New acquisitions for March 2009!

After reading the thread about 22 revolvers and EC making me rethink the S&W K22. I decided to look around for a S&W K22. Found a steal on a 98% plus K22 pre-17 5 screw version. It was in the back of someone's closet, I also found an early LNIB 1960s Colt Python in the same closet. Long story short, it helps to befriend older generations, hopefully you will be seeing pics of that in the next few weeks as well. Now I will have to do a side by side of the K22 versus the Diamondback.

DSC_0451-1.jpg

DSC_0452-1.jpg

DSC_0453-1.jpg

Dude.......dude.........DUDE!!!!

That just rocks. Man, that is just sweet.

Sorry Fred, this one tops the Model 19. [smile]

Kahr is from last month, but haven't posted it here yet.

NAA .32 Guardian from a fellow NES'er yesterday. Go on about mouseguns all you want (this'll be a BUG, if carried) but this little sucker is sweet! I put 50 rounds through it, 10 being Federal Hydra-shoks, and it ate 'em up. The only thing that needed to be done: I took it down to the last pin and smoothed up some of the interior surfaces. This got the trigger and slide actions working much slicker. It's still got a 10lbs trigger, but since there's no safety in or out, that's fine with me.
kahr.jpg

What is it? Looks like the barrel is a replacement with the front sight and different bluing from the frame.

It probably started life as a 4" P08, and someone replaced the original barrel with an aftermarket one. I've not seen one with a front sight that big though.

Nice looking pistol!

My son's first milsurp ... Russian Mosin Nagant, 1942. The crappy pictures don't do it justice, but I couldn't wait for natural light.

mosinnagant2.jpg

I forgot to mention when I first saw this pic and just remembered after seeing your other pic posting.
The wood grain on that 91/30 is probably the best I've seen out of hundreds of different rifles. Usually "flaming" as its refered to in birch stock rifles, only is found on Finnish models. Finding it on a Russian stock is rare.
You've got a real collector's piece there. Enjoy it! [wink]

I picked up a code /26\ paratrooper at Wilmington. At first I thought it was a D or M type set up made to accept AK mags but after buying realized it just had a 30 round duckbill installed.[rolleyes]

Oh well, it was still a great price for a paratrooper and has a few different features from the other one I have so with an original Chinese 10 round replacement mag, into the vault it goes.

The aftermarket 30 rounder could feed 100% for all I know but I just can't bring myself to shoot it.[hmmm]

100_1032.jpg

100_1033.jpg

Catching up on posting some of the recent pick ups (Feb and March)

Circa 1982 Colt SP1 Carbine
SP1.jpg

Rifles037.jpg

PWA Commando
PWACommandoA1.jpg

PWAA1CloseUp.jpg

Chinese Factory Code 0406 SKS Date of manufacture unknown
SKSFront.jpg

Rifles021.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Chris

Ranger, I love the pics. Those rocks/boulders make a great background.

I wouldn't mind having the guns either. [wink]

Thanks for posting them.

6.5 that is a great looking SP1! The finish looks immaculate.

Here's a little Smith 34-1 (.22 LR) that I picked up at ZHA. I can't wait for some nice plinking weather.
BlameitontheWolf041.jpg

Dam you guys have gotten some nice goodies lately.
Thanks for sharing ... hope to see some of those at our next members shoot.

Only my second wheel gun. The much bigger brother to my S&W 642-2...

The mighty 29-2. Do you feel lucky? [wink]

P1010070-1.jpg

P1010076.jpg

I'm sorry for the pics. I can't find the good camera at the moment. These pics do this gun no justice. It is absolutely beautiful.

6.5 that is a great looking SP1! The finish looks immaculate.

Here's a little Smith 34-1 (.22 LR) that I picked up at ZHA. I can't wait for some nice plinking weather.
BlameitontheWolf041.jpg

beautiful, i want it!

mind if i ask how much something like that would go for? (not yours per se, just in general...)

i think the female might enjoy shooting that more than my 9

beautiful, i want it!

mind if i ask how much something like that would go for? (not yours per se, just in general...)

i think the female might enjoy shooting that more than my 9

I paid about 350.00 for that one. I say "about", because it was part of a package deal with an AR, and there was a discount applied to the package. You can probably find them for less, but I think the model 34's are gaining in popularity, so prices are likely to rise vs. fall.

Chris

Goose:
That is a beautiful rifle! I happen to think that the Italians build incredibly well made and gorgeous reproduction firearms.

Chris

Not so much a new gun, but just got it back from phase 1 of renovation. Sig P239 in 9mm. Sent it to Sig to have the SRT trigger installed and when it came back last night I put my Sig Logo CTC grips on. Sweeeeet. Phase 2 is a refinish and short trigger.

DSC01586.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom