New acquisitions for November 2008!

Here is my latest, Krebs KTR08. I had them put on a YHM brake that looks great, Can't wait to shoot it this weekend. Also picked up some ammo and 10 mags...

DSC08577.jpg

Don't know which I want more, the mags, ammo or the nice looking piece!

Just got this in the mail today...nothing much yet. Still trying to source a cheap trigger assembly and reciever vs buying a new 10/22 only to use those parts from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also, it came in OD green - I ordered black. Im half tempted to keep it based on the hassle of shipping it back and waiting for a new one (though this wouldnt hold up my build, its still a hassle). Any thoughts? It came from Heartland Sportsmans Supply.

IMG00127.jpg

-Coop

Just got this in the mail today...nothing much yet. Still trying to source a cheap trigger assembly and reciever vs buying a new 10/22 only to use those parts from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also, it came in OD green - I ordered black. Im half tempted to keep it based on the hassle of shipping it back and waiting for a new one (though this wouldnt hold up my build, its still a hassle). Any thoughts? It came from Heartland Sportsmans Supply.

*IMG*

-Coop

Call them up and see what they can do for you since they made a mistake on color. Maybe they can pay for shipping and hook you up with express or overnight shipping?

medium.jpg

Picked this up many years ago with the short barrel.
After many years of looking finally was able to get the target barrel with the slide on gunbroker.

Attachments

• medium.JPG
    medium.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Fresh off the big brown truck. SKS M59/66. The driver asked me if I was a gunsmith. I said no. He said, "Oh, I saw the shipper info and thought it was a gun!" I just chuckled and signed for it. Did he really think that was an appropriate question to ask me? Anyhow, after I clean the hell out of this thing, it'll be tested out this weekend.

Last edited:

-Coop

How to get great service from most companies.

1. Call them. Document the date and the name of person who answers the phone. Get the names and positon(s) of everyone you are transfered to.

2. I usuall start by telling the person who answers the phone, "I realize that you are not personally resonsible for the mistake and that you're just the underpaid/unlucky person to get my call." You will be AMAZED at how NICE and helpful the person will become.

3. Explain to them your disapointment. Do it politely.

Most folks stop there. My experience with CS (for most companies) is they want to make you happy. Tell them (within reason) what you want to make you happy. In most cases they will do it because you have done their work for them.

4. In your case I'd tell you do not feel it right that you should pay anything (especial return shipping) for their mistake. Tell them you want the correct black stock shipped with a return shipping label for the incorrect item. (They may want to charge your CC for the new one and refund the charge when you actually return the green one. That's up to you if you are willing to accept that.)

5. Never threaten to tell all your friends if they don't do what you want. However DO tell them that you're a member of a large shooting forum and that you've been sharing your experience on the forums. Tell them how excited you are to post pictures of your build and look forward to telling your fellow shooters how Heartland Sportsman's Supply has great customer service and has "made it right". In effect what your actuaaly saying is "You guys screwed up. My friends now know you screwed up. Fix it or they'll know that too."

6. If all that fails, write a snail mail letter to the president of the company. This is where your documentation comes into play. Tell him/her everthing including whom you spoke to and when. If you have e-mails print them and include it with the letter. DO NOT threaten, but ask if they really want you sharing your experience with your fellow shooters.

Using this method I've always gotten the desired results. In fact after one letter I wrote to the president of CVA, I got a contrite and extremely polite phone call from a customer service rep who had been less than helpful and borderline rude and arrogant via our e-mails. Too bad they all got printed and sent to the president of the company. Oh to have been a fly on the wall when the spoke to him.[smile]

Your milage may vary. Offer void where prohibitted or taxed. No animals where hurt during the writting of this post.

+1 You ordered black...You want black. They need to send you a return shipping label and the black stock. You shouldn't have to pay to ship back their mistake.

Dave is spot on here. If you are polite about it, but firm you will almost always get it resolved in your favor.

Fresh off the big brown truck. SKS M59/66. The driver asked me if I was a gunsmith. I said no. He said, "Oh, I saw the shipper info and thought it was a gun!" I just chuckled and signed for it. Did he really think that was an appropriate question to ask me?

I used to get a fair amount of deliveries due to my business, so I got to know my UPS delivery person at least by name. When I was on a C&R buying spree, he knew what they were and made a comment "that if it hits the fan, I'll know where to come" to which we both chuckled. No harm no foul. Many of the UPS delivery people are really decent folks and get to recognize the shipped from labels . . . not to mention the shape and weight of the boxes.

Enjoy the new gun!

Fresh off the big brown truck. SKS M59/66. The driver asked me if I was a gunsmith. I said no. He said, "Oh, I saw the shipper info and thought it was a gun!" I just chuckled and signed for it. Did he really think that was an appropriate question to ask me? Anyhow, after I clean the hell out of this thing, it'll be tested out this weekend. I stuck the 30-rounder on there for the picture. I'm wondering how it will feed.

*IMG*

I like that magazine, where did you pick it up? I'm interested to see how it feeds.

My post is premature as I do not have either one yet, however, I am so pumped about these rifles that I just need to post. I just ordered a Robinson Arms XCR in .223. They are telling me 8 weeks wait, but I expect longer. www.robarm.com. Also this week I should be receing my MSAR STG-556 in Tan. www.msarinc.com. These will be all I can afford for quite a while. I will keep you guys updated.

XCR_Fiixed.jpg

msar-stg.jpg

Last edited:
I used to get a fair amount of deliveries due to my business, so I got to know my UPS delivery person at least by name. When I was on a C&R buying spree, he knew what they were and made a comment "that if it hits the fan, I'll know where to come" to which we both chuckled. No harm no foul. Many of the UPS delivery people are really decent folks and get to recognize the shipped from labels . . . not to mention the shape and weight of the boxes.

Enjoy the new gun!

I've only signed for one other gun with the UPS guy in my area. It was a different guy the first time. Last night's driver just had a generally shitty attitude. He was pissed because he had to knock for a few minutes before I answered. (I was in the basement).

I can answer that for you both. They feed like crap.

I kinda figured that. They don't seem to be of any good quality. No biggy though. I've got a bunch of stipper clips and will probably install the original 10-round mag for the range.

I kinda figured that. They don't seem to be of any good quality. No biggy though. I've got a bunch of stipper clips and will probably install the original 10-round mag for the range.

The only aftermarket high capacity mags I hear that work are the Tapco 20 round ones and thats supposedly only when using a Tapco stock.

Pick this up today at Zero Hour![smile]
attachment.php

Soon it will be built into an Evil Pink Rifle [laugh]

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 352
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 345
For those that are looking for lowers Match Shot in Gardner has two left. At least one is complete with A2 stock.

Great people to deal with too. Ask for Charlie

OK Here is my new stuff....

Norinco MAK 90
55.jpg

Completed 9mm NES AR. Upper done by our own JDL sales!!

Here is my completed 9mm NES AR

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

AA Lower
ACE ENTRY skeleton stock
ERGO grip
TASCO red dot
CAA flashlight mount
JDL Sales 9mm Upper.
Stag Fake Supressor
Single point sling adapter for A2 stock.

Last edited:
Actually the new acquisition is the Vltor Rifle stock. I've had the gun for a while.
MidlengthARrtside1.jpg

RRA Lower
RRA mid-length upper w/Wilson Hbar
Hogue grip
RRA tactical rear sight/accessory rail

Here you go...My first gun.
Hey, congrats!

Now, whatever you do - no matter how desperately you need money, no matter how badly you decide that you just can't deal with Glocks any more and you're now a confirmed Browning-phile... Do. NOT. Sell. Your. First. Gun. EVER.

Just don't do it.

You'll regret it. I did. Moved Heaven and Hell to get it back, too. It's easier to just keep it.

Trust me on this; have I ever lied to you before? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom