• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February 2008

Another purchase. Purchased it about an hour ago. M&P 9mm. anyone got ammo?

Picture385.jpg

Thats a really nice Russian stock. You will lose a lot of that beautiful red color if you strip it down for refinishing. Try some polish on the stock and see if it brings the shine back where it looks dull. Russian and some Chinese stocks often dull out after a while because the shellac loses its gloss over the years.
At the most I'd clean it with denatured alcohol and try to re-flow some of the shellac. The alcohol can actually remove shellac so be careful when using it. If you still aren't happy with the way it looks you can give it a thin coat of clear shellac thinned with denatured alcohol. That will bring out a great shine to the stock and keep the color and finish you have intact. It will also prevent any flaking and fill in scratches.
Thanks a ton. I do like the way it looks so I will just clean it up a bit. I will get some of that denatured alcohol and try that very very lightly to see how it looks.

Last, but not least, a new in the box HK USPc .45
hk001.jpg

hk002-1.jpg
I am a 1911 junkie. Yet when I shot my friend's HK USP .40 I fell in love with it except for the caliber. This aquisition of yours is one of very few pistols that would make me stray from JMB's design. Good catch, I'm very jealous.

I got this new FSR (Flat Shiny Rifle) the other night along with a tour of BJ's shop. Do I need to file an FA10 form for this?
Very nice shop btw, so clean. Those are some crazy machines you have got there. Don't forget to keep your fingers clear [smile]
SKSandtable023.jpg

I got this new FSR (Flat Shiny Rifle) the other night along with a tour of BJ's shop. Do I need to file an FA10 form for this?
Very nice shop btw, so clean. Those are some crazy machines you have got there. Don't forget to keep your fingers clear [smile]
SKSandtable023.jpg

Damn..I got all kindsa extra holes in mine ! I never realized I needed a lock on it.

ar15.jpg

Yours was custom made, Ed's used to be hanging in my office. Hopefully when I get some time I can make Ed and EddieCoyle the one there deserve. I made one for SR a while back for helping me out with some problems I was having with Tyson. I ended up giving her one at the Marlboro show, she said people kept asking where they could get one.

I thought about it at one point. The problem is;

1. Stainless looks the best but is very expensive. I can cut a few out on scrap here and there, but it would drive the price up on a group buy a lot.

2. If they all said Northeast Shooters.Com Price would go up. It takes time to cut all that out, and time is money.

3. If we went with CRS we would have to get them plated or painted, more cost.

Maybe after we get these othere buys done, I will look into it though. I have some other gun things that are also cool.

Here is my new Acquisition. I got it from Eastern Security Safe and the customer service was great. They delivered it today and set it up in my basement. Before the guys left they went over all the information with me from changing the batteries in the key pad to adjusting the interior lighting.

CannonGunSafe004.jpg

Nice Nagant - have not seen a review on one - is it going to be a shooter for you?

Thanks ! It's rather a piece for the collection than a shooter.
Ammo prices for 7.62 Nagant are through the roof and reloading
the cartridge seems to be a nightmare.
Although, I'm surely going to fire a few rounds, just to get the
feeling for it.

Here is my new Acquisition. I got it from Eastern Security Safe and the customer service was great. They delivered it today and set it up in my basement. Before the guys left they went over all the information with me from changing the batteries in the key pad to adjusting the interior lighting.

Nice, now show it with the lights on! [smile]

Thanks ! It's rather a piece for the collection than a shooter.
Ammo prices for 7.62 Nagant are through the roof and reloading
the cartridge seems to be a nightmare.
Although, I'm surely going to fire a few rounds, just to get the
feeling for it.

Ya if you get out to shoot it let us know what you think.. i would be interested to hear.

It's the last day of the month, last purchase of the month, but it's my first rifle.

Ruger .44 Magnum Carbine, manufactured 1962. The poor thing looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 45 years, but it's nice and shiny now.

DSCN0369.jpg

Late Submission

Been pretty busy this month, but able to acquire these wonderful toys...

Smith & Wesson 5943 9mm DAO, was my Dad's carry gun for the ECSD
5943-2.jpg

Sig P229 .357Sig
P229-1.jpg

Sig P226 .40S&W
P226-1.jpg

Beretta Model 96 Brigadier .40S&W
beretta2.jpg

I love working overtime for the federal government [smile]

Back
Top Bottom