New acquisitions for July 2008

Here is the impulse buy.
Universal M1 Carbine.
m1.jpg

Thats nice, I hope to get a carbine soon except mine will be a military one.

No my brother thinks yugo 59/66 rifles are inaccurate, the grenade launcher looks stupid,and he has got a list 5 pages long of things against them. He also thinks 200.00 dollars is to much to pay for one. I wil definitly look into a Yugo 59.

Bring him to Rochester and have him shoot my newer 59/66 models opposed to my standard Norincos and Russians which cost me more than a clean 59/66. Its no secret that the grenade launcher helped protect the muzzle crowns of these rifles from cleaning rod wear when and if the Yugoslavian soldiers cleaned their rifles in the field. Plus the fact that most were never issued or fired is another bonus for collectors wanting a mint bore on an SKS.

To discount Yugo 59/66 SKS types amongst the others is like having a muscle car collection and hating GTO models.

Bring him to Rochester and have him shoot my newer 59/66 models opposed to my standard Norincos and Russians which cost me more than a clean 59/66. Its no secret that the grenade launcher helped protect the muzzle crowns of these rifles from cleaning rod wear when and if the Yugoslavian soldiers cleaned their rifles in the field. Plus the fact that most were never issued or fired is another bonus for collectors wanting a mint bore on an SKS.

To discount Yugo 59/66 SKS types amongst the others is like having a muscle car collection and hating GTO models.

Unfortunately I probably wont be at the Rochester shoot [crying],My brother works Sundays and my parents don't have time. Are the 59/66 rifles that much better they would have to be damn good to convince him. His russian SKS has a mint laminated stock and a mint cromed bore. So it shoots much better than my Norinco.

Better late than never.
Got my dedicated .22 upper earlier in the month and some spare mags.
Went on vacation later in the month and when I got home my Ciener AR .22 kit was here. I don't really need it but it was available and I may use it some day. Also waiting for me was a gross (lifetime supply) of genuine surplus rifle grease. I had no idea where that came from until my son informed me that an old friend dropped it off for me[smile]
julyacc.jpg

Nice Jon, where did you get the upper from? I had been thinking of doing the Ciener but I've heard some horror stories about leading the gas tube shut. Plus the sights will be way off with it anyway.

Nice Jon, where did you get the upper from? I had been thinking of doing the Ciener but I've heard some horror stories about leading the gas tube shut. Plus the sights will be way off with it anyway.
I bought the dedicated upper from a guy on gunbroker.com. The upper is carbon. It uses a modified Ciener and the barrel is .22 and has a 1:16 twist.
I couldn't see spending over $500 for a dedicated upper for plinking and took a chance on this. I think I paid $289 for it and as he's been selling them, the price has creeped up. They first showed up in the spring of this year and some have poo-pooed them because they're not a Spikes or some other "brand name".
I only got it out for a short time before vacation and did a 5 shot group that a half dollar would cover at 25yds. I still need to properly sight it in.

I wouldn't worry about the gas tube with a Ciener. Just clean it out. Bring some .223 with you and shoot that last before you go home to blow some of the crud out.

late pics for july

i picked up 2 nice new additions in july

1st
gsg-5p 22lr little brother to my gsg-5 rifle
(might of been june)

DSCF00012.jpg

DSCF00022.jpg

then i picked up this nice little find
it's a new, ar-57
bushy post ban, pinned stock lower
w/ the new 5.7 upper i put an aimpoint on it, thx jim

DSCF00032.jpg

DSCF00052.jpg

DSCF00042.jpg

both compliments of zha, thank you jim and marco

Last edited:
You guys got some great new stuff.. Garyz heard great things so far on the GSG5 lets us know your take on it when you get it out.

gsg

i have about 2k through the gsg-5 rifle, using wally fed bulk pack,
few ftf ammo related
the pistol takes some getting used to, but i really like it
about 500 or so through the pistol same think,
no issues, other than ammo related

garyz

Back
Top Bottom