• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

finally...after 2 months wait...and a crappy photo

05_13_5.jpg

Robinson Armament XCR
16" heavy barrel
permanently attached muzzle brake
ACE tube stock
Tango Down vertical grip
Troy BUIS (Thanx to MassMark!!!)
Pentagon Light MD2 Laser Combo

and oh ya...the Arktis rig is thanx to MassMark too!

My newest acquisitions are not firearms but i think they are appropriate to post here.

My new NES Gear!!!
NESGEAR001.jpg

NESGEAR002.jpg

I also had to get a couple for my better half!!
NESGEAR003.jpg

I am impressed with the quality and comfort of these shirts and I recommend everyone get as least one.

Think of how it would look when we take a group photo with are NES AR's if everyone was wearing NES gear!!![rockon]

finally...after 2 months wait...and a crappy photo

05_13_5.jpg

Robinson Armament XCR
16" heavy barrel
permanently attached muzzle brake
ACE tube stock
Tango Down vertical grip
Troy BUIS (Thanx to MassMark!!!)
Pentagon Light MD2 Laser Combo

and oh ya...the Arktis rig is thanx to MassMark too!

Thats nice......Have you shot it yet??

You can never go wrong with the Ruger family of .22s but there are plenty of other discussions on this board about this same topic
As he said... I have a Ruger MK I and a MK II for handguns (do NOT get the MK III unless you love guns designed by liability lawyers!!) and a few Ruger 10/22s that have been converted to Liberty Training Rifles.

Lots of folks like the SW 22 and 41, though, and there are folks who like the Sig Mosquito. Marlin makes a range of tube-fed inexpensive .22 rifles, and there are lot of folks who prefer the bolt-action CZ-452 if you want a higher-end rifle. I stick with the Ruger because it was the first rifle I bought (27 years ago) and it's inexpensive and there are a TON of goodies out there to customize it with. Same for the Ruger MK I and II. Neither are Olympic quality, but they're good solid firearms.

Try coming to an NES shoot and seeing what folks bring; most of us are only too happy to show off our toys and let others throw some lead downrange with them.

Just purchased a pretty cool beater. Enfield No4 Mk1 "Sporterized" rifle. Anxious to give it a major scrub and fire. Would like to build up to look like a real Enfield
5-11021.jpg

I decided that I couldn't find a Ruger 10/22 much cheaper than $189 at Dicks so I picked one up.
DSCF0995.jpg

Now a new project that starts with...a 10/22...[banana]...details to come!

Did Ruger finally put a decent mag release on from the factory, or did you already change it yourself?

If its one of the new 10/22's with the plastic trigger group, then it has the extended mag release.

I decided that I couldn't find a Ruger 10/22 much cheaper than $189 at Dicks so I picked one up.
DSCF0995.jpg

Now a new project that starts with...a 10/22...[banana]...details to come!

I have been eyeing the 10/22's at Dicks as well. gunkings.com has those "nordic" AR kits for them...

I saw someone else post in another link here somewhere so i looked at them...

not that I need them, but they look cool! LOL

YUP! Definitely the "composite" trigger guard, as described by the Dicks Lodge staff. I don't care, I'll eventually pick up a metal replacement but this baby will be coming apart soon for a little project I have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom