New Acquisitions for December 2009

Nice pickup Steve! Great-looking gun.

I got a stainless Desert Eagle for Christmas!!!!

Well, kind of... [laugh]
008.jpg

SW Model one and one half

I went into my local shop today and the owner told me I had to have this gun. It's a tip up SW Model 1 1/2 .32RF from about 1870.

It's no prize as the nickel is not too good on the cylinder but the rest is better than the pics show.

The MOP grips probably make up for about half of what I paid, I'd guess. They are perfect, not a mark on them.

The grip screw is frozen and I really want to get the grips off. Any idea what I can soak the 'nut' side of the grip in to loosen it without ruining the MOP grips?

I know I didn't get a real prize piece here but it's not bad for the bucks, I think.

righy%20800x366.jpg

lelftopen%20800x279.jpg
]

I went into my local shop today and the owner told me I had to have this gun. It's a tip up SW Model 1 1/2 .32RF from about 1870.

It's no prize as the nickel is not too good on the cylinder but the rest is better than the pics show.

The MOP grips probably make up for about half of what I paid, I'd guess. They are perfect, not a mark on them.

The grip screw is frozen and I really want to get the grips off. Any idea what I can soak the 'nut' side of the grip in to loosen it without ruining the MOP grips?

I know I didn't get a real prize piece here but it's not bad for the bucks, I think.

Nice find.

Try dropping some Marvel Mystery Oil in the insert area and letting it soak for a few days.

righy%20800x366.jpg

lelftopen%20800x279.jpg
]

PB Blaster is by far the best I have ever found for freeing stuck fasteners. It will loosen ANYTHING! Im not sure what effect it would have on the MOP grips.

KROIL! The definitive will remove any rusted bolt/screw/nut formula ever known to man. Trust me Dennis... I use this for restorations in the body shop and for my own guns. It works hands down over PB, WD, Marvel, etc.!

KROIL! The definitive will remove any rusted bolt/screw/nut formula ever known to man. Trust me Dennis... I use this for restorations in the body shop and for my own guns. It works hands down over PB, WD, Marvel, etc.!

I have lots of 'unruster stuff' but I'm concerned about the mother of pearl.

This isn't phony plastic MOP that I know most solvents would ruin, but the real thing and I sure don't want to hurt it.

I have lots of 'unruster stuff' but I'm concerned about the mother of pearl.

This isn't phony plastic MOP that I know most solvents would ruin, but the real thing and I sure don't want to hurt it.

It doesn't creep as bad as Marvel. One tiny drop applied with a toothpick and some heat from a hair dryer to heat up the metal and let it work its way in is all that should be needed.

I'll give you some to try if you want to swing by my place tomorrow.

light application of heat from a pen style soldier gun, this has worked great for me with little tiny sight screws. a plus is a perfect fitting screw bit

It doesn't creep as bad as Marvel. One tiny drop applied with a toothpick and some heat from a hair dryer to heat up the metal and let it work its way in is all that should be needed.

I'll give you some to try if you want to swing by my place tomorrow.

I agree with Ray on this, it is the only cleaner/lubricator allowed here. If you folks ever need some I carry it.

pilgrim, good note "nut" I assume people would know what to heat ? Im more of a do'r than a tell'n how to do it person.

Not sure if this is considered dec or jan... i will pay in dec but not receive until jan.

It's a glock 26, 3rd gen pre-ban in mint condition... manufacture date in sept 98 [grin]

Congrats, Roso! Nice acquisition!

Now, be prepared to throw your gun allowance into diapers, school clothes, and college bills for the next 25 years! (but I wouldn't trade mine for all the guns in Fred's safes!) [grin]

Congrats, Roso! Nice acquisition!

Now, be prepared to throw your gun allowance into diapers, school clothes, and college bills for the next 25 years! (but I wouldn't trade mine for all the guns in Fred's safes!) [grin]
Thanks!

I figure I am good as long as I don't have to sell any current ones to get diapers for her. [smile]

Just got off the plane with Shortey and my December acquisition:

Plato1.jpg

He's an 8 week old Havanese - Shortey's first dog. So far, we couldn't be happier with him. He has a wonderful temperament, and he's the most well behaved, responsive 8 week old puppy I've ever seen.

Just got off the plane with Shortey and my December acquisition:

Plato1.jpg

He's an 8 week old Havanese - Shortey's first dog. So far, we couldn't be happier with him. He has a wonderful temperament, and he's the most well behaved, responsive 8 week old puppy I've ever seen.

Just too darn cute. Congratulations. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom