• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for July 2008

Happy Birthday to me!! [smile]

PIC-0083.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my addition for the month:

RedRyder005.jpg

Yes, that is an actual, honest-to-goodness Red Ryder Carbine action BB Gun {/Ralphie}

This is my son's first gun. Many tin cans will perish under its withering 350 FPS fire...

I would have loved one of those as a kid....good going Jay [smile]

I was at my local gun store and they had these man purses there. They are Bulgarian leather pouches that hold 5 AK mags and have long leather strap that you can put over your shoulder. The best part they where only $3.00 each. I bought 2 for me and 2 for my friend.

DSC05422.jpg

Is that a service grade that you got?

Yeah, both are service grades. I checked the muzzles with a 30-06 bullet, and they seem to be in great shape. The site I was looking at said 1/4" of distance from muzzle to case was a like new barrel. Both the carbine and the Garand were over 3/16". We'll see how they shoot once I get them cleaned up.

My first:
IMG_3386.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg

Bought new. 500 rounds of Winchester white box FMJ down range so far.

Big THANKS to everyone on this forum!

Here's another july acquisition. Remington Viper 522. Shoots well enough I put a bipod on it for bench shooting. I also want to scope it sometime down the road, and maybe pick up some spare mags. Doubt I'll find any though.

DSC01300.JPG

Went in the local gun shop to get some plastic cartridge boxes and went by the gun case just in case.

Lo and behold someone had just traded in a pair of nickel N frames. One was a Model 25 in .45 Colt and the other a Model 29. Both pinned, and the 29 recessed. Both with the three Ts. Both 4" and both in excellent condition. The tie breaker is that I did not want to add another caliber the 29 came with me.

So here is Model 29-2 N6617X for $586 OTD [smile]

7mkbDHiFAp1Y-AyoC+Yw8iVQVMiRCTzX0300.jpg

CZEZmGFC1pDXoJwTPH0zffL1jGu7bbha0300.jpg

KgQCGW+iHusEiFyAvKAAsKRCXzAQxJRT0300.jpg

GhMutrccNMa8qlaL6H9FyrTsmUQWFct90300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom