New Acquisitions for November 2009!

JuergenG-

I'm sure these blades have more value in them intrinsically but as a noob taking it as face value from the photos, they are extremely nice. I don't know the correct terminology for it but the center channel area with the shadow line makes it medieval looking. Awesome. I'm always impressed by your new acquisitions and look forward to your postings in these threads.

JuergenG-

I'm sure these blades have more value in them intrinsically but as a noob taking it as face value from the photos, they are extremely nice. I don't know the correct terminology for it but the center channel area with the shadow line makes it medieval looking. Awesome. I'm always impressed by your new acquisitions and look forward to your postings in these threads.

+1.
The groove is called the "fuller"

On a side note, I believe that if we spent more time sharing cool stuff like the items that Juergen posts, and less time on the economic doom and gloom/Obama is the devil stuff, it would represent a great improvement in the forum's content.

Thanks,

Chris

In my efforts to simplify and get down to the minimum of firearms. I also wanted to get to a minimum of calibers like one(pistol)....40S&W is my pick. For years I carried my Keltec PF9 9mm, I've been back and forth on what to do with it sell, trade, keep nothing was working out. Tonight went out to shop around quick...I found the perfect .40 carry gun replacement and got a sweet trade-in deal..it all came together nicely [smile]
One last acquisition for Nov.
Kahr PM40 .40S&W
DSC02267.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

In my efforts to simplify and get down to the minimum of firearms. I also wanted to get to a minimum of calibers like one(pistol)....40S&W is my pick. For years I carried my Keltec PF9 9mm, I've been back and forth on what to do with it sell, trade, keep nothing was working out. Tonight went out to shop around quick...I found the perfect .40 carry gun replacement and got a sweet trade-in deal..it all came together nicely [smile]
One last acquisition for Nov.
Kahr PM40 .40S&W
DSC02267.jpg

Talk about easily carried, that thing looks like it could fit in my wallet.

Definitely a use in case of self defense gun and not one for range fun.[smile]

You will NOT regret that PM40. They are great guns. I have the 9mm version. I plan on getting the MK40 with my NRA instructor discount next year.

You will NOT regret that PM40. They are great guns. I have the 9mm version. I plan on getting the MK40 with my NRA instructor discount next year.
I always wanted one of these Kahr PM's. Years ago when I was first picking a carry gun it came down to a PM9 of the PF9 ....I ended up going with the Keltec because it was $300 vs. $700 for the Kahr. Now I'm back full circle and got a hell of a deal to boot [grin] I'm going bring it the the range and let it beat me up later this morning.

Thanks for your comments!
Stay tuned for Friday, then it's going to be something more "modern".
1941 Ishevsk [smile]

Shhh.....something happened in the meantime:

P38_22links60.jpg

Walther Ulm P38 in .22lr of 1988 + 2 spare mags.
Cost was hmmm moderate: I'm to pay the fee for the de-registration under
the owner's name, just shy of $ 20[smile]
I knew, I'd get this one sooner or later; now I can make use of the
extra mag I have for years, too.
[party]

new S&W MP-15 22. 20 rd mag include with a coupon for 5 free mags from S&W. functions / breaks down just like a real AR. what a great training gun! do you think I can use it at an Appleseed shoot?

Sure why not, looks like a battle rifle to me despite not being a 10/22.

Picked up a Colt M1991A1 recently and sent it in to StateLine Guns over in Mason for a fresh set of Trijicon's. Got her back today and went to burn through a hundred rounds at the range.
Colt2.jpg
Colt1.jpg

Nothing special for ammo, mix of UMC 230gr fmj and M&M 230gr rnl reloads.
The results of three mags at 30 ft;
74d9a5fd.jpg

I'm used to my S&W1911Sc so I took up a six hold.
The Colt shoots right over the front sight. Me likey. [smile]

XCR bought off another forum member. Yes, I realize the bipod is a POS.

xcr.jpg

If anyone is interested, I'll most likely be selling an S&W M&P15FT which the XCR is replacing.

+1.
The groove is called the "fuller"

On a side note, I believe that if we spent more time sharing cool stuff like the items that Juergen posts, and less time on the economic doom and gloom/Obama is the devil stuff, it would represent a great improvement in the forum's content.

Thanks,

Chris

Well said, plus its neat seeing what Jeurgen finds kicking around Europe.

XCR bought off another forum member. Yes, I realize the bipod is a POS.

xcr.jpg

If anyone is interested, I'll most likely be selling an S&W M&P15FT which the XCR is replacing.

Paul, very nice. I like the lighting effect and the plywood floor backdrop.

Paul... nice pickup! [cheers]

Does it have a bolt hold open on it?

-Mike

Thanks Mike. It does have an ambi bolt catch at the front of the trigger guard area. It's kind of like the mag release on a Walther PPS but at the front.

I haven't fired it yet but it's a great design. Time will tellif it's reliable.

Back
Top Bottom