New acquisitions for June 2007

ranger nice gun!!!...my buddy has one and its sweeeeeet

let me know how you like that drop leg!...ive been considering getting one of the latest version that allows the tac light to be on the pistol

I love the drop leg. There are a few things in particular that I find to be superior. The dual connections to the utility belt. This allows access to the pocket when the rig is worn. It also provides a very stable and secure attachment. The leg straps are wide and strong. The stripes that are visible in the strap is more than decorative. It comprised of a rubber like substance that keeps the straps from slipping.

The holster secures the weapon well, and allows for a nutural and fast unholstering. Not sure about the ammo pouches yet. I'll report out on them after they arrive. I think it's it a great compliment to what I've settled on as my favorite combat vest/ammo pouch combo. which I'll reply to in your other post.

Thanks,
Chris

Finally arrived this morning - and well worth the waiting:
IMG_0426.jpg

Barrel is dated 5/44, the serial number comes back as 6/44. Doing a little work on getting the stock cleaned up but otherwise it looks to be 100%. Trigger group looks brand-new. Someone wrote "Nice, huh?" on the barrel tag. Boy, he wasn't kidding. The photo doesn't do it justice, I'll try to get more when the stock is cleaned up.

Well, it's not quite a new gun, but thanks to my buddy Adam at Infinite Arms, today I picked up this:

Black Hills Red Box .223 75gr Match Hollow Point - 1000 rounds

blackhillsredbox75gr.jpg

These will be shot with my new Rock River Arms AR that Adam set me up with, as well...I still don't have a scope yet, so pics won't come until then [wink]

Inland CMP M1 Carbine

Just arrived from CMP.

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

The stock has a couple of gouges, and the handguards
don't really match, I'm thinking of getting a replacement stock, eventually.

Last edited:
Just arrived from CMP.

The stock has a couple of gouges, and the handguards
don't really match, I'm thinking of getting a replacement stock, eventually.

Overall it looks pretty good to me. I see what you mean about the handguard though. Maybe stripping the finish will lose the darker color. Could be just a grimey handguard on a semi clean stock.
I'd try stripping it with Purple Power and applying BLO once its clean and dry. I don't think any of these have original US stocks so you probably don't have anything to lose by trying to clean it up.

Overall it looks pretty good to me. I see what you mean about the handguard though. Maybe stripping the finish will lose the darker color. Could be just a grimey handguard on a semi clean stock.
I'd try stripping it with Purple Power and applying BLO once its clean and dry. I don't think any of these have original US stocks so you probably don't have anything to lose by trying to clean it up.

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere in gory detail, but could you give a short summary of how I ought to strip and refinish (i.e., what grit sandpaper, how long to soak, etc), and also where is a good place to get the chemicals? Thanks!

Not only have I resisted to shoot it in the past 24 hours, but now it's going on 48 hours!
Wow... I remember getting my Model 19. Mike & I went from J&J Guns (Bayonne, NJ) directly to Hudson County Pistol Range to try my Mod 19 out immediately. [grin]
Finally, found a place that sells this stuff...in RI. I called them and they will not ship to Ma.

Drove there today and it was weird. I walked in, looked around for a while, told them what I wanted, paid them and left.

They didn't care who I was or where I was from. Weird compared to Ma.
Woonsocket?
Ah, yes. I go down there sometimes when I need lead reloads and don't feel like paying the outrageous prices that they folks they ship to in MA charge. I really need to start reloading again...
i wish i could get a cmp carbine [crying]

im not a member of the cmp
Oh, stop whining! Get off your butt and go up to Riverside Gun Club on Sunday for their CMP Qualification Match; that'll give you the certificate you need. The other thing you need is a GOAL membership card... and I'm you have one of those already! [wink]

Here... let me give you some incentive:
anim_buttkick.gif
Problem solved.

How did you get an XD I thought those weren't MA legal?

They are 100% legal, you just can't have large cap mags with them
here... and an MA licensed dealer can't sell you the gun. There are a few
resourceful, legal ways around this problem.... (eg, private transfer via
FA-10) a lot of them rely on luck. (such as finding someone moving into this
state with an off list gun. ) Off list/noncompliant handguns are NOT
illegal to possess or own, period.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom