New acquisitions for October 2007

Juergen...You never cease to amaze me with the cool guns that you buy [wink]

Thanks, Dave !
Currently the issue is, that the vault room is still a project, and due to lack of more safe space I'm limited to buy handguns.
But there's light at the end of the tunnel[smile]
Working on the next K98k already, and an M1 Garand is top on the
wish list to be ticked by the end of November.

After a VERY long dry spell, this is my third new pickup for the month. [smile] A Mossburg Silver Reserve O/U shotgun with a 28" ribbed bbl, 5 Mossburg choke tubes w/ tool, 2 Morgan adjustable recoil pads, two Trulock ported extended chokes and a fiber optic front sight. Not to mention an excellent price!

Moss1.jpg

Moss2.jpg

I know these have had some bad rep due to issues with thier firing pins, but the previous owner had the pins replaced already. I've put 50 rnds through it last Sunday and it ran like a top. Now I just need to improve my technic hitting those damn clay pigeons. [wink]

Now I just need to improve my technic hitting those damn clay pigeons.

if your a rifle shooter its probably one of the hardest things to do! you dont know how many times when i first started out shooting skeet that i tried to "aim" at the bird instead of pointing and shooting...takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it its fun as all hell!

Thanks for the comments. Even the wife let out a "wow".

TOM-P:

Nice Garand! That wood looks very nice. Did the sling come with it?

Chris

Yes the sling came with it. Not sure If I have it hooked up the correct way.

Wow, that Garand is pristine! Are you sure that you haven't spent the last few days cleaning cosmoline off and shining it up for photos? :)

No cleaning those pics are out of the box. They did a great job with the speacial grade.

Here are the new acquisitions so far this month. I still have a couple on the way.

OCT_PUR_1.jpg

CZ-82, CZ-52, S&W M&P40C, SIG PRO SP2009

Last edited:
You have it correct.

Nice M1 !

+1

BZ for rigging the sling correctly. I've seen every kind of variation that renders the sling useless for its intended purpose (steadying the rifle in prone, sitting, and kneeling) from so-called experts.

This will be it for me for a while...
From the top:
R-guns lower w/ ace stock/DPMS parts kit that I put together (which was a lot easier than I thought it would be).
G21
G22
G17
View attachment 697
Funny, the stock cost more than the lower....

Last edited:
In celebration of my US citizenship AND my forthcoming concealed carry license. I went out and got this today:
Congrats pipmaster1971. That's a great way to celebrate.

I'm putting myself on a self imposed ban from gun shops and gun classifieds. I was "done" for 2007...then I found these.[rolleyes]

Belgium Browning HP. I love 1911's but I've wanted one of these just because of the connection to John Browning. Price was right and they guy even knocked an additional $25 off at point of sale. Has cosmetic issues, but it's tight as a drum and runs like a top.

Spent some time being stored in a holster.

Close up finish damage.

Original grips.

This one I've been wanting ever since my friend had one. S&W 65-2 .357. Every chaimber locks up tight in single action. Trigger pull in DA is smooth. Shot a little low at first test, but that could be the loose nut pulling the trigger.

I'm "jumping the gun" a little bit -- but my Harvard Sportsmen's Club membership card came in the mail today. Minutes later, I filled out the remainder of the CMP packet for a service grade Garand and dropped it in the mailbox. Pics to follow, possibly in the January Acquisitions thread? Thanks Jose, for the PM that pushed me over the edge.

Yes the sling came with it. Not sure If I have it hooked up the correct way.

You did. I see they (or an arsenal) did a refinish, but, that's OK.

SA, H&R or Winchester?

I've got a '43 vintage Winchester, with a VAR (Danish) barrel.

Love them M1's.

All these up and coming M1 owners on this forum, you're going to have to let crak and I teach how to wring them out right.

A trip to Jericho may be in your future. We're working on Nashua as well, thanks to a couple kind souls in NH.

Back
Top Bottom