New acquisitions for February 2008

Honey I shrunk the 1911

New to me Colt Mustang. A whole lot smaller then a standard 5" Government model!

Small1991Family13.jpg

Small1991Family11.jpg

-= Chuck

When I bought my RugerMKIII I was initially looking at the Mosquito. The salesman at the shop I went to also 'threw the Mostquito under the bus' and suggested the MKIII. I haven't been too happy with the MKIII so I figured I'd give the Mosquito the ol' college try.

What don't youy like about the MKIII? Mine has literally been flawless since the first round I shot.

I heard that Jim heats up his morning coffee by shooting 20-30 .500 rounds downrange in rapid-fire, then places the hot barrel in his mug to heat the coffee.

Don't forget his own post stating that he shoots the flush handle on public toilets so he doesn't have to touch them.

What don't youy like about the MKIII? Mine has literally been flawless since the first round I shot.

I don't like the mushy trigger, and I don't like the slide release button. Hasn't been as accurate as I was hoping for, either... but I don't know if thats the gun or just me.

I don't like the mushy trigger, and I don't like the slide release button. Hasn't been as accurate as I was hoping for, either... but I don't know if thats the gun or just me.

Let me know if you want details, but you can get a target sear and install it youself and have a resulting "breaks like glass" sub-2-pound match trigger as well as an extended slide lock. Both are available here. Sear is 20$, Bolt release is 11$:

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RSC&Category_Code=VC2

Dont know what to say about accuracy...mine is way more accurate than i'm able to shoot.

My latest. a S&W Performance Center 945 with a custom scope mount from BME-Mounts. No drilling required. I actually got this last month but didn't green up until February [grin]

DSC_0827a.jpg

Let me know if you want details, but you can get a target sear and install it youself and have a resulting "breaks like glass" sub-2-pound match trigger as well as an extended slide lock. Both are available here. Sear is 20$, Bolt release is 11$:

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RSC&Category_Code=VC2

Dont know what to say about accuracy...mine is way more accurate than i'm able to shoot.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

My latest. a S&W Performance Center 945 with a custom scope mount from BME-Mounts. No drilling required. I actually got this last month but didn't green up until February [grin]

Those grips are s#!t-hot! Love the scalloped slide, too. Very unique.

I think Jim has a wee bit of experience with the big revolvers.[wink] How many rounds have you put through your X-frames Jim? It wouldn't surprise me if you're up among the highest in the country.

I don't know about the highest in the country, but I bet I have 10,000 rounds through X-frames. I used up 24 pounds of powder loading them in the last year (avg 42 grains/charge over 4000 rounds).

New toys

Here's the new additions to the family
Mac10/9mm FA.
hk004.jpg

hk005.jpg

hk002.jpg

And an HK94, soon to be an MP5 (I hope [smile])
hk009.jpg

hk008.jpg

hk006.jpg

Last, but not least, a new in the box HK USPc .45
hk001.jpg

hk002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Dennis. Let us know what you find. I'm friends with an Iver Johnson collector. I'll ask him to look at the pics.

Can't figure why the lighting in pic #2 is so different...but I like it.

It's because your flash didn't go off [grin] Photo tip for ya: natural light is always better for photographs than the flash from the camera. Try taking some photos near a large window... without the flash... or even a well-lit room is fine too. Use a tripod if you have to to keep the camera steady.

Nice gun too! [smile]

+1

I assume that's .38 S&W correct? not .38 S&W Special?

yup

I was told by a guy that writes books on IJ's that this one is kinda weird. The frame was built in 1941, at about the time the co stopped civilian mfg. In 1946, production restarted but only for.22's except for about 2,000 barrels and cylinders that they made to use on the .38 frames that were left over at the shutdown.

Apparently they used some .22 grips on it as the normal pre war grips were rounded , not 'western'.

The box is actually made for a .22 and has a generic .22 warning sticker inside...although the box is numbered for this gun....while the sticker on the end is for a 38SW.

boxinside%20800x599.jpg

boxend%20800x599.jpg

The IJ expert is very interested in both the gun and the box.

Hello everyone! I picked up two firearms this month, first was a factory refurb Glock 23, .40 S&W with 3 15 round magazines, we all know what they look like, and I don't have any pics on the laptop, so you can imagine one HERE.

I also got a Yugo SKS M59/66 yesterday from my favorite shop in Plymouth, cleaned off the last of the cosmo and took it to the range today. Shot very well and the recoil from the 7.62x39 was more tame than I expected. I picked up case of 1000 rounds and burned through 200 of them today with a friend of mine and my father, they liked the rifle as well! Only down side was when a hot shell was ejected and bounced off the ceiling and landed on the base of my neck, then rolled down my jacket and sweatshirt...

More detailed pictures to follow, but here's one my buddy took of yours truly putting my eyes to work on those iron sights:
SKS02-23-08004.jpg

Last edited:
Kitchen/Bath remodeling is done and paid for, so I figured now would be a good time to take a ride up to Four Seasons and finally treat myself to something I've never had; a brandy new 4 inch S&W 686...........I am pleased.

Back
Top Bottom