New acquisitions for February 2009!

Also acquired this past week:

Spike's Tactical Heavy Tungsten Buffer
Wolff Xtra Power CAR Spring
Ace ARFX-E Entry Stock

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

I inherited 3 muskets, 2 percussion and 1 flint, today along with this P38. The P38 came with a holster and the magazine is marked with someones name. The origin of the P38 is unknown. It was in my friend's grandfather's collection, unfortunately he passed away long ago so the story was never told of how he got it. My friend likes to think that it was from the war... I did not see any import marks on it, so anything is possible. I'll take pics of the muskets in the next couple of days, 1 is reproduction and the others I'm not sure. Not sure if I would want to be firing them regardless. I kind of like having eyebrows, even if my wife says they look like big caterpillars.

Nice! Like the P38, but I'd love to see some pics of you black powder guns. I picked up a couple of nice smoothbore and rifled flintlocks and I enjoy shooting them a lot. Need to get a percussion next time around.

Let us know how they shoot!

t3andme
[/IMG]
t3andme
t3andme

ok, if I have done this right [rolleyes] We should have a picture of hubby's reloading happiness, new Dillion 550 (thanks NSF), my new Browning 243 pump action rifle (first sale to a chick from C&F guns) Savage 93 .17 (surprise from hubby) bolt action goodness, and to end with a bang, new lower from S&W M&P lower with a 6.8 upper
th_IMG_3141.jpg
th_IMG_3132.jpg
th_IMG_3142.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the left side of the P38 and one with the slide back.

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Some ok pics of the muskets, I have no idea what to make of them. The 2 on the top are supposedly originals and the one on the bottom is a reproduction from a kit.

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

Troy, we'll need to go out sometime with these things. I have no idea on how to use them. Like I said earlier, I want to keep my eyebrows!

C

Nice! Like the P38, but I'd love to see some pics of you black powder guns. I picked up a couple of nice smoothbore and rifled flintlocks and I enjoy shooting them a lot. Need to get a percussion next time around. Let us know how they shoot!

ok, if I have done this right [rolleyes] We should have a picture of hubby's reloading happiness, new Dillion 550 (thanks NSF), my new Browning 243 pump action rifle (first sale to a chick from C&F guns) Savage 93 .17 (surprise from hubby) bolt action goodness, and to end with a bang, new lower from S&W M&P lower with a 6.8 upper

Got any bigger pics?

Troy, we'll need to go out sometime with these things. I have no idea on how to use them. Like I said earlier, I want to keep my eyebrows!

C

Very nice! Sure. We can definitely hit the range with them. I have a bunch of FFG and FFFG black powder we can try them out with.

If you look on the top of the bbl close to the lock, there should may be markings indicating what caliber they are. The bottom flintlock looks like a Brown Bess. If it is, it will be in 75 cal.

The top one looks like a Kentucky Long Rifle. They can be a 45 to 70 caliber. You'll need to use your calipers to determine if it's not marked.

Not sure what the middle one is. They can be a LOT of fun to shoot, but can be frustrating if you don't get a good spark from the flint or the vent hole is plugged.

Thanks! I was about ready to scream!!!
Pretty wild, we shot the 5.56 then the 6.8 and there was a noticeable difference in noise[rofl] and made a small ditch in the berm, and when we were sighting it in, ahh, I broke the 1/2" rebar that the target was on [rofl][shocked]

well, we were new members at Sippican...but now they know who broke the rebar! We just joined there and I joined over at Wankinquoah. We are spending more time at Sippican since their hours are better for us.

Another Sippican shooter.[grin]

I'm usually there on Sunday mornings as are a few other NESrs.

Jon, that is very nice indeed!

I don't think that the wooden plug mags had S/Ns on them, so it is strictly a "vintage" thing . . . of which I don't know what years they shipped with.

Here is what I got this month

1) Norinco SKS but it is a stamped receiver not milled

DSC07422.jpg

2) Universal Firearms Vulcan. It is a pump action rifle in 44mag. From the receiver back it looks like a M1 Carbine.

DSC07423.jpg

3) Saiga .410 shotgun

DSC07424.jpg

4) Jager AP74 It is a .22lr that looks like a AR-15

DSC07426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom