• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for August 2008

My new rifle i got this last weekend.

1022usst.jpg

Well, I finally got my Saiga12. Zero Hour Arms did save this for me so I'm glad that they did. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for almost a year so I'm happy to get it. Now with a few mods I'll finally have my USPSA open shotgun to go with everything else. As for the pistol grip mentioned earlier it's not an easy task. The trigger components need to be changed along with many other things so prob. not an easy task unless you have some gunsmith experience. Anyways, here are a few pics of it:

Saiga1202.jpg

Saiga1201.jpg

Congrats, I knew they would save it for you. I checked into the pistol grip and there are places you can have them installed with a new stock...all different stocks. It's like $400 or $450. The only problem is that with the pistol grip and detachable mag. makes it illegal in MA. I may buy a conversion kit for when I move out of this shitty state. I hope to shoot mine on Saturday.

Are you sure having the pistol grip makes it illegal? I thought you could have a pistol grip with the mag it just can't be a folding or collapsible stock? Either way this state sucks!!! I have to mount a C-More sight on mine and I'm looking at putting the magwell on it that allows mags to be fed like an AR.

Pete

Gabe Suarez is selling magwells in a package with 4 8 rounders... for only $700.

I've had my S12 apart down to the small piece. I actually made a fixture on my lathe and pressed the barrel out to contour the feed ramp and then pressed it back in. I was just bored one day.

Gabe Suarez is selling magwells in a package with 4 8 rounders... for only $700.

I've had my S12 apart down to the small piece. I actually made a fixture on my lathe and pressed the barrel out to contour the feed ramp and then pressed it back in. I was just bored one day.
I get bored and disassemble my firearms too. However you take it to the extreme.[bow]

Just picked this up last night at BassPro. My brother wanted to go pick up some ammo with the sale they were having and traffic was horendous. So I figured I'd make the trip worth it since I'm replacing a gun I'm selling.

Brand new Walther PPK/S in .380 Auto. Brought it to the range today and put 100 rounds of Remington UMC through it with no issues.

WaltherPPKS.jpg

I just shot mine today for the first time. She bites after awhile! I NEED a pistol grip! I must admit, I don't like that you have to pull the bolt back to load the magazine and once the bolt goes foward, you are hot. You can't load a magazine with the safety on like an AK.

Well, I finally got my Saiga12. Zero Hour Arms did save this for me so I'm glad that they did. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for almost a year so I'm happy to get it. Now with a few mods I'll finally have my USPSA open shotgun to go with everything else. As for the pistol grip mentioned earlier it's not an easy task. The trigger components need to be changed along with many other things so prob. not an easy task unless you have some gunsmith experience. Anyways, here are a few pics of it:

Saiga1202.jpg

Saiga1201.jpg

I got these in the past couple days.

dsc01834uw2.jpg

dsc01833gg0.jpg

Got the Ruger Mark 3 at Bass pro when i went to buy some cheap 9mm ammo.
The Mac-90 was at ZHA. Bought that after coming from the range when I first fired the ruger!

I really like the Ruger, but it's a bastard to get apart and put together! I'm hoping that after some use, it gets easier. That's what I've heard at least.

I just shot mine today for the first time. She bites after awhile! I NEED a pistol grip! I must admit, I don't like that you have to pull the bolt back to load the magazine and once the bolt goes foward, you are hot. You can't load a magazine with the safety on like an AK.

You can load the mag with the bolt closed, just takes a little effort and getting used to. There are people that relieve the underside of the bolt to make it easier, but thats not strictly speaking, necessary. Also, if you're gonna compete with it, you will need to master holding the bolt open with one hand while changing mags with the other... Its way faster.

--EasyD

We had some medical bills that kept things real slow for a while...I even had to bow out of the musket buy [sad], but we're back to normal now and I found this real nice piece today...with two cylinders...and dated 1940.

I might have a chance at a case of 7.62x38r. I won't use much of it but would any of you be interested in some if I get the case?

left1%20800x521.jpg

right1%20800x517.jpg

holster%20800x499.jpg

Last edited:
We had some medical bills that kept things real slow for a while...I even had to bow out of the musket buy [sad], but we're back to normal now and I found this real nice piece today...with two cylinders...and dated 1940.

I might have a chance at a case of 7.62x36r. I won't use much of it but would any of you be interested in some if I get the case?

Sorry for the lousy pic, will retake sometime.

left1%20800x549.jpg

Nice gun and fun to shoot.

I noticed it looks like you have two 32 ACP cylinders there and no original 7.62 Nagant cylinder.

I'm sure you can find an original since lots of people are swapping them for the 32 ones. I'd be interested in some 7.62 Nagant ammo if you wind up with a case. I'm almost out of my cheap yellow box Russian target ammo and it doesn't look like there is a source out there for any more of it. [sad]

The second cyl is the 7.62 cyl. You just can't see the flutes on the side. After reading the 'manual' that came with it, I see that the 7.62 cyl has a spring in the center. I'm missing the spring but it shouldn't be too hard to find another.

The second cyl is the 7.62 cyl. You just can't see the flutes on the side. After reading the 'manual' that came with it, I see that the 7.62 cyl has a spring in the center. I'm missing the spring but it shouldn't be too hard to find another.

Ahhh ok, I can just about make them out. Looked like shadows at first.

On a side note... I love the holsters for these, especially the way there is room for 14 rounds in the small ammo pouch.[grin]

Ok, thanks, I will have a little patience next time. I just tried once and just thought you couldn't do it. I was pretty excited to shoot it. My shoulder is a little sore today, though!

You can load the mag with the bolt closed, just takes a little effort and getting used to. There are people that relieve the underside of the bolt to make it easier, but thats not strictly speaking, necessary. Also, if you're gonna compete with it, you will need to master holding the bolt open with one hand while changing mags with the other... Its way faster.

--EasyD

I'd be interested in some 7.62 Nagant ammo if you wind up with a case. I'm almost out of my cheap yellow box Russian target ammo and it doesn't look like there is a source out there for any more of it. [sad]

Classic Arms has Nagant ammo for $19.95/box of 50.

It's about 1/4 down the fron page in the description for the Nagant revolvers he's selling.

Dennis, from the way I read the ATFE 2001 C&R booklet, war ammunition is C&R and can be shipped to you, if the dealer will ship to Mass.

WEIRD ! the smooth cylinder in the gun in the above pics is the 7.62 and the fluted one is the .32 !

I had been looking for a 1903 and wouldn't you know it a guy at work had a 1943 Smith-Corona that he was willing to let go in a package deal with a Norinco SKS, both still in cosmolene. I got the 03A3 cleaned up but haven't touched the SKS yet- also finished my 1911 build:

DSC00590sm.jpg

DSC00600sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom