New Acquisitions for December 2009

Nice tape .. where did you pick that up???

I am looking for some Federal Hydra Shock 147's for mine but they are hard to come buy but my hollow points are hopefully under my Xmas tree .. I havent broken in my gun yet (fixin that tonight)

You can get it at most places that sell scateboards and make them yourself. I ordered some from CCS, here is a link. http://shop.ccs.com/skate.grip_tape/category/

Last edited:
Well worn 1957 Star Modelos Super in 9mm Largo.

002-20.jpg

I like to celebrate multiculturalism with my Spanish gun, American canvas bag and Greek ammo.

Fortunately, mine came with 900 rounds of ammo so the search for 9mm Largo will be postponed. I need a firing pin for it and then its good to go.

Speaking of 9mm Largo. I picked up this 1921 Astra Model 400 months ago. Got 5 shots out of it before it quit. I took it to gunsmith who found he firing pin extension had broken. Found a replacement at Sarco and a new set of springs from Wolf. I just got it back. I believe Sarco may have a pin for your Star if you haven't already found one.

DSC_1397.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of 9mm Largo. I picked up this 1921 Astra Model 400 months ago. Got 5 shots out of it before it quit. I took it to gunsmith who found he firing pin extension had broken. Found a replacement at Sarco and a new set of springs from Wolf. I just got it back. I believe Sarco may have a pin for your Star if you haven't already found one.

Next time you are at Sippican on a Sunday morning, ask Jim about his 9mm Largo deal.[wink]

DSC_1397.jpg

Nice looking piece, always good to see something unusual [grin] I do love the usual things, to, though.

New acquisition - Rem 700 VTR in 308 --- today at Cabela's, used my points and a $100 coupon - walked out the door for just over $200 (already had the bipod). Now I just need a badger base and some hot optics. I may wait until tax refund time and get something really nice like Swarovski or Nightforce.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pic, but digital camera quit on me - time for a new one.
700VTR.jpg

CZ 52, not in bad shape for a 50+ year old pistol.

Anyone know of any place to check serial numbers to get its provenance?

DSC03134.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to me... My first C&Rs arrived just in time! Santa is an antique Russian arms dealer... who knew??? [smile]

Image00002.jpg

The 91/30 is dated 1917 (interesting year!) and Izhevsk marked and the revolver is dated 1943 and Tula marked. They are really both in pretty good shape. More photos and info once I had some time to clean them up a little more!

I've had my eye one one of these for a long time, and saw a deal too good to pass up on Gunbroker.

pix619313875.jpg

pix619313359.jpg

Winchester 1894 centennial model, grade 1.

does that tear your hands up after a couple hundred rounds at the range?
Sorry, didn't see this post until now! Much to my chagrin, I haven't had any range time with gun since I bought it in November!!! The membership process at HHRG takes a little while, and I won't have my membership until the first Monday in january! So now I have the P22 that I've never shot yet, and even though I did get to put 50 rounds through the M&P before I bought it, that was months ago, and before the grip tape. I haven't bothered to go to Bob's with it yet either.

To Josh: I work in a gym, so we have rolls of that grip tape hanging around for the standing surfaces on the equipment. Free score!!
I'll let you know how I like it!
Just picked up 700 more rounds of 22lr today with a gift certificate from my boss.
Sweet!

I also checked out the S&W 642 while I was in there. Love it! I think that might have to be my next purchase!!!

I stopped by Four Seasons this afternoon and this followed me home. A used Sig P220. It is in excellent condition. I field stripped it when I got home and cleaned it. This gun is tight, feels like brand new. It did not need the cleaning. Also came with still bright night sights.

P220001.jpg

I just had a gentleman who is 83 return to me my fathers' 38 special revolver that my uncle took while attending my fathers funeral 40 years ago. Its a long story, but twelve years ago I discovered that my uncle had 'taken' and sold to this gentleman my fathers pistol,and I told the man that I would pay any price and not haggle just give me back what was the gun I grew up shooting. He came to my door, handed it to me and said Merry Christmas, and sorry he held onto it all these years. Would not take any money for it, just asked that I go shoot with him this summer.. what a class act.

Back
Top Bottom