New acquisitions for January 2008

I just got this today. It is a S&W Sigma SW9G (it a green frame), it came with 3 mags, case, holster and instructions. I got it off of a guy that is not going to get his LTC renewed. He only fired the gun 2 times. Now I just have to figuire out if I want to keep it, sell it or trade it (it's not really my type of gun but couldn't pass up a good deal).

DSC03400.jpg

It doesn't look like I'm going to get a new gun this month, certainly not for lack of trying. I didn't plan to get this either,

Truckpic.jpg

but the deal came along and my current truck is going to need some work in the next few months.

I pick it up tomorrow night.

Who knows, I might even find a gun before Friday! [grin]

Not sure what you are driving now but I love my 2003 Tundra, nice trucks.

Not sure what you are driving now but I love my 2003 Tundra, nice trucks.

I'm driving a 2001 Tundra, so it's the same thing only different. Sort of a do over. This time around I got 4WD, bucket seats, and other stuff that I couldn't get last time. It also has the TRD Sport Package. Other than the heavier shocks and dual exhaust I have no idea what's in that.

It's a sweet ride. It will hit 14,000 miles tomorrow on the way in to work.

Gary

Just picked this up Tuesday when I dropped my other 1911 off at the shop to take a visit to the factory for repairs. The gun was not very clean when I got it, and then I ran 300 rounds through it on top of that. When I pulled it apart tonight, it was more filthy than I ever imagined a firearm could be [laugh]

I got a good workout scraping this thing clean, but now that I'm done, it looks like a million bucks! I thought I was buying an old beater, but lo and behold there was a sharp-looking gun under all that grime! It looks almost brand new.

Smith&Wesson 1911

SW1911_015.jpg

SW1911_012.jpg

SW1911_008.jpg

SW1911_003.jpg

sw1911

I like my first sw1911 some much,I have 2 full size all steel 1 s.steel and 1 black. 2 commander size 1 s.s. and 1 black and a sw1911pd with a rail. and a have sold 2 that i am kick myself in the butt for selling
Howie[smile]

Something Fred does'nt have ...........

I don't usually post my new additions, but I figured this one would be an exception. Might just be the first one in MA.

013108_15041.jpg

Very cool! Have you tried it out yet? I'd imagine it likes the standard velocity .22? I'm curious was to what the groupings will look like! I'm sure its not a one hole wonder but it looks awesome and should be great fun to shoot! Nice pick up!

I picked this 66-2 up on the 26th after leaving the Marlboro show empty handed. A week prior I had seen it at Hunters Trading Post. I had cash in pocket and wanted a 2 1/2" 66 to keep my nickel 19 company so I gave them a call from the parking lot at the show to reserve it. It had rubber Hogues on it that I think feel great but are butt ugly. I found these Hogue Bantams in stock at Midway...they arrived yesterday. They feel and look great, imho. I've been wearing it in an old Bianchi IWB holster and I'm amazed how comfortable it is and how well it conceals.
ZO0K8441.jpg

Nice pistol JP. The wood stocks look so much better.
Ever think of hosting a picture taking seminar for us who need help?[smile]

Thanks Jon. Actually I'm a professional photographer and for me that was a quick snapshot...it could have been a lot better. I used natural window light. The biggest mistake people make is using the on camera flash. A tripod is important as well, however for that shot it was handheld at iso 600. Here's my 19-3 nickel that is marked S.P.D. which I'm guessing, based on Roy Jinks letter stating it shipped to Berkeley, CA, stands for San Francisco P.D. (or possibly Sacremento)
1925inchSPD.jpg

Thanks Jon. Actually I'm a professional photographer and for me that was a quick snapshot...it could have been a lot better. I used natural window light. The biggest mistake people make is using the on camera flash. A tripod is important as well, however for that shot it was handheld at iso 600. Here's my 19-3 nickel that is marked S.P.D. which I'm guessing, based on Roy Jinks letter stating it shipped to Berkeley, CA, stands for San Francisco P.D. (or possibly Sacremento)
I know you are. That's why I made the comment[wink] Maybe I should just truck my stuff to your studio and have you make an album[smile]
That 19 is very nice and it's history makes it that much more interesting.

Here's my 19-3 nickel that is marked S.P.D. which I'm guessing, based on Roy Jinks letter stating it shipped to Berkeley, CA, stands for San Francisco P.D. (or possibly Sacremento)

San Francisco PD stuff is usually labeled "SFPD", this is probably somewhere else.

Being a professional photographer gives you an unfair advantage. I hope one of the mods will require you to take future pictures with a blindfold on. [smile]

Gary

I don't usually post my new additions, but I figured this one would be an exception. Might just be the first one in MA.

013108_15041.jpg

Pulled from box, fired two ten round groups from a box of Remington Goldens that were rolling around in the truck, off hand iron sights at 50' and they held to "fist size" on the target. No failures of any kind. This is going to be a fun plinker!

*showed it to my 12 yo when I got home ........ I think he's in love

My evil gun store down the street call me and said that they had this gun. It is a Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw pre safety in 30 carbine made 1969. Me and my girlfriend have been look for one for the collection (she collects Rugers). So I called her up to tell her and she said "your going down to pick it up now right?" Wasn't looking to buy anything because I just got one on Tuesday, but can't pass up a good deal.

DSC03535.jpg

Back
Top Bottom