• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for March 2012

I get to start off this thread and show off my first purchases since getting my LTC yesterday...

IMG_20120301_120901.jpg

Stopped by Four Seasons today and picked up a Ruger 10/22 with scope, Ruger MKIII, and a Sig P229 9mm. I think that should be sufficient to get me started.

somebody had a pocket full of money burning a hole

Well that tends to happen when a lot of towns in this state jerk you around for a few months or whatever. Gives you a lot of time to save up cash.

The week when my first LTC went active I think I bought 3 handguns, a P7M8, a P239, and a P226.

-Mike

Well that tends to happen when a lot of towns in this state jerk you around for a few months or whatever. Gives you a lot of time to save up cash.

The week when my first LTC went active I think I bought 3 handguns, a P7M8, a P239, and a P226.

-Mike

Not only this, but I've had my CT LTC for almost 2 years now but never got around to buying anything because I was in school in Mass still.

You did your home work,very nice choice. Now go out and get yourself a AR,AK,91/30,SKS,M1 ETC.[mg]

Spent the past 5 hours @ Business End Customs...I brought Lou a pile of parts that started off as a stripped lower...5 hours later I got the finished project...This project was 6 months in the making! Thanks Lou!

seekins.jpg

No photo, but I picked up an LC9 this morning at FS. I couldn't resist the price drop to $329, and the 2 for 1 holster deal was pretty sweet too.

And the best part - my NICS check got approved without delay for the first time in like 7 purchases.

I haven't shot it yet, but I've been carrying it around the house and practicing my draw. It's a very comfortable gun to conceal.

I forgot, I also installed this safe behind my bedroom door yesterday, which was also March. I am keeping my SR9 in there. The flashlight came today as well.

The safe is a Stack-On drawer safe that I mounted sideways and lagged onto a stud. Instead of a number, I used a pattern for the combo, so I can easily open it in the dark.

That's cool. Novel use for a drawer safe.

Got a new upper for my SBR today. It's an AAC 9" in .300 AAC Blackout. I drank the koolaid and picked this up ... can't wait to see how she does. Unfortunately i'm in MA so the suppressor is forbidden [frown]. Larue mount is on order for the Micro T1 so that'll get raised up a bit to co-witness with the backup irons.

IMG_0466.JPG

And before the mall ninjas chime in yes it's a preban receiver so I can have the flash hider and collapsible stock.

Spent the past 5 hours @ Business End Customs...I brought Lou a pile of parts that started off as a stripped lower...5 hours later I got the finished project...This project was 6 months in the making! Thanks Lou!

View attachment 27260

Haven't been on the forum in a several weeks and what's the first thing I see...

Absolutely beautiful rifle, Matt! Lou did an excellent job! Loving the Seekins Precision lower and Troy VTAC TRX Extreme in the burnt orange! Nice!

Andy

VERY happy to be able to contribute to this thread again. Just picked this up yesterday ... haven't gotten it to the range yet (but I will this weekend), but I LOVE it. Fits my hand great, just love the look & feel of it. Only my second firearm and I've already caught the 1911 bug! Pic by herself and then one with my current carry, two-tone Ruger SR9c.

photo (5).jpg photo (4).jpg

March is a good month. Here is a pic of my new acquisition. Some pics of the box for teasing. Looking forward to strip it and take some naked pictures.

47b88519-392f-bcfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Spent a little money at Remsport this past week[smile] John is a top notch, interesting, solid guy and I will definitely make the 2+ hour drive west to see him again when I need something.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

LRB lower, standard parts kit and trigger. ACE/ARFX whatever they're called now stock, stainless barrel which was rifle length, but he cut it down so that it's about 16" (17" overall with Carlson mini-comp) but it retains the rifle-length gas system. Midwest Industies T-12 free-float handguard. Magpul MOE pistol grip. No brand name visible on the bipod, but it seems to be a decent quality...probably not going to have it on there all the time.

Magpul vertical fore-grip and a few packages of XTM rail covers should be coming today. Then it's figure out a sling configuration and optic. The sling mount on the ARFX stock is threaded into it. I'd like to replace it with a Q.D. recepticle of some sort, or else I'll probably have to change the end of one of my one point slings to work with it. Or I may get a front sling mount for the rails and use a two point with it. Not sure yet...the rifle hasn't told me what to do yet [grin]

Might swap the iron sights too. The front is a YHM flip and the rear is a decent quality no-name flip with A2 dual aperature. Might get the matching YHM rear, or buy a new matched set of some kind. Leaning towards Eotech 552 for the optic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom