gallery last night. Came with pouch, sling, some rope thingy and the cleaning kit it the butt, also picked up a bag of about 20 stripper clips and 500 rounds ammo. Now I gotta clean the thing.

PictureorVideo019.jpg

PictureorVideo018.jpg

PictureorVideo014-1.jpg

PictureorVideo015-1.jpg

PictureorVideo016-1.jpg

PictureorVideo017-1.jpg

We are near the end of April, and I haven't reported anything - yet.

New to the family Kar 98a, Erfurt 1915
gross.jpg

Didn't have a holster/stock for my Brooms yet, so I had to have this one.
It's a reproduction, but nevertheless
rechts-2.jpg

links-2.jpg

Deckel.jpg

and as Brooms need to be fed, some hard-to-get ammo
FiocchiMauser.jpg

and some posters. These are pages from old magazines, and are now framed
wallhangers in mantaown downstairs
Western.jpg

BiggerGame.jpg

Adolf.jpg

Unfortunately the next batch of old iron will have to wait until the end of May[crying]

My new Yugo sks that i picked up from Collectors Gallery last night. Came with pouch, sling, some rope thingy and the cleaning kit it the butt, also picked up a bag of about 20 stripper clips and 500 rounds ammo. Now I gotta clean the thing.

The rope thingy is a pull through cleaning tool. Almost like the Bore Snake cleaners sold these days.
Don't forget to check my stickies in the surplus section on SKS info.
Great looking Elm stock there BTW.[wink]

Brand spankin' new Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt. It's as nice a gun as I've seen. Fit and finish is perfect. Action is smmooooth. Highly polished stainless. Now all I need is ammo. Been wanting a SA Colt or look alike for some time. This is it.

My first Ruger. I think it's built better than any of my s&W's.

Web%20rugernewvaqueroleft.jpg

Last edited:
Brand spankin' new Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt. It's as nice a gun as I've seen. Fit and finish is perfect. Action is smmooooth. Highly polished stainless. Now all I need is ammo. Been wanting a SA Colt or look alike for some time. This is it.

Web%20rugernewvaqueroleft.jpg

Nice, I think about getting one now and then. I challenged a friend of mine to hit a tangerine hanging up at 100 yards with his. He aimed, fired one shot and was off by an inch to the right.
[shocked]

The rope thingy is a pull through cleaning tool. Almost like the Bore Snake cleaners sold these days.
Don't forget to check my stickies in the surplus section on SKS info.
Great looking Elm stock there BTW.[wink]

yep, found those, and with the links to surpuls rifle, really helpful info, thanks.

I am slowlly collecting what I will need for my NES AR's. These are 30 rounders complete with US Mag pouches.
ARmags001.jpg

LOL, i always get a chuckle out of these....

i was always among the soldiers who complained about the M16 / M4 throughout my earlier years in the Army.....

i am new to the CCW crowd and I'm still surprised that the M16-type platform is such a hot item out here!

over the years, i've probably had and disposed of more than 100 magazines.... 30 round types!

of course, now that I know what I know... i can't dig any up! same goes for targets! had piles probably hundreds of the them!

zero targets, 50 meter pistol, 25 meter machine gun ect. ect. ect. [hmmm]

[/IMG]
Nice, Pilgrim - the one I have has been very accurate for me...hope you will like your first one!!

April was a big month...

Lots of new toys:

New LCP:

New tricked-out squirrel gun:

New silencer (got the Walther for it several months ago; it also attaches to the 10/22):

New M14-type (Polytech receiver with all SA USGI parts; I couldn't resist trading an unfired Sig 556 for it!):

Another new silencer, a Gemtech HVT:

... shown above on my LRB M25, which will be "done" when JAE ships my Gen2 stock. Here it is now in a USGI fiberglass stock and the HVT:

I guess I'll reserve this spot for my April acquisition as I wont get to pick her up for another week or two. I'll post some real pictures once I bring her home. Unfortunately, this will be my last "acquisition" for QUITE some time [laugh]

330zhp011.jpg

2005 BMW 330i ZHP Performance Package. 19,500 mi, 6 spd, Nav. Cold Weather Package, Park Distance Control, Adaptive Headlights, etc... Welcome to the poor house! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom