New Acquisitions For April 2010

Finally put the Glock I wanted into my collection

glock35.jpg

3rd Gen Glock 35, .40S&W

1.) Never fired new 1911SC and it's some sort of special edition, I'm not sure but I'll find out.
2.) New Beretta 92fs
3.) New Mossberg 500 tatical (got it late last month)
4.) The scope on top of the rifle is new, I already had the rifle
5.) Holster for the 1911SC
6.) 500 rounds of 5.56

Made my first purchase, a Sig Sauer P239. Now I just have to get to a range to shoot it!

IMG_0486-1.jpg

Just another Mauser 98

This should get delivered somewhen next week.
It's a 98 variant which was in service with the Dept. of Justice in the State of Lower Saxony. Proof marks are of 1/60 which makes me to expect it to have been assembled from FN parts by F.W. Heym.

4c53832a.jpg

This is it's Hessian brother, one out of 84 delivered to my State's Dept. of Justice in 1960, too:

Heym2.jpg

Heym3.jpg

Thanks for looking

The furniture definitely looks plum to me. Either way, I'm digging that top rail.

Me too.

If it's a plum model, he might have got their last one...the web site shows them out of stock, now.

I've been concentrating on ARs when it comes to battle rifles, but those photos have me thinking.

Last edited:
Me too.

If it's a plum model, he might have got their last one...the web site shows them out of stock, now.

I've been concentrating on ARs when it comes to battle rifles, but those photos have me thinking.

It is plum. It looks more black or more purple depending upon the light.

Picked this up at Dick's today:

Mossberg 702 Plinkster (22lr semi):
DSC00080.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

After shooting >500 rounds right out of the box with no problems other than a single stovepipe, I'm convinced that the rumors about this rifle being unreliable are complete BS based on the fact that it is a dirt cheap rifle.
The groupings were pretty good, considering I'm very out of practice. "Bill Katt" can better attest to it's accuracy. We finally ran out of ammo around 10:30PM (I love HSC and indoor ranges [smile] ).

My New (semi Used) Sig Sauer P226R .40 S&W / .357 Sig .... More pictures to follow

27089_381888998433_618078433_4026155_1663094_n.jpg

Attachments

• photo..jpg
    photo..jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I finally got my new S&W 3" Model 65-5 today and it is NIIIIICE!

As the seller accurately represented, the pistol had suffered minor pitting in several places. I am sure that is why the pistol has been polished. Since this will be a using piece, and I like my handguns shiny and pimptastic, the cosmetic flaws lowered the price to me and the polish job made it look like I like them.

The stocks are superb. I suspect they are aftermarket because they do not have the blocky contour of factory magnas. That is allright by me as I find these rounded (in cross section) aftermarket magnas not only better looking than factory, but also much nicer in the hand. My polished T Grip is also on its way and when it gets here we will have a marriage made in heaven.

Now I understand what the fuss is all about over 3" K frames. They are handy to carry and point as well as their 4" brothers. I also have to say that the 3 inch gun just looks more proportioned than the longer, more common ones.

Now I know that the esteemed company of this forum enjoys pictures, so have at it!:

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom