New Acquisitions for March 2012

Not really a new Acquisition, but I just got my frankinmosin nagant back from Mike pigney in taunton yesterday, still have to find a new stock, decent optics, a good trigger(timmney) and a nice barrel finish
47ae63a0-4434-433d.jpg
47ae63a0-4444-e26d.jpg
... and the beer was a surprise from a good friend who just came back from NY...

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

The lady unveiled naked.

keltecksg-1.jpg

Quickly it get some mod to refine it's sexy naked body.

keltecksg_mod-1.jpg

That's reeal cool! :) I was waiting for them to finally hit the shops but if they are going for around the $1500.00 mark, there is just no way I can afford one, nor would I at that price.

The lady unveiled naked.

keltecksg-1.jpg

Quickly it get some mod to refine it's sexy naked body.

keltecksg_mod-1.jpg

Been looking for one of these for quite some time. However I'm not really willing to pay $1500 on GB for a gun that is supposed to retail for $800 - $900. Where did you get it and if you dont mind my asking, how much did you have to shell out?

Spent a little money at Remsport this past week[smile] John is a top notch, interesting, solid guy and I will definitely make the 2+ hour drive west to see him again when I need something.
stainless barrel which was rifle length, but he cut it down so that it's about 16" (17" overall with Carlson mini-comp) but it retains the rifle-length gas system.
I would recommend reading 16" barrel with rifle length gas system thread. Have you tried shooting the rifle with different ammo types? How does it perform?

YOu guys are doing great with the new stuff this week. I am jealous already of some of the acquistions.

Business End Custom, CZ, KELTEC, NEW REMSPORT Ooooh MY!!

I would recommend reading 16" barrel with rifle length gas system thread. Have you tried shooting the rifle with different ammo types? How does it perform?

Other than the 2 rounds John fired into his trap in the shop, I've only quickly test fired some XM193 (about 20 rounds) through it and had no issues. I had wondered if the configuration would be a problem, but every time I read somewhere where a person said it was a bad combo, they had no specific experiences to back it up. Meanwhile, several people who claimed they owned one configured as such said they had no issues. I figured it's an interesting rifle so I rolled the dice. The rifles John puts together are warranteed for life. So I'm sure if it starts to have cycling issues, I'll be able to work something out with him, or maybe I'll replace the barrel with something else more traditional myself.

Had a bit of an ordeal getting this turned over from UPS to the Post Office to me, but it was worth the hassle:

02817745.jpg

Burris Tac 30 1-4x24mm and P.E.P.R. 1 piece mount.

Sighted it in over the weekend in the foggy weather; didn't have to touch windage, and just came up about 8 clicks to get the elevation dialed in, easiest zero-ing ever! The glass is clear, sharp edge to edge and light transmission has been good in the overcast weather we've been having lately. I was a little worried about not liking the reticle but I think it will work out well for USPSA/3-gun style shooting.

Last edited:
I picked up a new Windham Weaponry M4 yesterday and a Trijicon ACOG today. I have a grand total $68 invested into the ACOG. I had Gift cards from Hotel points, a gift card from my wife and points from my Cabelas credit card. Not a bad price for an ACOG. I have under a grand invested in this.

IMG_3447.jpg

I picked up a new Windham Weaponry M4 yesterday and a Trijicon ACOG today. I have a grand total $68 invested into the ACOG. I had Gift cards from Hotel points, a gift card from my wife and points from my Cabelas credit card. Not a bad price for an ACOG. I have under a grand invested in this.
Wow, that is a sweet-looking weapons system!

Had a bit of an ordeal getting this turned over from UPS to the Post Office to me, but it was worth the hassle:

02817745.jpg

Burris Tac 30 1-4x24mm and P.E.P.R. 1 piece mount.

Sighted it in over the weekend in the foggy weather; didn't have to touch windage, and just came up about 8 clicks to get the elevation dialed in, easiest zero-ing ever! The glass is clear, sharp edge to edge and light transmission has been good in the overcast weather we've been having lately. I was a little worried about not liking the reticle but I think it will work out well for USPSA/3-gun style shooting.

Yes - that should be a nice setup for 3-gun enjoy.

Been looking for one of these for quite some time. However I'm not really willing to pay $1500 on GB for a gun that is supposed to retail for $800 - $900. Where did you get it and if you dont mind my asking, how much did you have to shell out?

I posted the price and gunshop info where I acquired on NES (use googleful force). The MSRP is $880 according to Keltec website. Bewared when visiting Keltec website as it's known to download virus from the site (Keltec states the problem fixed, but proceed with cautious).

fap roulette?

LMAO! [smile]

I want to hear about the Governor and the KSG. Those are two firearms I have my eye on, but am not set on yet. Leaning towards the KSG if I can get one. Shop down the road from me has a KSG.........for $2,400 [rofl]

i am getting AN PEQ-2A this weekend to compliment my pvs-14 im putting together. all going on my SBR

anpeq_2.jpg

Did I mention I like the old Mossbergs? Well I do and here are a few I picked up today.

I picked up these today.

A Mossberg Model 40. Manufactured between 1933-1935. All the blueing is missing, but it's complete. The unique rear peep is worth way more than I paid for the whole thing.

MossbergModel40rightside.jpg

MossbergModel40No3sight.jpg

Then there's the Mossberg Model 152 (which is one of my favorite Mossbergs). Made between 1948 and 1957. This is another earlier one due to the folding wood fore grip.

MossbergModel152leftside.jpg

MossbergModel152rightside.jpg

And a Mossberg 151M-B Made between 1948-1954.

MossbergModel151M-Brightside.jpg

MossbergModel151M-Bleftside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom