New acquisitions for October 2007

A

AnonMember

Gotta start this one off with a BANG!

The Dark Earth are Shipping!!!

SWMP45.jpg

And I gots mine.

When I tried the M&P at the S&W Shooting Center, it was about as wide as a 1911, but better rounded. They had the "medium" grip insert on at the Shooting Center which was a little too large for me. I like the Medium grip on the 9mm and the .40 S&W, so I'd probably find the small grip insert on the .45 just about right.

Basically, the pebbly looking part at the rear of the grip comes of and you can replace it with different sizes. Gun comes with 3 different ones.

Si Senhor! (my attempt at Spanish)

9X17 is a .380 Round
9X18 is a Makarov Round
9X19 is the Luger (or NATO) Round
9X21 is the Largo Round

Hope this helps!

Largo = Large in Spanish. (^_^)

9x17 is also 9mm Kurtz (Short in German)
9x19 is also known as 9mm Parabellum which I understand means "suitable for war" or some such in German.

And since we're talking about 9mm, the .357 SIG actually uses the 9mm bullet which measures .355".

Still, nice C&R find.

The Germans got it from the Latin phrase "si vis pacem, para bellum", which means "If you want peace, prepare for war". So I guess it would mean "War-prepared" when joined together...

(Yeah, Dwarven1 isn't the only militant nit-picker language person on the board...) [smile]

Largo = Large in Spanish. (^_^)

9x17 is also 9mm Kurtz (Short in German)
9x19 is also known as 9mm Parabellum which I understand means "suitable for war" or some such in German.
And since we're talking about 9mm, the .357 SIG actually uses the 9mm bullet which measures .355".

Still, nice C&R find.

Just picked up a Magnum Research Desert Eagle in 357 Mag. No safe queen here. Wen't to the range to put her through some paces before it even seen the safe!![smile]

100_1609.jpg

I guess I had to get one of these eventually,
View attachment 662

It's a Yugo SKS if you can't see the temp pic I attatched.

When I get mine cleaned up I will post a proper pic. It's more like buying pounds of cosmoline with a gun inside....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom