New acquisitions for November 2008!

Hey, congrats!

Now, whatever you do - no matter how desperately you need money, no matter how badly you decide that you just can't deal with Glocks any more and you're now a confirmed Browning-phile... Do. NOT. Sell. Your. First. Gun. EVER.

Just don't do it.

You'll regret it. I did. Moved Heaven and Hell to get it back, too. It's easier to just keep it.

Trust me on this; have I ever lied to you before? [wink]

What he said! No joke.

Hey, congrats!

Now, whatever you do - no matter how desperately you need money, no matter how badly you decide that you just can't deal with Glocks any more and you're now a confirmed Browning-phile... Do. NOT. Sell. Your. First. Gun. EVER.

Just don't do it.

You'll regret it. I did. Moved Heaven and Hell to get it back, too. It's easier to just keep it.

Noted, thanks![smile]

Well it's been a while since I contributed to these threads but here is my latest. Yugo M70 underfolder. Sorry bout the poor quality, I took the pic with my cell at the gun shop. I'll post new pics in the "AK" thread when I get it in 7 days [rolleyes]
IMG00050.jpg

my new toys!

View attachment 2059

View attachment 2060

Grabbed the 10/22 in exchange for some electrical work at a friends house. 1991 vintage. doesn't have 200 rounds thru it.

Traded a couple of items for the S&W MP15. I had been looking at the AR for a couple of weeks before the election, got it at Gun & Sport North in Lawrence..great doing business with them. He still has some stripped Stag lowers in stock too.!

I'm soooo psyched for the AR !![smile]

Last edited:
Well it's been a while since I contributed to these threads but here is my latest. Yugo M70 underfolder. Sorry bout the poor quality, I took the pic with my cell at the gun shop. I'll post new pics in the "AK" thread when I get it in 7 days [rolleyes]
IMG00050.jpg

Nice!
You can get wood furniture for it too (if you want). [wink]
I hear the Yugo M70s are great AK variants.

Well, it came in today, my MSAR STG556. I immediately headed down to Zero Hour and bought their last four pre ban mags. I cannot wait to hit the range. Now, what optics?

stg556005.jpg

stg556002.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, congrats!

Just don't do it.

Pay close attention to the wisdom this man is giving. At least he got his back. I am still
searching for my S&W M28. [sad]

Hey, congrats!

Just don't do it.

I did give my first one away - to someone special, and in the family.

Hey, congrats!

Just don't do it.

Oh, stuff and nonsense. To each their own, I never felt that way.

What he said. No seriously, and at the same time/place. I'd take a pick, but they all look the same and since it is posted already I'll just refer you to Brian's above.[smile]

me too..good thing we went to the S&W range first..because our group cleaned out what they had in stock for the day.[smile]

I did give my first one away - to someone special, and in the family.
Oh, I plan on giving mine away... in my will. [smile]
Oh, stuff and nonsense. To each their own, I never felt that way.
As you say, to each their own. I think that more people feel sentimental about their first guns than not.

BTW, that bullpup looks sweet. Bringing it to the Pumpkin Shoot?

My Latest

Well, it isn't a firearm, but it IS a firearms case!

The new ride, a 2009 BMW 128i, nicely equipped with all the needed goodies.

bmw1.jpg

bmw3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, congrats!

Just don't do it.

I put my first pistol, a Browning BDA on consigment at Manchester Firing Line a few years ago. I happened to be in the shop when an older man was looking at it. After hearing him say that that type was the first pistol he ever owned, I summoned the counter-person to the side and reduced the price so that the older man would buy it. He did. He did complain about not being able to take it with him since he was from mass. Did one of you guys buy it? If so can I buy it back?

New AR

Thanks to JDL for the perfect build. Stag Lower, Spikes Upper, Ace Skeleton stock, 16"M4 Barrel, 12" YHM forearm and flip ups, Magpul trigger guard and MIAD grip, Vickers sling.

Better optics are inbound.
arbest.jpg

arbest2.jpg

Bought this today. I wasn't even in the market for a snubby, but this Model 60 was available at a decent price. Carried a lot, fired almost not at all. A friend's wife's carry gun, but she decided she wanted something lighter.

I had one of these several years ago, but traded it in for a Model 442. I always regretted that and jumped at the chance to get a another.

MDL60-R.jpg

MDL60-L.jpg

Terrible photos, I know, but by the time I got home it was too dark to take them outside in natural light.

Bought this today. I wasn't even in the market for a snubby, but this Model 60 was available at a decent price. Carried a lot, fired almost not at all. A friend's wife's carry gun, but she decided she wanted something lighter.

I had one of these several years ago, but traded it in for a Model 442. I always regretted that and jumped at the chance to get a another.

MDL60-R.jpg

MDL60-L.jpg

Terrible photos, I know, but by the time I got home it was too dark to take them outside in natural light.
for some reason these remind me of English Bulldogs...

Picked up this Saiga .308 today. I call it my pre-inauguration lay-away plan [grin].
pb160379.jpg

pb160381.jpg

Original thumbhole Saiga Dragunov style stocks are still available and I strongly suggest buying one because it really does make a difference in shooting that rifle!
Someone from here posted a link here a few days ago, I just can't remember where it was right now.

Original thumbhole Saiga Dragunov style stocks are still available and I strongly suggest buying one because it really does make a difference in shooting that rifle!
Someone from here posted a link here a few days ago, I just can't remember where it was right now.
Thanks for the info. I'll go looking.

I did take it to the range this afternoon. It shot pretty well; MBR accuracy at least. No one would ever mistake the trigger for that of a target rifle, the pull is kinda heavy and long, but it is reasonably smooth and consistent. The recoil and blast is noticeable, but that's a given with the shorter barrel. Has anyone put a brake or comp on one of these? Recommendations? The muzzle is not threaded so it would have to be a pinned/set-screw slide-on notched for the sight.

One other thing I noted in cleaning it. I started to use brake cleaner to clean the bolt and carrier assembly and it looked like it was washing the finish off. Note to self; no brake cleaner on the Saiga. MP-7 worked fine.

The biggest drawback on the Saigas in .308 is that once the barrel heats up on the full size ones, accuracy starts to drop off.
Using good quality ammo like Remington, I can put 3 shots in a quarter sized hole with mine at 100 yards then the groups open up.
You'll probably have better results and more consistent groups with the shorter barrel. I'd also put a 6 power POSP scope on it.

Back
Top Bottom