• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for February 2013

DSC01611.jpg

I've got the coolest wife, when talking to her about buying a new gun she mainly said " ok, but the motorcycle will have to wait"
and I just had to get another 1911 to replace the RIA officers model I traded last year.

The serial # dates this colt to 1971 which I think was built in this country with colt frame and aster slide and barrel. I think they were made from late 1970- 1973.

Picked this up today, Colt Pocket Nine. Made for one year only 1999.

148923178.g205jety.20130223_202032.jpg

for a myriad of reasons, i traded my springfield 1911 range officer for this brand new gen 4 glock 17 today. g17 mags are impossible to find, the 3 that came with this one, plus the 2 i got with the gen3 g17 i bought in december take me to 5 17 round mags now, which is a good number. plus now i have two g17's, one will be rigged with a threaded barrel for my AWC suppressor that i bought yesterday (pending NFA paperwork), and one for whatever else i want.

im kind of sad, not that i got rid of the 1911, but that it was the first gun i have ever "sold", so its kind of a bittersweet day for me. whatever, i think the G17 will serve me much much better practically.

photobucket-33381-1361762004448_zps7aca4a64.jpg

here it is with the others
photobucket-36510-1361762280622_zps074f0682.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I posted anything in the new acquisitions threads...

I picked up this little ugly duckling on Saturday. Harrington and Richardson (made in Woostah!) .32acp Self Loading Pistol. These were manufactured under license of Webley in England from 1914-1924, with about 40,000 units produced. Compared to other small semi auto pistols that became popular at the turn of the century, this gun was a commercial failure. In fact in 1939, the H&R catalog still had a number of these guns in stock even though production had ceased 15 years earlier! This example is an early serial number of the 2nd variation.

These pistols are striker-fired, where their English sisters have an exposed hammer. The Webley had no grip safety or magazine disconnect, and the ejection port was side cut with an external extractor. The H&R has an open-top slide and an internal extractor which spits spent cartridges straight up much like a P.08. I had never even seen one of these H&R autos in person, so I had to snag it. It has plenty of honest blue wear, but mechanically it's tight and sound. I wouldn't go so far as to call this gun super rare, but you certainly don't see them in shops or at shows very often. One more odd little C&R pistol for the collection.

20130223_113736.jpg

Not new but new to me, Marlin 81 DL .22. Was my wife's grandfather's given to me tonight by her stepfather. Going to give it a good cleaning and see how she shoots!

4e5unupa.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom