New acquisitions for January 2008

Here She is !!!!!

HK.jpg

Hk USP 40sw

Tiny was great!

Fith, congrats man, nice HK. My USP .40 Compact is to the left. I'm trying to get my hands on the .45 Tactical but I think I might have to sell an organ or something. Glad to hear that your problem with the license was cleared up.

Hi Guys!

So... I added my first wheel gun to my collection today! I've been looking for my "perfect one" for about 4 months now. For some reason I'm in love with the S&W M19 revolver. No other model really does it for me. And when I saw this one... it was love at first sight.

It's a S&W 19-2 with a 2.5in bbl.

It has an IMMACULATE Like-New Nickle finish.

This is the nicest one I've seen in the past 4 months of looking. It was VERY well taken care of by its previous owner.

I don't know too much about revolvers in general... is there anything special about this model that I should know about?

Alright... Here are the photos! Since this is my first wheel gun... Beware! LOTS of photos below [smile]

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

Look at that MIRROR finish!

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Hanwei [rockon]

Last edited:
I don't know too much about revolvers in general... is there anything special about this model that I should know about?

Nothing special to worry about. The Model 19 has a beefed up area around the yoke so it's stronger than the other K-frames. Even so, if you're going to feed it a steady diet of full power magnums, stick with the heavier (158gr) bullets. The smaller bullets can lead to trouble.

The only other thing you want to be careful with is shooting .357s after a bunch of .38s. Unless you clean it in between, the shorter .38s leave a ring-o-crud inside the end of the cylinder. When you fire .357s while this crud ring is present, the cases can be hard to extract.

That is a very nice revolver. Enjoy!

I got my own a couple of days ago.

Wow that M19 is really nice. Pinned and recessed as well.

So I've read this in other threads... but why are the pinned and recessed models more desirable? Is it just because it's the classic configuration?

I don't usually mark out for wheel guns but that is a nice looking gun!

Thanks [cheers]

Nothing special to worry about. The Model 19 has a beefed up area around the yoke so it's stronger than the other K-frames. Even so, if you're going to feed it a steady diet of full power magnums, stick with the heavier (158gr) bullets. The smaller bullets can lead to trouble.

The only other thing you want to be careful with is shooting .357s after a bunch of .38s. Unless you clean it in between, the shorter .38s leave a ring-o-crud inside the end of the cylinder. When you fire .357s while this crud ring is present, the cases can be hard to extract.

That is a very nice revolver. Enjoy!

I got my own a couple of days ago.

Awesome information. Thank you!

And I know, Jim...I saw your post a few days ago. That was actually the impetus for me going out today to look for one of my own! Ha!

Last edited:
And I know, Jim...I saw your post a few days ago. That was actually the impetus for me going out today to look for one of my own! Ha!

I like yours better. I might have to see how much S&W gets to nickel plate an old gun.

Pinned and recessed revolvers have more appeal to collectors. I think they look better too.

AWESOME! I have a special place in my heart for a model 19, I learned to shoot on one like yours only blued!! Looks great...enjoy!

Hanwei, I consider myself a real fan of S&W revolvers. That 19-2 is just plain nice! That is one of the nicest wheelguns I have seen in a while. Treasure that baby and hang onto it. Please post a range report when you have really tried it out.

Picked this up today. Romanian RPK Dragunov 7.62X54R.

Looks nice. What does it have for markings, especially underneath? Usually in front of the mag slot you can see markings if its a military model.
Don't forget to stay away from heavy ammo. These prefer 148 to 150 grain ammo.

WoW
Two very nice pieces already!
I gotta admit that round gun brings a kid-like smile to my face when I see it.
I have always wanted a 686, maybe in shinny Nickle [devil]

That is one of the nicest wheelguns I have seen in a while. Treasure that baby and hang onto it. Please post a range report when you have really tried it out.

Oh don't worry... hehe... This is a keeper. This is a gun I will most likely be passing on to my children.

I'll post how it shoots when MRA opens back up next week (we're getting a new target system installed!)

Check out the Serbu 50's at the shot show. I get to pick out one of the display guns as my loaner until my semi-auto is ready.

Back
Top Bottom