• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November

I'm with Trouble this month! Not the worst purchase I made. :)
I was able to get 40 pounds of powder this month too! I figured this was going to be my last ho-rah before spending the rest of my money on the house. It has been a love hate relationship already, the heat decided to quit working 2 days after moving in. I think it had something to do with the pink exterior with green shutters. Ugh!
I was thinking about painting purple polka dots on it, but I figured the neighbors might not find that too funny!
picture-uh=7123527fc134117faf31e70fcdd7d22-ps=3814e4a7efbd947939c4203451ddf90.jpg

Congrats man! I can't wait to move in and have everything break on me the first night.

What are the details on the AR?

Mass Compliant M&P 15 Sport. I just needed to get a base model, and I'll fix it up later. I'm not really that concerned with a collapsible stock, as I never really moved mine even when I had one. I'll probably have YHM thread and pin a brake on later. The rest is just furniture.

1000$ for both with taxes (cash). Probably the best I'm going to do in Mass.

Added a Mosin from Collectable Guns and Ammo in Merrimack to the growing arsenal. There will probably be a few of these added over the next year.

602611_810800382817_780854636_n.jpg

Now thats a bullet.
263460_810800347887_1288380681_n.jpg

PS, Keith and Alex kick ass. I asked if they had a spam can opener, and offered to return it after I got home and opened my can. Keith said not to worry about it. Kick ass service. I will be back.

Nice pick up Zappa! How's the action on that thing? My little boy is smooth as butter but I haven't handled a big boy yet...

I shot it today, the action is very smooth.
I like the fact that it loads just like a tube fed .22, slide the tube out and drop the rounds in through the slot.
This is much easier and faster than the side gates found on most other tube fed lever actions.
I had a bit of trouble sighting it in, the front sight was off center to the left a bit in the front dovetail, causing my shots to hit to the right of the target. I didn't have the tools with me to make the adjustment at the range, but I used a big brass drift and a hammer when I got home. That sight was in there pretty tight too, I had to hit it much harder than I expected to get it to move. I'll have to wait until the next range trip to see how close I am, but I have it perfectly centered in the dovetail slot now.
The rifle is a bit heavier than the other lever guns I'm accustomed to, such as the Marlin 1894C and Winchester 92's & 94's, but that octagon barrel is really beefy. It almost feels like I'm carrying a muzzloader.
Firing it off the bench rest was nice because it doesn't toss the brass very far, it more or less just falls out of the ejection port when you cycle the action. The shells all landed in a neat little pile so I didn't have to chase them.
I tried a variety of ammo, including 200 gr. LRNFP's, 250 gr. LRN's and 300 gr. Hornady XTP's, and it cycled everything just fine without any hangups.
I also like the fact that Henry stuck to a traditional design without any external manual safety to ruin the smooth looks, like the post 96' Winchesters. It doesn't even have a half-cock notch on the hammer, just a lever interlock so it can't be fired unless fully in battery.
I wonder how Henry got this non-safety design past the lawyers ??? [wink]

Nice Henry! Yeah I agree, nothing worse than an external on a gun like that. But it's a "laywer thing" and I'm glad Henry chose not to add one. I have yet to shoot a lever-action and I know that I'll need to run out and buy one once I do!

Back
Top Bottom