New Acquisitions for August 2008

My partial knowledge on this:

Military ammo is slightly higher pressure than civilian ammo. 5.56 is higher pressure than .223.

If your barrel says ".223"... then your AR15 is only chambered for .223 and CANNOT fire 5.56.

However, if your barrel says "5.56"... then your AR15 can shoot both 5.56, and .223... without problems.

As for grain, etc, doesn't matter. Feel free to shoot 55gr, 65gr, whatever.

If reliability is your priority, stick with brass cased ammo...

If low cost is your priority, steel cased wolf is hard to beat.

However, I will never shoot wolf out of my AR again... as I've had too many FTE and FTF (Failure to Extract/Failure to Fire) with that ammo in my AR.

Some AR's are okay with steel cased ammo... some do not like it. Mine did not like it. You'll have to see for yourself.

Aside from that... keep your AR lubed up nice and wet... the more lube you use on your bolt carrier assembly, the more reliable it will be in general.

Go to AR15.com. That is a GREAT resource and you'll learn a ton over there.

There was a small NES party at JDL sales when I went and picked this bad boy up

WesRogersAR2.jpg

Last edited:
Some new things this month for me.
Glock 19
S&W 3" 629 unfluted Special Order
Two S&W M&P 15 Stripped Lowers
Cav Arms Lower

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just picked this up at Zero Hour Arms today....it was their last one. I guess my dog likes my Benelli more!

I hope you're wrong about it being their last one. I called today and they said they had 2 left. They put one aside for me so hopefully it's still there for me tomorrow. I'm 2 hours away from them and will be there when they open. I truly hope they did put it aside for me as I've been trying to get a Saiga12 now for over a year. Sweet pick up....

You are all set. They told me they had one aside you someone that called today...probably you. So you are actually the last. I guess I was the last that was on the floor. I walked in and grabbed it off the floor rack. They have yours hanging on the wall. It is waiting for you! I also picked up the 2 extra mags. I think they were $50 a piece. There are NONE to be found anywhere! I can't believe I got this one!

We need to find someone to install a pistol grip. I guess it is not easy at all! You can buy the kit for around $100 bucks, but it is a bitch to install.

I heard just the opposite that it is easy to do if you have some Dremel experience and a knowledge of how AK type rifles work.

On the other hand, a pistol grip and detachable magazine on a shotgun would make it a no no in Massachusetts.

Oh yeah...forgot about that. Maybe I will get the kit and keep it around for when the end of days is near!!!!

I heard just the opposite that it is easy to do if you have some Dremel experience and a knowledge of how AK type rifles work.

On the other hand, a pistol grip and detachable magazine on a shotgun would make it a no no in Massachusetts.

Nice score. Get em' while you can!

And if you find accessories make sure you pass the info along to all of us Saiga 12 owners. I'm still searching for a real Russian foregrip with rail.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1103&HS=1

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but this site has some saiga 12 furniture on it. They just happen to have a fore grip with a rail. Most of the stuff on the site is Russian military. They even have deactivated rifles but of course no sales to the US.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_furniture.htm

Just put a S&W 327 PC 8 shot revolver on layaway. Scandium/Titanum 1 inch barrel N frame 357 mag. I am trying to avoid filling multi gun purchase paper work. So I am on the seven business days waiting plan

I've been going crazy with the gun purchases this month[smile] This is my newest addition to the colletction--- Argentinian D.G.F.M. Mod.1927 .45

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

Thanks for looking!

mega1do1.jpg

Got my upper in last friday.

Painted the rollmarks to match the dark earth furniture im putting on it.
Its starting to come together.

Pardini GT 45

I could not pass up this one, I've not seen many of these in MA. Plus I got it from a friend which made it a little easier as I've shot it more than him this past year.

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

Back
Top Bottom