New Acquisitions For April 2010

DSCF2791.jpg

Actually picked up the Socom II end of march but haven't had time to take pics

Very nice, I'm jealous.

Yesterday I decided to try a set of Kim Ahrends retro boot grips that I had lying around and found that I can get a natural grip more securely and much more quickly than I could with the service grips and T grip. So this is how the 65 is going to look from now on.

This thing has become my favorite carry gun, by far.

DSC00919.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose, the grips you added also look a lot better IMHO. They look as though they will be a bit fuller in the hand as well. Nice piece though, looks sweet.

They are actually thinner in cross section, but longer and fuller in the front strap. Also, the speedloader cutout makes my RH thumb lay flatter against the side of the gun giving me a much more solid grip.

I think I'm going to shoot it this weekend a bit.

not a gun but I can now use those wheel weights I have been saving

Jim Stewart Better ShotMaker...no photo of the shotmaker.....and to tired to take one

But heres some shot I made just seeing if it worked....

WALTHER PK380, picked it up from Four Seasons. Didn't add a pic cuz I'm sure everyone's seen it by now. Only issue being, I had to drive to Cabela's in East Hartford saturday morning to get ammo for it. I took the last box of .380 target from Carl Friday morning.

This should get delivered somewhen next week.
It's a 98 variant which was in service with the Dept. of Justice in the State of Lower Saxony. Proof marks are of 1/60 which makes me to expect it to have been assembled from FN parts by F.W. Heym.
Thanks for looking

Got it and it's in better shape than promised by the pics.
Unfortunately the bolt parts are mismatched.

...and it's brother from Rhineland-Palatinate police issue:
Proofs are Belgian and of 8/56, so this confirms FN as the source for the major parts.

Stay tuned for a family photo when all of them have arrived.

e7fa00a4.jpg

67b600b6.jpg

6d5ab62e.jpg

fc95abf2.jpg

Now working on 4: The Rhine-Westphalian variant[smile]

Last edited:
Smith & Wesson M&P Model of 1905 Fourth Change, serial number 4021XX

ETA: Serial number dates from 1922, so it has the good heat treat in the cylinder.

I will probably swing by to pick it up tomorrow. I bought it through gunbroker from a shop in eastern OH.

pix269844734.jpg

pix269844687.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Acquired my first Glock, a G23....don't know why I resisted so long [thinking] this is one of the best performing and shooting .40s I've ever shot. I have its holster coming in, a Highnoon Skintight scabbard next week and plan to use it for hiking duty.

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

Pilgrim, check out the targets thread in GD. That old heater can still lay em down after 88 years.

Honestly speaking, I'd load a cylinder full of Remington +P LSWCHP or Speer +P Gold Dots in that old gun, six more in a loader, stuff it in the holster, and walk through the valley of death without a care.

Acquired a Colt 80 Series 22LR slide conversion kit for the FS 1911. I first had the firing pin safety remove so it would function on the S&W frame shown (firing pin safety location is not the same on the slides) and hopefully with other 1911 I have.

Added the Wilson extended slide stop because it worked with original mag and a couple of aftermarket mags I got for free from a resident NES magazine Pimp.

Replaced the factory Crimson Trace grips with the VZ - really adds noticable increase in the grip/bite.

Test fire with 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags - no problems, but when i tried the Anguila Super Hypervelocity, it FTF every time, I think the kit did not like the stubbed/truncated bullet head.

Online research had numerous comment/problems with leading/fouling in the floating chambers and consequent FTF. I did notice a lot of residue/lead while cleaning the barrel after and will just have to stay on top of the maintenance.

Last edited:
Got it and it's in better shape than promised by the pics.
Unfortunately the bolt parts are mismatched.

...and it's brother from Rhineland-Palatinate police issue:
Proofs are Belgian and of 8/56, so this confirms FN as the source for the major parts.

Stay tuned for a family photo when all of them have arrived.

e7fa00a4.jpg

67b600b6.jpg

6d5ab62e.jpg

fc95abf2.jpg

Now working on 4: The Rhine-Westphalian variant[smile]

I won the auction with the Rhine-Westphalian Police Carbine, so now only the Bavarian variant
and the Customs Carbine are still missing. Comes time, comes Carbine.....[smile]

ab0a85de.jpg

978fca9a.jpg

16f40507.jpg

Mossberg Mariner 500
Ruger 10/22

Both are the girlfriends, but I get to play with them more... [laugh] And they are staying with me for now.. Or at least until she wants them back.

Attachments

• DSCF3056.jpg
    DSCF3056.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF3054.jpg
    DSCF3054.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF3059.jpg
    DSCF3059.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF3060.jpg
    DSCF3060.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF3058.jpg
    DSCF3058.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 35
love that mariner, i'm not much for stainless (only stainless gun i own is my SW1911) but that is one sweet looking shotgun. good color combo. and the wood on that 10/22? that's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom