• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for August 2008

I had been looking for a 1903 and wouldn't you know it a guy at work had a 1943 Smith-Corona that he was willing to let go.............
DSC00590sm.jpg

cool ! I think you'll find that the 03a3 with that particular stock is a real shoulder bruiser. Mine sure is !

What make is this .45? Are they available in Mass?

Thanks
It's a "Home" make, and yes, they're available in Mass.

1. Buy yourself a 1911 frame. This one was an Armscor, which if I'm not mistaken is manufactured by Rock Island.
2. Buy yourself a slide. The Essex slide on this particular 1911 was purchased through Midway USA with the sights already installed.
3. Buy yourself a barrel and parts kit. Mine was from Sarco, and while a few of the parts were of questionable quality only a few needed replacement.
4. Do some homework, assemble a basic tool set, tap into your skills and patience and assemble 1911.

There you go!

1. Buy yourself a 1911 frame. This one was an Armscor, which if I'm not mistaken is manufactured by Rock Island.
2. Buy yourself a slide. The Essex slide on this particular 1911 was purchased through Midway USA with the sights already installed.
3. Buy yourself a barrel and parts kit. Mine was from Sarco, and while a few of the parts were of questionable quality only a few needed replacement.
4. Do some homework, assemble a basic tool set, tap into your skills and patience and assemble 1911.

There you go!

What was your total build cost?

cool ! I think you'll find that the 03a3 with that particular stock is a real shoulder bruiser. Mine sure is !
I brought it to the range last week and it does let you know it's there! Not as bad as the Mosin M44 though...

It did have a couple light primer strikes (maybe 2 out of 20 rounds), which I'm attributing to the 5 pounds of cosmoline I apparently missed inside the bolt body.

Thread hijack continues...
The SKS is getting acquainted with its 4 stepbrothers. I'll try to get some pics once it's all cleaned up and presentable.
Total cost on the 1911 build was probably less than $500. For those on the fence with the NES 1911 group buy, I didn't find it all that difficult to build. YMMV. Mental note: next gun show, pick up a whole bunch of extra small parts. $5 shipping for a $2 part is torment!

There you go!

I had seen a 1911 the other day that had the same hammer, and I was wondering where it came from. The "BeaverTail" also looked a lot like the one on your gun, and the safety. Are all those parts from Sarco?

I had seen a 1911 the other day that had the same hammer, and I was wondering where it came from. The "BeaverTail" also looked a lot like the one on your gun, and the safety. Are all those parts from Sarco?
The hammer came with the kit, as did the thumb safety. The grip safety I got from a guy on (shudder) eBay. The grip safety that came with the kit would not fit the frame and I really didn't want to start cutting things.

Used once in a club competion this 617 had about 300 rounds down the pipe then was stored for the season until it was just recently put up for sale with 2 others....Once I saw and handled it @ $525, I knew I wasen't going to wait to see the Taurus 970(my other choice for a .22 revolver).

001-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

the Family

009-1.jpg

I just picked this one up on Saturday at the S&W Sport Shooting Center.
Just came in from the Performance Center a two tone 945.
attachment.php

Just finished this, however it will most likely go up for sale.
attachment.php

New for August and the 4 inch 945 was at the end of July.
attachment.php

Last edited:
New 1911

Here it is
cas1.jpg

1911 Caspian custom build

Well, I got around to ordering the last of my parts and sent this off to get put together.

I need to still send it off to Robar for their NP3 treatment, which will be on everything except the barrel. I want to see a difference through the ports in the slide and the barrel color. (NP3 is a soft grey, barrel will have a chrome shine to it)

I am throwing old beater grips on it will I shoot the 100-300 rounds before shipping it off to Robar. The grips I am making my own.

Anyway here is it.
Thanks for looking
Bruce

Here it is
cas1.jpg

Well, I got around to ordering the last of my parts and sent this off to get put together.

I need to still send it off to Robar for their NP3 treatment, which will be on everything except the barrel. I want to see a difference through the ports in the slide and the barrel color. (NP3 is a soft grey, barrel will have a chrome shine to it)

I am throwing old beater grips on it will I shoot the 100-300 rounds before shipping it off to Robar. The grips I am making my own.

Anyway here is it.
Thanks for looking
Bruce

Sharp looking! Re-post when it is all done - like to see it.[grin]

Here it is

Anyway here is it.
Thanks for looking
Bruce

That should get a bunch of the green members (including me) excited about the 1911 Group Buy! Very nice! Can't wait to see it after it's NP3'd!

Do you mind me asking what you have into it to this point? I'm wondering how bad my bank account will suffer AFTER the frame and slide arrive. You can PM me if that suits you. If not, that's ok, too [grin]

Pistol Pete, I got the gun just for sH*ts & giggles, I am not sure at this point what I will use it for.

It may just be a safe queen and shot every now and again, not really sure at this time

Picked up used from Zero Hour Arms. Cool place. Will be back. Needed a 22 to bring to the range with noobs.
MarkII_1.jpg

Here they all are:
3_3.jpg

Here it is
cas1.jpg

Anyway here is it.
Thanks for looking
Bruce

GAN's?

Back
Top Bottom