New Acquisitions for February 2010

My new daily carry set up once I get a good holster
_014.jpg

Buy your own at ULTIMATE EQUIPMENT
What make/model of 1911 is that?

My son just picked up this S&W M&P 15-22 today from North Shore Firearms!!
DSCF1361.jpg

Can't wait to get to the range!! With $20 of ammo we'll be shooting until I have to go back to work on Tuesday!

Last edited:
This is my newest, also my birthday gift!

S&W M&P .40c

Attachments

• DSCF2289.JPG
    DSCF2289.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF2288.JPG
    DSCF2288.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF2287.JPG
    DSCF2287.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 14
So I give my wife candy and an outfit then she says that she hasn't bought me anything for Valentines DAY...I say...not yet!!
Winchester Model 94 Carbine from North Shore Firearms
DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1372.jpg

Mike Sr said he had something special for me yesterday when my son was buying himself an M&P 15-22.
I picked it up as a project gun (some pitting etc) and now appear to have a real keeper!! [banana]

Last edited:
Marlin 1894c 357mag

The benefits of being single on Valentines day: Buying yourself a gift.

I have been wanting one of these for a long time now.

Purchased at Kittery Trading post for $520
Can't wait to shoot it!

marlin1.jpg

marlin2.jpg

The benefits of being single on Valentines day: Buying yourself a gift.

I have been wanting one of these for a long time now.

Purchased at Kittery Trading post for $520
Can't wait to shoot it!

Nice! Haha, I wonder if I saw you up at Kittery, I was there today for awhile. Yesterday, too. Bought a new pocket carry knife there.

DSC06196s.jpg

DSC06203s.jpg

Also on Saturday I picked up this Ruger Old Army black powder pistol with two cartridge conversion cylinders in .45 colt at Zero Hour Arms of all places.

DSC06187s.jpg

DSC06191s.jpg

DSC06192s.jpg

After posting this in the WRONG THREAD[rolleyes][slap] (Thanks Denis.)

Here is my latest aquisition.

Not a firearm, but it's named after one. It was love at first sight so I had to order one.
The M1911 knife.
_001.jpg

Inside there are pocket clips for left or right side and a carry pouch.
_002.jpg

Uses standard 1911 grips.
_003.jpg

My new daily carry set up once I get a good holster
_014.jpg

Buy your own at ULTIMATE EQUIPMENT

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im emailing him now!!!!

DELAWARE LOWER

Picked up my 2 delaware lowers 2/13 2/14 kid is in bed wife is at work............ahhhh

Delaware lower,Timberwolf Tactical LPK, TacticalSolutions LT upper, bipod, my "cant believe this old tasco POS still lives and holds zero" on top.
I need to decide on a stock. A2 for now.

Last edited:
Also on Saturday I picked up this Ruger Old Army black powder pistol with two cartridge conversion cylinders in .45 colt at Zero Hour Arms of all places.

DSC06187s.jpg

You mean that can shoot cap and ball OR 45 long colt cartridges!! That is so cool!

Zombi, your pics are incredible. I had a pair of Uberti's with the conversion cylinders. They shot well.

mac1911, good luck with the group buy.

Feb Acquisitions: Delaware Lower and Tactical Solutions Dedicated 22 M4 Upper

Got a pair of Delaware lowers, built one up to go with the new Tactical Solutions M4 dedicated upper (22). Great fun!

Delaware_TacSol_0A_resize.JPG

Delaware_TacSol_6_resize.JPG

Delaware_TacSol_3_resize.JPG

Here is a picture of my duty gun, a Sig Sauer P220R. The gun itself is 9 months old but I just got it back today from Bruce Gray (grayguns.com) and had the Reduced Reset Comprehensive Duty Package done. OMG... It's like a completely new and better gun than what it was.

P220Rcopy.jpg

Tackleberry,

How do you like that light/laser combo? Looks like the Insight M6? Have you tried any of the others? (TLR-2, Surefire, etc)

It is the ITI M6 and I like it. It's light weight and effective. Another officer I work with has the TLR-2 and it's basicly just a cheaper version of the M6. With that being said the TLR does have an LED light which the M6 does not (as far as I'm concerned that's it's only pro). ITI used to manufacture and sell identical lights (M2, M3 and M6) to Streamlight to sell under their name but ITI stopped this about 2 years ago so Steamlight designed their own cheaper model to compete with ITI. Since purchasing the M6 I've upgraded my leather, nylon and tactical Safariland holsters so that I can holster my weapon with the M6 on it. I don't want to go back to shooting with a flashlight in one hand and my handgun iin the other. I think it's a great advantage to be able to draw your handgun and flashlight together and keeping both hands on the handgun.

I've never used the Surefire (if I remember correctly it was a lot more money) so I can't compare it. If your thinking about one I'd hold off a few more months. ITI is releasing a few new models they displayed at Shot Show that moves the Laser above the flashlight to lessen the distance between it and the bore. The light will also be upgraded to an LED and have a strobe feature. So you'd be able to buy a better system or buy the current M6 at a discount when the new ones come out.

Excellent info. +1 for you. Thanks for taking the time to do that write up. I noticed your tac holster is an ALS/SLS style from Safariland. Does your dept use the same ALS style duty holster? I am in the market for a light/laser combo, but maybe I'll hold off after hearing of the new releases coming out as I definitely want an LED style bulb. Before I do anything, I need to see if Safariland offers the ALS duty holster that allows holstering with the light attached for an M&P45 fullsize. I can't find a definitive answer on their website. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Excellent info. +1 for you. Thanks for taking the time to do that write up. I noticed your tac holster is an ALS/SLS style from Safariland. Does your dept use the same ALS style duty holster? I am in the market for a light/laser combo, but maybe I'll hold off after hearing of the new releases coming out as I definitely want an LED style bulb. Before I do anything, I need to see if Safariland offers the ALS duty holster that allows holstering with the light attached for an M&P45 fullsize. I can't find a definitive answer on their website. Thanks again.

Your welcome and yes my nylon, leather and tac holsters are all Safariland SLS. I'm not sure about them having an ALS for the M&P with light but I do know they have the SLS for it. The product number is 6280-51921-131. If you need the ALS just call Safariland, they have great customer service and from time to time do custom orders.

Back
Top Bottom