New Acquisitions for June 2016

Couple of new Blackhawk hoglegs. I need them like a hole in the head, but it was just $775 for the pair and I'm stoked.

Both are three-screw, the one on the left is a 1968 and the other a 1969. The '69 has the transfer bar retrofitted, unfortunately, but the '68 is still original. Got a new rig enroute from El Paso Saddlery; I'm still deciding whether I like those grips.

ETA: Sorry about the pics. I didn't realize the floor was such an ungodly mess. Just look at the guns...

Last edited:
Couple of new Blackhawk hoglegs. I need them like a hole in the head, but it was just $775 for the pair and I'm stoked.

Both are three-screw, the one on the left is a 1968 and the other a 1969. The '69 has the transfer bar retrofitted, unfortunately, but the '68 is still original. Got a new rig enroute from El Paso Saddlery; I'm still deciding whether I like those grips.

ETA: Sorry about the pics. I didn't realize the floor was such an ungodly mess. Just look at the guns...

I like the grips

Been a while since I've posted...here are my latest purchases. The Safari Enforcer is a fun shooting, accurate carry gun...
Safari Arms, by Olympic Arms, Enforcer .45 acp. Commander Slide, Officer's Frame, uses 6 round Colt New Agent/Officer's Model 6 rd magazines.

safari_rt.jpg

safari_lt.jpg

Target_Colt_Safari.jpg

Shoots well too!

COP (Compact Off-Duty Police) .357 Magnum/.38 Special; 4 barrels of bang!

cop4.jpg

cop3.jpg

cop2.jpg

cop1.jpg

Walther P4

P4_left.jpg

P4_right.jpg

P4_stripped_2.jpg

P4_stripped_1.jpg

P4_mag_date_001.jpg

S&W Model 14-3 .38 Special

masterpiece_right.jpg

masterpiece_left.jpg

Ah crap.. vorgain you bought the gun i have been lusting after ... how does it shoot? I need to find a place to shoot one , one day

Good purchase, and one that is conspicuously missing from my CZ collection. Enjoy.

Took me six months to finally find one. If you can get your hands on one, you'll love it.

Ah crap.. vorgain you bought the gun i have been lusting after ... how does it shoot? I need to find a place to shoot one , one day

It shoots really well, especially for a sub compact. My sights are a little off, I think - it was consistently throwing rounds a few inches left.

Decided to dive into the watch world for Father's Day... Starting my adventure off with a Seiko SNZF17 'Sea Urchin'

Already addicted.

Edit... stupid picture rotated when I uploaded it. Ugh.

20160624_113719.jpg

Great choice. Now you've just opened yourself to another VERY expensive hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up another Half Face Blade. This one is a Crow Junior. Andy is putting out my favorite work right now.

nwdbbvU.jpg

Nm0Naiv.jpg

Just googled some of this work. Holy crap those are cool! How does one obtain this brand? I could not find an actual website.

Just googled some of this work. Holy crap those are cool! How does one obtain this brand? I could not find an actual website.

He only handles orders VIA email. No webpage. [email protected].

Ive ordered 2 from him. One full custom, and this one which was a semi custom. Wait time on my full custom was about 8 months but its among my most prizes possessions. Andy was a navy seal (pictured below), and a portion of all his sales goes towards some great charities. I cannot recommend him enough.

84KWwP0.jpg

xbvxQxJ.png

He only handles orders VIA email. No webpage. [email protected].

Ive ordered 2 from him. One full custom, and this one which was a semi custom. Wait time on my full custom was about 8 months but its among my most prizes possessions. Andy was a navy seal (pictured below), and a portion of all his sales goes towards some great charities. I cannot recommend him enough.

84KWwP0.jpg

xbvxQxJ.png

He looks like a pretty serious dude.

I just noticed this, anyone know why the 45 does not have the C designation like my 40 here shown has, they are both "Compact" models.

Dean

Picked up a new bow - late birthday present to myself.

Bowtech Carbon Icon (RAK)

• 3.2#
  • 60# draw weight set at 54#
  • 28" draw length.
  • Swapped out the Rest for a QAD drop rest
  • Swapped out the sight from my old bow (old bow now setup for my wife)
    • Single pin TruGlow Archer's Choice Range Rover w/ 2x Diopeter

I've had it for a week. The back wall is solid! Coming from a Hoyt Ignite, this thing is blistering fast & not spongy at all. Very little valley. Quite happy with this purchase.

Stock photo:

BT-ICON-RAK.jpg

Last edited:
The Smith & Wesson Model 39 was the first U.S. designed double action (DA) semi-automatic pistol marketed in the United States. I picked up a retired cop's 39-2 today. Very nice shape...hopefully heading to the range tomorrow. Now the search begins for original wood grips.

IMG_0016.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed this, anyone know why the 45 does not have the C designation like my 40 here shown has, they are both "Compact" models.

Dean

The M&P 45 is different than the other calibers in that they use 2 different frames (Full-size & Compact) and slides/barrels (4.5" & 4") to make 3 different models. The Mid-size combines the full-size frame with the 4" slide/barrel, so the 4" slide/barrel is used on more than just the compact model.

http://mp-pistol.com/mp-compact-pistols/29089-why-slide-no-longer-stamped-c.html

Back
Top Bottom