New acquisitions for January 2008

Greetings all, first time poster but a long time viewer to add my humble contribution...

rifledone.jpg

Bushmaster ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) picked up at Collectors
Magpul MIAD Grip
MI 10inch Free Float Handguard
MI Front Flip-up Sight
ARMS #40L Rear Flip-up Sight
Badger Ordnance Tac-Latch
Bushnell Trophy MP Red-Dot

This was also my first AR build and very pleased with the results [smile]

Not a gun, but something that I have been wanting...
A 7 x 14 mini lathe

Sweet! What are your plans for it?

Greetings all, first time poster but a long time viewer to add my humble contribution...

Bushmaster ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) picked up at Collectors
Magpul MIAD Grip
MI 10inch Free Float Handguard
MI Front Flip-up Sight
ARMS #40L Rear Flip-up Sight
Badger Ordnance Tac-Latch
Bushnell Trophy MP Red-Dot

This was also my first AR build and very pleased with the results [smile]

Very nice AR.

Not a gun, but something that I have been wanting...
A 7 x 14 mini lathe

82710-vi.jpg

FWIW, Micro-Mark has these on sale, marked down from $619.95 to $519.95, this week only.

Jack

WooHoo! NES silencers group buy!

Just kiddin' Jack.[laugh]
Nice set up though and I love browsing the Micro Mark catalogs.

Its been a great week!

100_0486.jpg

I got a 700 round tin of new production Romanian 7.62x39, and a non matching but great shape 1958 Romanian SKS (correct sling coming anyday now).

Plus I picked up a Farmer's Friend SKS from Zero Hour today thanks to Jim and Marc. Its the most money I've spent on a single SKS, especially one thats not even military, but no collection is complete w/out one.[smile]

Very nice AR Sheriff

Always a pleasure to see your newest goodies Milsurp and once again you don't disappoint.

Just came home from the gun show with this gem [smile]
If there is anything you could tell me about this gun it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the round guns and this just felt so nice in my hands today.
I can't wait to try it but the cub scouts are using the club property this weekend for their Klondike Derby.
King009.jpg

King008.jpg

King007.jpg

King.jpg

If there is anything you could tell me about this gun it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the round guns and this just felt so nice in my hands today.
I can't wait to try it but the cub scouts are using the club property this weekend for their Klondike Derby.
King009.jpg

King008.jpg

King007.jpg

King.jpg

WOW! Very, very nice!

King009.jpg

King008.jpg

King007.jpg

King.jpg

That is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Picked up this Romanian SAR-1 at the gun show.

Seems alot better than the WSAR-10's that were there the mags all seemed very lose in them.

0126081849.jpg

Nice find, they're one of the best AK clones out there. I still kick myself for not getting another when I saw one at a show last year for a little over $300.

My first purchase for the new year is a CZ-82. Nice little shooter that's helping me grown my small C&R collection. It's the middle bottom handgun in the pic.

CRHandguns.jpg

I've been looking for a nice looking shooter for a while and found this in Maine. Since the dealer was coming to the Marlboro show I waited aweek and he saved me shipping cost...$300 OTD.
DSCF0822.jpg

1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless 32 cal, 100 years old this year! Reblued at some point but a very nice job!
DSCF0836.jpg

Needs a good cleaning...just figured out how to field strip it...to the range tonight!

Pics of my new (to me) M1 Garand I had promised
GarandRH1.jpg

Serial.jpg

GarandTop.jpg

BSquare.jpg

BSquareRH.jpg

GasTubes.jpg

Upper handguars is almost black and needs some finish to look closer
to what the stock looks like.
The replacement gas tube needs to be re-parked, too.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_King_Cobra

Wikipedia said:
The Colt King Cobra revolver, chambered in the .357 Magnum cartridge, was in production beginning in 1986 and was discontinued in 1990's. The .357 Magnum chambering also accepts .38 Special and the higher power .38 Special +P cartridges.

King Cobra was based on the earlier Trooper (such as the venerable Trooper Mk III) revolvers but featured a more modern design with full length underbarrel lug and solid top barrel rib. Sights were fully adjustable. It was intended as a less expensive alternative to the Colt Python. King Cobras were made from both blued steel and stainless steel. The King Cobra is an all-around versatile gun, suitable for sport, law enforcement duty, self-defense and even hunting. Its smooth and crisp trigger pull make it great for target shooting as well.

Thanks BJ
I printed out a bunch of things for it last night off the web. The OEM service manual will be key for maintenance.

It doesn't look like I'm going to get a new gun this month, certainly not for lack of trying. I didn't plan to get this either,

Truckpic.jpg

but the deal came along and my current truck is going to need some work in the next few months.

I pick it up tomorrow night.

Who knows, I might even find a gun before Friday! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom