New acquisitions for June 2010

here ya go:
aaaaaa.jpg

Ah, photoshop.

Thanks!

This is where my gun budget for the next few year went but I don't think that I am going to regret it...not even for a second [smile] I hope to be able to pick her up on Saturday.

bikesd.jpg

You will love it!! I had a Volusia then sold it to buy an LC1500!!! Loved that but fell out of love when I sold it to pay some bills. Wish I never did...everyday... [sad]

My new stick

Howa 1500 .308 Winchester barreled action. Barrel is 24" heavy contour. Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with aluminum bedding block. Harris bipod. Bushnell Elite 3200 10X40 mildot scope in Burris rings and on a 20 MOA EGW steel base.

Gonna go break it in this weekend and order components to work up a load. Due to the short tube, I'm leaning to copy US M118LR since I already have lots of Reloder 15. Need to order some Winchester brass and Nosler 175 gr match bullets.

Also need to order a cheek pad/storage pocket and a TIS sling.

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no more guns for the month, but the NRA finally sent me a new card!

NRA_Expert_censored.jpg

(censored, lol)

actually REALLY glad i got the expert card instead of the Master card. (dont want the Master card til im consistently shooting high 760-mid 770's...if i'm gonna make it, i want to REALLY make it...not just barely scrape in)

Last edited:
gift from my girlfriend's father. it's one of the toppers from "back in the day" when H&R made stuff out in gardner. the shotgun is over 20 years old but in excellent shape, looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

View attachment 11077

also props for richm. [smile]

Last edited:
I have been unable to go to Sunday Trap at my club due to my work schedule so I decided trap should come to me. A new-to-me Atlas AT50 trap thrower:

AtlasTrap.jpg

Now I just need to get the oscillating base and I am really good to go.

Looks great, Atilla... My father-in-law will be passing some of his rifles & shotguns to me shortly... he's got some very nice stuff!

My new M&P 9c. After installing the Apex parts, it's definitely a trade up from my (former) Glock 23. What MA trigger???? [smile]

Attachments

• 31097_1412995299126_1659854270_990353_6970976_n.jpg
    31097_1412995299126_1659854270_990353_6970976_n.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 59
I got the 10/22 at the end of last month, But I just got the Scope and mounted it today.
Elite 3200 7-21x on a Game Reaper Mount.

1022new.jpg

New-to-me Benelli M1 Super 90. I am in love with this thing. Took it out to shoot clays with a buddy of mine and we simply couldn't miss.

img1067s.jpg

Also came with this "ported, studded, wad-slowing" choke. No idea if it really does what it claims, but it seems to do the job. If anyone knows more about it, I'd appreciate the info.

img1073c.jpg

Last edited:
Also came with this "ported, studded, wad-slowing" choke. No idea if it really does what it claims, but it seems to do the job. If anyone knows more about it, I'd appreciate the info.

Did you unscrew it and try it without? The old-timers think porting is just a gimmick but others think it reduces muzzle jump. I don't know what benefit "wad-slowing" would be. The wad is behind the shot all the way so who cares. Nice gun, glad you enjoy it.

Did you unscrew it and try it without? The old-timers think porting is just a gimmick but others think it reduces muzzle jump. I don't know what benefit "wad-slowing" would be. The wad is behind the shot all the way so who cares. Nice gun, glad you enjoy it.

Nope...didn't bother...I'll try this weekend. I have read it may just be snake oil, but I got it as a "throw-in," so I can't complain either way. Go Purdue.

Back
Top Bottom