New Acquisitions for February 2010

Just got this from a fellow NES'er
sw1911-1.jpg

Just finished a Capsian XR build - the frame, slide and barrel was picked up from a fellow NES member. Came out pretty good I think - I went for a two tone on this one. Storm Lake match .45 barrel, match bushing, GI spec guide rod, blued plug, high end strut, sear and disconnecter, trijicon dot front sight, 10-8 rear novak cut, serrated front strap, serrated MSH, super slim aluma grips, high rise beaver tail, blued solid hammer. The trigger is super light and very short, I had to take out the series 80 parts and replace them with a blank - no loss in my mind.

XRLeftSide.jpg

I serrated the rear of the slide by hand - got a little ambitious but came out OK I think. 40LPI to match the serrated rear site. I'll try to post more detailed pictures in the 1911 gallery or build it yourself forum.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Picked this up at the Marlboro show, but I missed the Jan thread because I lost my camera software. Just took these photos a few mins ago.

*edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the shell holder is a TacStar Side Saddle. Easy as a breeze to install if you know how to turn a screwdriver, in case anyone was wondering. Just installed it tonight.

Mosssberg 500A (In case of Apocalypse, break glass)

DSC06175s.jpg

DSC06184s.jpg

DSC06186s.jpg

DSC06177s.jpg

Last edited:
Mk 12 Mod 0

Mark 12 Mod 0 Upper is Compass Lake Engineering. Its is a 18 inch barrel with rifle gas system as a SPR Mod 0 that is setup for the PRI flip sight and the instead of the Ops Inc. collar and brake I went with the PWS FSC556. The Douglas barrel has a Wylde chamber, standard ramps and 1:7 twist. The other changes over the standard Mod 0, Instead of the ARMS bipod and scope mounts I went with a Larue Bipod mount and as of now it has US Optics scope rings. That will soon change to a Larue SPR mount. Stock is Vltor A2 length, Grip is Ergo (right hand), Lower is Noveske and the trigger is a Jard 3lb. Harris 6-9 Bipod. Scope is a NF 2.5 x 10.

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, hope to run some round through it soon though.
Bruce

mk12.jpg

mk12rec.jpg

Thanks for looking

Mark 12 Mod 0 Upper is Compass Lake Engineering. Its is a 18 inch barrel with rifle gas system as a SPR Mod 0 that is setup for the PRI flip sight and the instead of the Ops Inc. collar and brake I went with the PWS FSC556. The Douglas barrel has a Wylde chamber, standard ramps and 1:7 twist. The other changes over the standard Mod 0, Instead of the ARMS bipod and scope mounts I went with a Larue Bipod mount and as of now it has US Optics scope rings. That will soon change to a Larue SPR mount. Stock is Vltor A2 length, Grip is Ergo (right hand), Lower is Noveske and the trigger is a Jard 3lb. Harris 6-9 Bipod. Scope is a NF 2.5 x 10.

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, hope to run some round through it soon though.
Bruce

Thanks for looking

Son of a... Haha. VERY nice. You beat me by a few months. I'm actually waiting on parts to finish up almost the exact same rifle. Right now the hold up is the barrel. Where did you pick up the Nightforce? Do you like it? Can't wait to get a range report.

Cuda, Thanks....I got the Nightforce from Don at Long Range Supply. He is the best to deal with I will buy ALL my future scopes from him. I am looking at a NF 5.5 x 22 now for my 308. He also carries US Optics but I prefer the NF over them just my 2 cents though.

I wanted to try the HV they just came out with, the zeroing is pretty cool you can load your bullet data in and it will tellyou at what range to zero. Then you are set at vairous distances using the appropriate distance lines in the reticle

Picked these up today

Kel-tec sub 2000 in .40

Remsport Mfg 1911 Fame + fitted slide <-------This thing is absolutely beautiful!

I love my Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm. Its handy, very accurate for me at least at distances of 50 yards, and is easy to work on.

A few words of advice.... polish the feed ramp with a Dremel polishing bit and some polishing compound. Making it smooth will allow for constant feeding of hollow points. You may also want to consider wrapping the tube with something to make for a little more comfortable shooting. Mine was horrible to shoot in cold temps due to a cheek weld on a freezing tube of metal. Some hockey tape fixed that and now its comfy no matter what temps, plus it helped soften the recoil feeling.

nice! what do you think of it? looking to pick up a #20 for my dad, curious on opinions [grin]

Craftsmanship and fit are excellent.
As stated in the directions, the fit on the pistol is very tight and the holster needs to be broken in.
The directions provided for both break in and adjustment are very clear.
After wearing it for the last few hours it is comfortable and conceals well.
So far, Im giving it two thumbs up.

After posting this in the WRONG THREAD[rolleyes][slap] (Thanks Denis.)

Here is my latest aquisition.

Not a firearm, but it's named after one. It was love at first sight so I had to order one.
The M1911 knife.
_001.jpg

Inside there are pocket clips for left or right side and a carry pouch.
_002.jpg

Uses standard 1911 grips.
_003.jpg

My new daily carry set up once I get a good holster
_014.jpg

Buy your own at ULTIMATE EQUIPMENT

Back
Top Bottom