New acquisitions for January 2008

Finally! I can contribute to these threads!

Auto Ordinance 1911-A1 PKZ. Bought it a few hours ago at Collector's in Stoneham. My first gun [smile][smile][smile]

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. My camera is at work.

AO_1911A1PKZ_002.jpg

AO_1911A1PKZ_001.jpg

Congrats [smile]

You guys actually made me nervous so I called FS and they said if there selling it to me its MA legal and they would never sell anything, obviously, that they could not be sell. Why its not on the list and they can sell it I don't know. Unless they are privy to what they can sell prior to the list coming out and a new list is coming shortly. Regardless I'm picking it up on Tuesday.

No you would not have seen that one.It was one on mine,I bought 2 compact and 1 full size. I trade that one for a springfield champion in s.steel[smile]
Howie
Sorry guys some times it work out your father owning a gun shop[smile]But most of the time it hurt your saving acct.

[sad2] o well

Really? I hadn't noticed. [rolleyes]

It's not on the list, and asfaik there hasnt been another list published.

Didn't know revolves needed to be on the list... Q... How could it comply with the law? Doesn't it need to have mag disconect, round Indicator..and such...

Finally! I can contribute to these threads!

Auto Ordinance 1911-A1 PKZ. Bought it a few hours ago at Collector's in Stoneham. My first gun [smile][smile][smile]

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. My camera is at work.

Great choice!
If I had to narrow down my handguns to a single choice, the 1911 is it.

Great choice!
If I had to narrow down my handguns to a single choice, the 1911 is it.

I've always had a special place in my heart for 1911's since I was a kid. I always viewed it as 'The pistol my Dad used in the Army'.

I know the AO isn't the best 1911, but I really wanted a parkerized WWII clone. I figure being my first gun and all, I'm going to abuse the crap out of this thing and put a LOT of rounds through it...so I'll get something of a higher quality later. One of the guys at Collector's was really trying to push S&W1911's on me despite me telling him I really wanted a WWII clone. hehe.

I'm sure in no time I'll have more 1911's than I know what to do with, anyway.

A friend at work and I were discussing my collecting habits and I mentioned I liked collecting military stuff. We went over what I had for each conflict and he mentioned I was a little light covering the Ciil War.

Today he came in and said "Here, this will help your Civil War collection", and he handed me this:

100_0681%20600x344.jpg

1851 Colt Navy in .36 cal. It's a lot better than it looks in the pic...almost mint. Came with a second cylinder, too. Yes, it's a repro, but a real nice one,

It's nice to have friends.

Thanks again Bob!!!!!

Last edited:
A friend at work and I were discussing my collecting habits and I mentioned I liked collecting military stuff. We went over what I had for each conflict and he mentioned I was a little light covering the Ciil War.

Today he came in and said "Here, this will help your Civil War collection", and he handed me this:

1851 Colt Navy in .36 cal. It's a lot better than it looks in the pic...almost mint. Came with a second cylinder, too. Yes, it's a repro, but a real nice one,

It's nice to have friends.

Thanks again Bob!!!!!

Very cool! Nothing wrong with a quality repro, especially if you plan to shoot it.

Chris

I've always had a special place in my heart for 1911's since I was a kid. I always viewed it as 'The pistol my Dad used in the Army'.

I know the AO isn't the best 1911, but I really wanted a parkerized WWII clone. I figure being my first gun and all, I'm going to abuse the crap out of this thing and put a LOT of rounds through it...so I'll get something of a higher quality later. One of the guys at Collector's was really trying to push S&W1911's on me despite me telling him I really wanted a WWII clone. hehe.

I'm sure in no time I'll have more 1911's than I know what to do with, anyway.

Personally, I find that an emotional connection to a gun realy makes it even more special. Enjoy the heck out of that gun. the Smith may be a fine version of the 1911, but it'll never look like an issued .45.

Growing up, my best friend had his Great Grandfather's WWI 1911 hanging on the wall (also had his canteen and mess kit). I remember one time his mom let me handle it, and I was in heaven. I think I knew back then that I'd get a 1911.

Even though the M9 was replacing the 1911A1 while I was on active duty, my unit in Germany still issued them, and that's what I carried through Europe and the Gulf. I bought a Colt 1991A1 when I got back to the states.

I picked this S&W 637 up a week ago from Howie (thanks! Let us all see when you get that "tactical"). It my first revolver.
P1120002.jpg

P1120004.jpg

Very nice condition. Took it down the range last Saturday. It shoots quite well. The recoil is a bit stout, after all it only weighs 15 ounces, but not at all unmanageable.

Last edited:
Thanks to MikeD!! Nice guy to deal with! This is my first AR. It's a Rock River Arms stock lower.

Lwr%20A2.JPG

OK, that's not my pick, but you get the idea. I'll post a real pic when I get an upper and put it together!

It's about time you came over to the Dark Side! Nice pickup Matt. [mg]

[shocked][bow] VERY nice upper. Get a chance to try it out yet? Will that upper feed any ammo or just the good stuff? I've been itchin for an LMT 14.5" upper... you may have just pushed me over the edge [smile]

ETA: What pins did to use to attach the upper to the lower? Or did you have a small hole lower to begin with?

[shocked][bow] VERY nice upper. Get a chance to try it out yet? Will that upper feed any ammo or just the good stuff? I've been itchin for an LMT 14.5" upper... you may have just pushed me over the edge [smile]

ETA: What pins did to use to attach the upper to the lower? Or did you have a small hole lower to begin with?

Thanks! I put 250 rds of 55gr ball ammo through it right away. Ran perfect, and is veeery accurate. I used a receiver adapter kit from Brownells for the big hole lower. Cost about $7, works fine. LMT's are nice, cant go wrong there.

Just call Carl. I called him on a Monday morning to order it and they called me Wednesday to come and get it. Best price around, as usual, $589 cash. I droped close to a grand on the 340 plus ammo for all my guns and several accessories. Great gun though, my wife loves it. Through in some snap caps last light breaking in the trigger and my wife kept using it to shoot the bad contestants on American Idol.

Why do I see this text instead of images ?
Thank You Carl at FS.

Name: gun1.jpg Views: 7 Size: 99.9 KB

Name: gun2.jpg Views: 7 Size: 100.5 KB

Name: gun3.jpg Views: 7 Size: 89.0 KB

Back
Top Bottom