New acquisitions for January 2008

Pulled from box, fired two ten round groups from a box of Remington Goldens that were rolling around in the truck, off hand iron sights at 50' and they held to "fist size" on the target. No failures of any kind. This is going to be a fun plinker!

*showed it to my 12 yo when I got home ........ I think he's in love

Nice ......ahhh by the way I am up for adoption!!

Thanks Jon. Actually I'm a professional photographer and for me that was a quick snapshot...it could have been a lot better. I used natural window light. The biggest mistake people make is using the on camera flash. A tripod is important as well, however for that shot it was handheld at iso 600. Here's my 19-3 nickel that is marked S.P.D. which I'm guessing, based on Roy Jinks letter stating it shipped to Berkeley, CA, stands for San Francisco P.D. (or possibly Sacremento)
1925inchSPD.jpg

I just left you a rep point -- I read this post and applied it to the picture I took of my Walther PPK/S for the range report, and got a halfway decent picture of a firearm for once.

I just left you a rep point -- I read this post and applied it to the picture I took of my Walther PPK/S for the range report, and got a halfway decent picture of a firearm for once.
Thanks Tele_mark, glad it helped. Maybe my new crusade should be to rid the web of crappy gun photos!

Last edited:
Here's one I picked up the beginning of the month, but just getting to pics. Colt Trooper Mark III in .357 mag. A real beauty, man I gotta learn to take better pics!

Attachments

• dad07005.jpg
    dad07005.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 41
A Henry .22 lever action will probably be my next purchase. Depending on when the M&P.45 comes out, anyway.

z0mbi: I picked up a Henry .22 in December for my son's birthday.

The Henry plus a case of "Hugs" (shown below) equals some awesome plinking. CCI Mags will literally blow the top half off the Hug, sending colored juice all over the area. Nothing like a little visual confirmation of a hit.

Hugs.jpg

Enjoy,
Chris

GSGs to be more widely available soon?

OOOOHHH YA BABY

Liking that GSG-5 - You have to give us the range report on that one.

Anyone know of a shop (or shops) here in MA that will be carrying the GSG-5 anytime in the (not too distant) future?? I'm a couple of towns away from FS - will Carl will be carrying them? So far the reviews seem pretty positive.

Anyone know of a shop (or shops) here in MA that will be carrying the GSG-5 anytime in the (not too distant) future?? I'm a couple of towns away from FS - will Carl will be carrying them? So far the reviews seem pretty positive.

I believe Zero Hour has had them, and is trying to get more. You'll probably have to go on a list, and wait in line though.

Back
Top Bottom