New Acquisitions For March 2010

scored this today rem 700 adl in 25-06
rem001.jpg

Ok so the AR isn't actually a "NEW" aquisition but some of the goodies are . . . the only thing she's lacking in my eyes is a light and mount but thats in the works . . . Let me know what ya think!

100_1041.jpg

100_1034.jpg

Bushmaster A3 16" 1/9 H Bar upper
Yankee Hill Machine Mid-length Diamond Freefloat Forearm & Gas block (Thank you to John at Remsport)
Spikes SD1 fake can
Eotech 511 HWS
Magpul MBUS front and rear
Magpul VFG
Essential Arms J-15 Pre-Ban Lower (cast) sprayed ultra flat black to match the rest of the AR
KNS anti rotation pins and accu-wedge installed
YHM EZ pull take down pins
Magpul MIAD
Vltor Emod
Vltor milspec buffer tube
ZM Weapon Systems single point "bungee" sling and reciever plate
Pre ban Orlites

Last edited:
i like it... i'm still getting used to it though, i'm used to holding on to the magwell but i definatly like it better than the VFG's as they make me feel twitchy side to side and the AFG forces you to pull the rifle into yourself makes for a very solid lock up and thats always good!

Picked this up today. Took it to the range right after I bought it and it shoots great. The slide doesn't lock back after the last round fired though, I heard it could be a worn mag? Cleaned it up when I got home and it looks practically brand new!!

Glock195.jpg

Glock194.jpg

glock19.jpg

I haven't been able to add any new acquisitions in a while... so I'm happy to join back in the fun [smile]

Say hello to my new Kahr MK9 Elite 2003 [smile]

Very nice Hanwei! How does it shoot compared to the PM9?

Are you pocket carrying?

The slide doesn't lock back after the last round fired though, I heard it could be a worn mag?

Looks great! And yeah, no lock back on the last round is usually a mag issue. It's probably got an old follower... replace it with a new one and you should be good to go.

Very nice Hanwei! How does it shoot compared to the PM9?

Are you pocket carrying?

I pocket carried it today for giggles (in a super fly)... but I got it for deep concealment when I can't have something on the belt or in my pockets... so it'll typically be in my smart carry.

It has less felt recoil compared to the PM9... (not surprising [wink])... so I'm able to make a faster second shot. But other than that... it's pretty similar in the accuracy department. Both guns are great... but I do prefer the extra weight/less recoil aspect. Especially since the primary way of carrying it will be in a smart carry = weight is not an issue. You're welcome to try it out anytime. Just let me know [grin]

Just picked up a beautiful Marlin Mod. 60 10/22 today @ the gun show. It's in great condition.

IMG_0279..jpg

Can't wait to take it to the range!

Last edited:
something new something old

NEW S&W PC1911 had one in 2004 traded it for my TRAP gun[rolleyes] Came across this on S&Wforum for a good price.[smile]

OLD Crosman 140 22cal pellet gun. I got it working but the power is nil. no where near the 600fps claimed for these old pumpers, now to decide if I should dumb 50.00 @ it for new seals,piston and pump rod[rolleyes]

[laugh2] I also need ammo for the 45......

Sweet!

I haven't been able to add any new acquisitions in a while... so I'm happy to join back in the fun [smile]

Say hello to my new Kahr MK9 Elite 2003 [smile]

I've been looking for one of these for a while now and finally found a pretty sweet deal on one NIB.

I put 200 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of Federal HST through her with only 1 stovepipe on round # 115 due to user error.

With the MK9 and PM9 series (so I've read), with a slide locked back, after you insert a loaded magazine you must use the slide release lever to chamber the firearm. If you use your weak hand to slingshot the slide into battery you can cause the second round in the magazine to go nose down, therefore causing a stovepipe and potentially a misfeed after the first round is fired. Needless to say, I used the slingshot method to chamber that first round and I did indeed get the stovepipe. I used the slide release lever method the rest of the time and had no issues at all.

I got this gun to replace my S&W Model 60 as my deep concealment firearm... mostly because I can't shoot my J frame to save my life [thinking] And ain't that the point of the gun?! However I can certainly shoot the MK9 [smile] I put the first 6 rounds into a 3 inch group at 21ft. I'm VERY happy with it. But man... after 250 rounds in one range session... this is NOT a range fun gun [wink]

ANYWAY... on to the pitchers...

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

A deal I couldn't refuse. I have wanted one for quite a while. Glock 30. I need to get some night sights now on the cheap.

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom